Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hardwiring Celllink Neo (External Battery For Dash Cam)

I'm planning on installing the front and rear Thinkware U100 on my 2013 Lexus IS300h, but it's a hybrid so I'm not sure if it complicates things. However, that's not my question.

I've got the Celllink Neo and I need help figuring out which fuse is ACC, that's the one that is only one when ignition is on right? Because if I chose the wrong fuse (the one that is always on) then it will constantly drain the cars Battery? I only want the Celllink Neo to be charged when the car's ignition is on.

I've attached an image of my fuse box label, found under the drivers side. But, it doesn't say anything about ACC on it so which one do I use? Also, I need at least 10A or 15A when doing Celllink Neo? Any help is REALLY appreciated. I'm new to all of this.

IMAGE LINK: https://imgur.com/a/Du7hIup

P/Outlet No.1 is a 15A and will only be energised when the ignition is on - it's for the cig lighter/power outlet.

Why not buy yourself a cheap little multimeter to check and make sure though? They're great little gadgets and come in handy for lots of things and once you've got it, it's there for future use too. Really inexpensive ones can be bought for under a tenner and then range upwards into hundreds of pounds.

42 minutes ago, Herbie said:

P/Outlet No.1 is a 15A and will only be energised when the ignition is on - it's for the cig lighter/power outlet.

Why not buy yourself a cheap little multimeter to check and make sure though? They're great little gadgets and come in handy for lots of things and once you've got it, it's there for future use too. Really inexpensive ones can be bought for under a tenner and then range upwards into hundreds of pounds.

FLUKE hehehe

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because it says "P/Outlet No.1" - it really is that simple.

I guess you didn't get yourself a multimeter eh? If you don't want to buy one, use a 12V bulb in a lampholder with two wires. Put one wire to a nearby earth (screw/nut/bare metal) and use the other wire to touch the little open test points on top of the fuse, both with and without the ignition on.

If you're not convinced about P/Outlet No.1 you could use the S/HTR F/L which is the Seat Heater Front Left (or F/R, Front Right). I wouldn't think they would have power on with ignition off.

• 1 month later...

Did you try the advice from Herbie above:

If you're not convinced about P/Outlet No.1 you could use the S/HTR F/L which is the Seat Heater Front Left (or F/R, Front Right). I wouldn't think they would have power on with ignition off.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:03 AM, route66 said:

Did you try the advice from Herbie above:

If you're not convinced about P/Outlet No.1 you could use the S/HTR F/L which is the Seat Heater Front Left (or F/R, Front Right). I wouldn't think they would have power on with ignition off.

I tried it and it worked. This time when I turned the car off after 5 seconds the charging stopped as well. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi DC. I've just come across your thread. I've looked up the cellllink neo only to find its a Battery for a dashcam. One question. What dashcam are you using? Why does it need a Battery? I'm a bit flummoxed because I fitted the Nextbase 322gw which is forwarded facing and has a rear facing camera attached to it. Both give superb quality video. I also got the hardwire kit. I looked in my handbook to see which fuse I could use either for constant power or for power to be turned on and off via ignition. I can't understand also why such a high fuse rating of 15 amp is required when my nextbase is only 2 amp. Please enlighten me.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi DC. I've just come across your thread. I've looked up the cellllink neo only to find its a battery for a dashcam. One question. What dashcam are you using? Why does it need a battery? I'm a bit flummoxed because I fitted the Nextbase 322gw which is forwarded facing and has a rear facing camera attached to it. Both give superb quality video. I also got the hardwire kit. I looked in my handbook to see which fuse I could use either for constant power or for power to be turned on and off via ignition. I can't understand also why such a high fuse rating of 15 amp is required when my nextbase is only 2 amp. Please enlighten me.

A dedicated dash cam Battery will allow you to power the cam when the car is off (parking recording) without draining the auxiliary Battery.

I have my dash cam connected to the auxiliary Battery, with no such dedicated dash cam Battery. Thankfully I have a setting in the camera that detects when the Battery drops to a certain voltage, and then shuts the parking recording off, to preserve the auxiliary Battery. If it did not do this, I'd not be able to start the car.

These hybrid auxiliary batteries are particularly small in capacity and so one of the two above options is very important.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi DC. I've just come across your thread. I've looked up the cellllink neo only to find its a battery for a dashcam. One question. What dashcam are you using? Why does it need a battery? I'm a bit flummoxed because I fitted the Nextbase 322gw which is forwarded facing and has a rear facing camera attached to it. Both give superb quality video. I also got the hardwire kit. I looked in my handbook to see which fuse I could use either for constant power or for power to be turned on and off via ignition. I can't understand also why such a high fuse rating of 15 amp is required when my nextbase is only 2 amp. Please enlighten me.

what "matt8" had said sums it up. I wanted my car to record while it was off because issues happen even when your car is off. I too had to hardwire my car, but first to the Battery and then the camera would extend to the Battery. This ensures I'm not taking away from my main Battery in my vehicle.

To answer your question of what I'm camera I'm using, its a Thinkware U1000