Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC440 CD Autochanger question (facelift)

Davey Blueeyes

Hi

Does anyone know how the CD changer connects to the stereo on the facelift? The pictures below show the pre facelift (with three ports on the back, the circled one being a 5+7 pin external port for CD changer) and the facelift which only seems to have two ports on the back? Neither of which seem to be an external CD port!

Thanks

David

FL1.jpg

PFL1.jpg

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

David--SC430 and post on the other website I gave you too.

Thanks! Yes I've asked over there, it's a bit of a mystery?! 

Plus typing on the small keys on my phone i seem to have created a new model! I don't think I can edit it, I'm sure you'll all know what I mean! 

• Like 2

I quite like the idea of an SC440, that must be the quicker one.🙂

It's so long since I actually used the standard head unit I can't remember what it did and sometimes we mad SC owners forget to state the obvious.  So checking my archives, I think the confusion is in the fact that the facelift doesn't actually have an external CD multi-changer. The 6 disc CD unit is part of the head unit itself. It should say 6 disc on the front of it.

Apologies I didn't add to the discussion on LW as I thought the others had explained but clearly they can't always be trusted with audio questions despite the fact that some are indeed highly qualified in these matters. Probably too busy debating less important matters like politics, the meaning of life or the weather. We wait ages for a fault to appear on an SC430, Usually it gets dealt with in a couple of sentences and a picture or two and we all go back to the waiting room.

image.png.27c27735668fdecc2f47be39be9f194d.png

image.thumb.png.62c833f53e2d821021481e6960df1039.png

image.thumb.png.708690e45bae2a55ec95ea654c321046.png

I took mine apart just to see how it worked after replacing it with an Alpine.

image.thumb.png.3f59485e432674311f6b6acd2567e2ac.png

You load the 6 CDs into the head unit one at a time slowly until it's full.

image.png.6b1be8d40778613dd4ebd113486b0c51.png

Hope that clears it up.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Neil E said:

I quite like the idea of an SC440, that must be the quicker one.🙂

It's so long since I actually used the standard head unit I can't remember what it did and sometimes we mad SC owners forget to state the obvious.  So checking my archives, I think the confusion is in the fact that the facelift doesn't actually have an external CD multi-changer. The 6 disc CD unit is part of the head unit itself. It should say 6 disc on the front of it.

Apologies I didn't add to the discussion on LW as I thought the others had explained but clearly they can't always be trusted with audio questions despite the fact that some are indeed highly qualified in these matters. Probably too busy debating less important matters like politics, the meaning of life or the weather. We wait ages for a fault to appear on an SC430, Usually it gets dealt with in a couple of sentences and a picture or two and we all go back to the waiting room.

image.png.27c27735668fdecc2f47be39be9f194d.png

image.thumb.png.62c833f53e2d821021481e6960df1039.png

image.thumb.png.708690e45bae2a55ec95ea654c321046.png

I took mine apart just to see how it worked after replacing it with an Alpine.

image.thumb.png.3f59485e432674311f6b6acd2567e2ac.png

You load the 6 CDs into the head unit one at a time slowly until it's full.

image.png.6b1be8d40778613dd4ebd113486b0c51.png

Hope that clears it up.

Neil,

That is brilliant, thank you very much. Yes I have been doing some digging and it looks like they started fitting the P3933 model in 2004 in the last of the 2001-2005 models and to MOST of the facelift models. Rich posted a pic of the unit from his facelift and that was a P3933, I think most were. I can't see the model number on yours but the 2 plug (6 pin + 20 pin) arrangement leads me to believe it must also be.

I appreciate it may be worth a more modern unit (what did you install, out of interest?) but I do like a stock look inside and the only things I really want is Bluetooth streaming and maybe a reversing camera, both of which I can do and keep the stock look. On further investigation I do believe that this may work as it has a splitter cable for the 20 pin plug and I know that the Yatour units are the only ones that work properly on the RX as I installed one on mine. 

Once this is cracked, it's operation reversing camera!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it

David

• Like 1

Hi David you're very welcome. The splitter cable sounds like a good solution.

My car is on its second Alpine so now has an INE-W987D HU and many other silly enhancements to improve the audio experience over stock. It's a long (not so) well documented story but if you like the stock look, I would give it a miss. My car is not for the SC430 purist 🤣🙃 but a Soarer fan might understand the intent. 

There's some good threads on cameras worth searching. WiL 44 has the best solution I've seen so far. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links