Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anybody know what this is ?

royoftherovers

We suspect it could be 80 years old. We have perhaps 12 of them, found in an old shed.
They are perhaps 15 inches high, cylindrical with a flat top and handle and an undulating bottom, which suggests that they might be inverted and lain on the ground. The hoops are covered in what appears to be a type of (long lasting) string.

SDC11018.JPG

Does anybody know what this is ?

SDC11018.JPG

I really hesitate to ask but there is a very obvious question here.

Did they not come with a manual?

If not, I expect PCM is right - I'd guess it's a plant cloche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

SDC11018.JPG

I really hesitate to ask but there is a very obvious question here.

Did they not come with a manual?

If not, I expect PCM is right - I'd guess it's a plant cloche.

Thanks Partner.....I really did expect a substantial contribution from such an esteemed contributor to this Forum, William.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Just a bit of fun John! No offence!

It is quite a lot of fun actually David. I did not expect it but I can see that it is deserved in a tangential sort of way.

At least it tells me that my message is being received ! 

Back to the point.....we really need to find out what it is or might be.

Piers is the only one in the running at the moment for the prize of a Betamax videotape of old Hitchcock out-takes with Bob Newhart !

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It is quite a lot of fun actually David. I did not expect it but I can see that it is deserved in a tangential sort of way.

At least it tells me that my message is being received ! 

Back to the point.....we really need to find out what it is or might be.

Piers is the only one in the running at the moment for the prize of a Betamax videotape of old Hitchcock out-takes with Bob Newhart !

I don't think this will surprise you John ................ I went down the Betamax route! With the Sony C7! It WAS the superior format! Sadly it did not catch on here!

• Like 1

Many of us did David, but we were outdone by the VHS Brigade.

I have kept a VHS Player and a Scart cable so that from time to time I can watch some of my cassette tapes. I am particularly fond of being thoroughly amused by Victor Borge and his Phonetic Punctuation always has me in stiches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superduner said:

Actually the Philips V2000 was the best quality, but it got nowhere against the Japanese players

Depends on your definition of best quality. Early V2000 systems had less video bandwidth compared to Beta. They had some good features but considering it launched years after the competition it should have had improvements.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links