Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Move from IS200 to IS300?

Shizukesa

9 hours ago, Shizukesa said:

I managed to pick up a dark green (6R4), 2002 IS300 with 99k miles.

• 18 services over 18 years.
  • No rust at all.
  • Black interior.
  • Incredible condition.
  • £4k 🙂

IS200 should be sold over the weekend for a good price!

I'll add more info later with pictures and plans! 🙂

All I'll say for now is... it's a TOTALLY different animal! 2JZ for life! 😁

Great news, get a project thread going and unlock that 2jz full potential

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shizukesa said:

Not sure actually. There's no body kit. And the Lexus book just has "IS300 a" written in the model section.

How can I find out?

It's an IS300 🙂

There weren't any other grades, other than a limited edition LE for a short time.

The only optional was Navigation. For a while they allowed the Aero bodykit option (styling kit) until I pointed out that it was illegal because it deleted the headlamp washers which are required by law with HID headlights - it was therefore withdrawn for some time, but I think they eventually reworked it to fit back the washers.

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's an IS300 🙂

There weren't any other grades, other than a limited edition LE for a short time.

The only optional was Navigation. For a while they allowed the Aero bodykit option (styling kit) until I pointed out that it was illegal because it deleted the headlamp washers which are required by law with HID headlights - it was therefore withdrawn for some time, but I think they eventually reworked it to fit back the washers.

I didn't think there were any model variations, but lexus22 had me questioning myself haha!

Having an issue at the moment with getting the spare keys from the dealer. I've asked him like 5 times and he keeps saying "yeah yeah I'll send 'em first thing tomorrow." It's been two weeks.

So is there a way to change the locks or reprogram keys or something? I have the master key at the moment.

Do I go to Lexus? Go to a garage? I called Lexus and they said they can't get the locks... same with the auto locksmith I called.

Help please 😁

2 hours ago, Shizukesa said:

Having an issue at the moment with getting the spare keys from the dealer. I've asked him like 5 times and he keeps saying "yeah yeah I'll send 'em first thing tomorrow." It's been two weeks.

A main dealer? Call another one. There's no problem getting spare keys. Try Lexus Parts Direct if you don't know another dealer. 

49 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

A main dealer? Call another one. There's no problem getting spare keys. Try Lexus Parts Direct if you don't know another dealer. 

Not a main dealer. Independent dealer 😟

Edit: By this I mean, the guy who owns the place I bought the car. He has 2 spare keys and keeps saying he'll post them. Not happening.

Edited by Shizukesa
Clarity

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links