Shizukesa

Move from IS200 to IS300?

That is stunning Chris. How many miles on the clock ?

Bought it at 50k, now at 182k, used for everyday business, engine appears to be absolutely bomb proof, still as smooth and fast as day l bought it. 

45 minutes ago, lexus22 said:

Bought it at 50k, now at 182k, used for everyday business, engine appears to be absolutely bomb proof, still as smooth and fast as day l bought it. 

It says a lot of good things about its owner during that time Chris.

1 hour ago, lexus22 said:

That's impressive. Really miss the quality and refinement of the first-gen IS. 

Back when perfection really was pursued relentlessly  😉:whistling1:

I change engine oil every 10k, never put it into sport mode as fast enough without it, use the manual shift buttons on motorway driving, such a lovely car to drive. Had slightly lower springs fitted last year which has improved the handling a lot, but standard otherwise. Amazes me how the paintwork is still as new!

STOP IT! I just decided to *keep my 200 and now you're forcing me back into temptation mode 😄

• Haha 1

To be honest, reckon it would be hard to find a decent is300 now, at least 16 years old! But if you find one, don't hesitate. I've owned a 1986 Lotus for 28 years, will never find another in same condition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lexus22 said:

To be honest, reckon it would be hard to find a decent is300 now, at least 16 years old! But if you find one, don't hesitate. I've owned a 1986 Lotus for 28 years, will never find another in same condition.

I would agree, but the automatic gearbox is holding me back. A manual to me is just an absolute must to enjoy the car fully. I think I'll head down the supercharged route with a 145mm pulley.

Drive a 300  before you start dropping money into an endless pit.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:14 PM, lexus22 said:

Drive a 300  before you start dropping money into an endless pit.

I've been looking but there's only one for sale on AT atm with 128k. I'd rather a lower mileage car if possible.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009083481685?model=IS 300&radius=1500&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=bs482qx&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Very nice car, even has the satnav, shame not the 18inch alloys and areo body kit though. I think it's overpriced with 128k, maybe if was 70k would be more like it. Does say it has a full service history, if by a main dealer then that's worth paying a bit more. Go and take a look at it, have a drive, it's nothing like driving an is200.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:14 PM, Shizukesa said:

STOP IT! I just decided to *keep my 200 and now you're forcing me back into temptation mode 😄

Well, you guys and a couple of others have done it... all convinced me. I'm currently saving for an IS300. Going to start the search in the new year.

• Like 1

A wise decision ☺️

When you put the autobox into manual mode and use the tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel, ....😁

The sales rep behind you in his new BMW is left fumbling with his controls as you hypospace into the distance..happy days!!

On 10/17/2020 at 8:55 PM, lexus22 said:

When you put the autobox into manual mode and use the tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel, ....😁

Crest motorsport have a manual swap kit for the IS300 (J160 gearbox and bell housing adaptor) so I'll be doing that eventually 🙂

Gotta find myself a decent IS300 first.

Hopefully someone here will upgrade to a newer Lexus and part ways with their well-looked after example 😄