Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Bypass Spring

Chris.S

check ur pm - and yes it is the new type of spring - be aware that you should remove the old type spring when fitting the upgraded spring. ie you should not have 2 springs on the bypass assy

hehe just seen your Pm, thank Rob, i though this must be the new spring, cause i remember a while ago there some post with pics of the spring and it not the same one in your pic.........thank again matey... :) :) :) :)

be aware that you should remove the old type spring when fitting the upgraded spring. ie you should not have 2 springs on the bypass assy

why is that mate. i had the 2 on mine, untill the old one snapped recently

Cheers mate, confused now as yours isnt in either gap

well i found if i had the spring leg in one of the slots it would be loose, with it in the middle it took up the "slack" in the spring - it has never moved from there in X months since i fitted the SC

well i found if i had the spring leg in one of the slots it would be loose, with it in the middle it took up the "slack" in the spring - it has never moved from there in X months since i fitted the SC

so MIDDLE we are then....cool :) :) :) :) Rob save the day again...hehehe

so MIDDLE we are then....cool :) :) :) :) Rob save the day again...hehehe

happy to help anytime i can.... just kept most of the fitting guides etc for the SC and a few mails to TTE about stuff.

• 2 months later...
check ur pm - and yes it is the new type of spring - be aware that you should remove the old type spring when fitting the upgraded spring. ie you should not have 2 springs on the bypass assy

Rob,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what symptoms would you get if the servo is overloaded?

Mine feels a bit hesitant at the moment but Paul Norkep mentioned the cable could do with adjusting as there is a lot of slack.....

Will check the other thread out to about adjusting that,....

Will look at removing the older type spring on Friday.

TIA

hi mate,

ok there was a long post a while back that got lost in the board crash but as per the email from TTE, gerlad stated that the adjuster on the bypass cable end should be set that the 2 nuts are set as per the pics above, it is the best setting for the setup and if not in the correct position could cause the throttle servo clutch to detect additional force and the sevo clutch to disconnect causing a check engine light and a loss of power for a few mins while the system does a check.

if you are feeling a stutter type effect then a lot of people have had this at low revs with the pedal all the way down.

i have not had this but then my kit is standard and have had no probs.

if you want anyhing else then drop me a pm and ill help u as much as i can

ps - a slack cable is normal and nothing to worry about.

and remember the spring upgrade is a FREE upgrade from TTE - just contact them and they will post one out to you.

Got my free spring monday from TTE

Did you pay postage Gordon? I had to pay postage for it to the UK?

Thanks for the comments Rob, will have a play tomorrow.

Anyone know what size screws will fit in the TTE airbox as mine have nearly all gone - everytime I open the boot a couple more have disappeared :o

Anyone know what size screws will fit in the TTE airbox as mine have nearly all gone - everytime I open the boot a couple more have disappeared :o

Didn't realise you fitted your supercharger in the boot pal........? :blink: