Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ceramic coating

Gcambo

I had mine Ceramic coated from new, three years on it still looks like new, however  you must look after it once applied, who ever you get to do it will give you all the information you need.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-blog/new-car-protection/lexus-lc-500-v8/

1 hour ago, wendle said:

I had mine Ceramic coated from new, three years on it still looks like new, however  you must look after it once applied, who ever you get to do it will give you all the information you need.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-blog/new-car-protection/lexus-lc-500-v8/

How much does all that cost?

34 minutes ago, JeffL said:

How much does all that cost?

£800 ish, because the car was new it only needed a stage one preparation,  depending on the condition of your paint, and what coating you want put on would determin overall  cost 

• Thanks 1

I had a full paint correction and ceramic coat done by a local chap on my GSF about 15 months ago. The supplying dealer had “ceramic coated” it (part of the deal - I didn’t pay), but without the initial prep-work, results were poor.

I wouldn’t say the muck slides off with a quick wave of the hosepipe, but the dirt certainly doesn’t stick like it used to... and the water beads beautifully with almost no effort. I’d recommend it, but there are plenty of places cheaper than £800...

19879ECF-13D9-4A15-8ED2-9CE7668197B0.jpeg

9CA30609-A84F-44B0-BDC2-744C057FFBF4.jpeg

You could consider paint protection film and Ceramic coat on top. The film self repairs scratches and a good investment on what is an expensive car. I had my RC done with front protection, bumper, wings, bonnet, doors and sills. Costs a bit, 2 to 3k, but worth it I feel.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that my decision made, had my LC three weeks and already a bonnet stone chip, taking it in for front end, sills and kick plate PPF coating next week.

Also having wheels ceramic coated.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, wendle said:

£800 ish, because the car was new it only needed a stage one preparation,  depending on the condition of your paint, and what coating you want put on would determin overall  cost 

That is a lot of money.