Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The showing of phone contacts when call in progress

OK the car is a 2007 but it does have Bluetooth connectivity and phone connectivity. My phone pairs every time but I've noticed that when a call comes in from someone in my contacts their name doesn't show. Is this normal. I can't understand it if the cars system asked me to transfer contacts but then decides not to show them on phone calls. Advice please.

I have a similar problem on our 2011 IS250, 2012 RX450h and 2017 GSF. Not sure if yours is the same problem but it’s worth mentioning.   It never used to be an issue but I can only assume that  something has happened / changed somewhere in the past 2-3 years with the phones operating systems as they are updated. For clarity, we are Iphone users and this has happened on an Iphone 6s, X and 11 Pro. 

Basically I have noticed that the car seems to put a +44  in front of all UK numbers. So if you have not saved your numbers in your phones phone book ( which is then transferred to the car) with a +44 in front, then the car does not recognise the corresponding contact. Very frustrating. I posted about this last year and no one replied. 

With you saying that m8 you reminded me about a similar issue in my 64 plate is300h. The screen would show names but only after I changed all the phone numbers to start with +44. This came to light only after a visit to Lexus Stockport and one of their technicians sitting in my car with me sending me a text. Looks like I'm going to be busy changing all my contacts again lol But with my current car being much older than the is300h I had I'm not going to count my chickens yet lol. Cheers for your input.

Thats what I've done Paul. What I did notice though was when I looked in the phone menu  looked at the call history. Funnily I saw one name showing my gafer who's number in my phone started with +44. I have the Samsung S10 lite and it put my wife's number in a favourite location and that didn't get transferred to my car. Its in now. Ho hum technology eh? lol

I got bitten by this years ago on a trip to Finland. My luggage had remained in Helsinki and I was in Tampere, and felt I had to let my wife know. I used her stored number and got some strange Finnish woman waffling on in words which I didn't understand. Then it clicked - I didn't have +44 in front of her number. I then spent the rest of the time waiting for my luggage to arrive at the hotel updating all my contact numbers with +44 and taking off the leading 0. Found a similar issue in the IS300h - changed the number to +44 and it was then recognised without any issues.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links