Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Rose Between TWO Thorns?

Also owned both, and the Mk3 had its style.  

However I do like the rear end of a 460 over the 430 or 400 - though a 400 with a 460 rear would look a little odd.

Now if the LS400 was between (say) the new Lotus EV hypercar I think it would still be the rose between the £££££

As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ---- get it out with Optrex"

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Look at the backside on that lads! 

That is really sexy!

Look at those child-bearing hips from the rear!

IMG_1555.JPG

That reminds me of this picture I posted nearly 10 years ago commenting on the fine rear end of my MK2

post-32919-0-00573100-1309544918.jpg

2 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Also owned both, and the Mk3 had its style.  

However I do like the rear end of a 460 over the 430 or 400 - though a 400 with a 460 rear would look a little odd.

Now if the LS400 was between (say) the new Lotus EV hypercar I think it would still be the rose between the £££££

As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ---- get it out with Optrex"

I`ve just bought a Naomi Campbell GTIXLR !

17 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I think the Mk IV has more "booty"

Mk2 looks prim and proper and for sure Mk4 has more booty.

Maybe there should be a web site called Beauty for Booty - for cars not real derriers!!

Fact is, styling went wrong after the Mk2.  Even today Mercs etc, have restored the side crease.  The Mk3 I personally felt was the worst offender of style. That front Wing just looks slab like. The Mk 4 rectified this somewhat.  Sincere apologies to all I offend.  Missing my Lexus as this Corolla is OK but just doesn't do it for me. (Steering Wheel up/down but doesn't telescope which is tiring for the Arms and on electric Power Steering - something I didn't even know existed - Doh!)  Don't know why I didn't think of another Lexus? Probably because there were non around in North Essex and was restricted by Covid in travelling.     Looking increasingly like my Mk2 will be in France for a long time, with the extra problems an off road car gets when exposed to the elements. Jst replaced three Calipers on tis Corolla.  Jap Cars and Calipers are a common problem.  No Doors as such on my Garage.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Fact is, styling went wrong after the Mk2.  Even today Mercs etc, have restored the side crease.  The Mk3 I personally felt was the worst offender of style. That front Wing just looks slab like. The Mk 4 rectified this somewhat.  Sincere apologies to all I offend.  Missing my Lexus as this Corolla is OK but just doesn't do it for me. (Steering Wheel up/down but doesn't telescope which is tiring for the Arms and on electric Power Steering - something I didn't even know existed - Doh!)  Don't know why I didn't think of another Lexus? Probably because there were non around in North Essex and was restricted by Covid in travelling.     Looking increasingly like my Mk2 will be in France for a long time, with the extra problems an off road car gets when exposed to the elements. Jst replaced three Calipers on tis Corolla.  Jap Cars and Calipers are a common problem.  No Doors as such on my Garage.

Hmm, I quite like the MK3, although by the time I got to own the MK4 I thought everything had been perfected.

• Like 1