Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from a soon to be UX owner

Hello,

I have my first Lexus on order with an expected delivery date of the beginning of November. I been trawling through the many Utube postings with reviews but would appreciate any real owners thoughts having lived with this vehicle for a while. I have ordered the UX 250H with the premium plus pack and sunroof. The latter I assume caused the three month delivery wait. 

Thanks for letting me join this forum and sharing your thoughts with being a Lexus owner.

Navman2

Hello John, to answer your questions.........

Why Lexus? I guess I felt it was a step towards helping the environment and got sucked in by that current TV ad. I gathered Lexus was the king of Hybrids currently out there so thought it was a sensible dip into this new world for me.

Why UX? Well I didn't want to increase my monthly payments dramatically and this was the closest to what I had been previously paying. My last two vehicles were on 5 yr interest free credit. I didn't stay the full term on either of these moving them on after approx 2 and half years. The last I was unable to cover the balance owed so it will be interesting what Lexus does if I don't go the full 4 year PCP term I have chosen. Didn't need such a large vehicle to my previous either.

My last vehicles were Vauxhall Insignias so quite different.

Pictures when I get my vehicle.

Cheers Barry

Many thanks Barry.

You should be well satisfied with your purchase. I am sure that other UX owners will come along when they have read your opener and give you information and advice. There is some good advice about driving a Hybrid on the Lexus website and on Youtube too.

If you need more information, just ask.

Hybrids do not have starter motors or alternators, so there is less to go wrong.

Vauxhalls are competent vehicles, but Lexus is in a different universe !

There will be much to amaze you and educate you too.

Looking forward to the piccies in due course.

I have had mine since March 19. It was the first one out of Lexus Bristol. It’s a great car. We bought it for the ease of getting in and out because we did not want a big car. Still only done 5,800 miles at round the 52 mpg mark. No motorways, just short journeys. My biggest complaint is the sat nav screen, it’s not big enough and the black wording with a white border is not clear despite trying numerous contrast and brightness settings. Saying this a 71 year old with variofocal glasses. In general the screen and its operation ease is a big step back from the numerous IS’s I had before.

• Like 2

Thanks for your warning on the screen clarity Richard. I'm a varifocal wearer myself. I discussed going with the 10 inch screen with the salesman at the time of ordering given my eyesight situation and he said it wasn't worth the additional expense. Apparently the screen wasn't interchangeable, you had to select a whole new package. Told me the 7 inch would be better than the Vauxhall 7 inch one which I had previously with Android Auto. Now wondering.....

What are you experiences with the three driving modes? Does the vehicle's performance and economy change much dependant on whether you select Economy, Normal or Sport?  

Regards,

Barry

• Like 1

In my experience the difference between economy and normal does not make much difference to the fuel consumption. I have tried the sport mode from time to time but I find it too fierce. I used to drive in economy for most of the time as it’s a more relaxed drive. My wife prefers the normal mode. I just leave it in normal now.
With the sat nav the wording just needs to be in a bolder black. It’s the white border that is unnecessary.
My comments about the mpg are based on the 5,800 miles the car has done. I have never reset it.

• Like 2

I’ve had my UX for almost 3 weeks and love it (not new but 18mths old). I find the 7” is fine providing you set it to full screen mode and with the voice instructions (take 3rd exit at next roundabout etc) I’m finding I don’t need to frequently look at the screen. You also get a reduced illustration view of the upcoming junction on the front instrument panel fascia so I just glance at that. My previous sat navs were either on my Iphone or Tom Tom devices which were a lot smaller than 7inches and never considered viewing them a problem.

• Like 2

I've been in a courtesy car with the 7" and having had the 10" in my car it does seem small and cramped. The larger screen allows you to split-screen multiple pieces of information, and the bezel looks awfully large with a smaller screen filling it. If you've already committed and couldn't find a content pack that gave you the bigger screen I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker though.

I love the engine modes - Sport is great for sharp response when flinging the car through twisty roads, and combined with the manual gear mode and F-Sport paddles make for a fun car. Eco really damps the throttle response to the point where you can get caught out pulling into roundabouts or junctions - you end up having to put your foot down hard to get the engine to begrudgingly give you some power. Normal mode is what I end up using for normal driving, and what Lexus recommend.

Fuel economy across the 5,000 miles I've own it has been a shade over 50mpg across very mixed driving - and that's measured at the pump. The trip computer is pretty accurate though!

What colour/spec did you choose?

Nick

Hi Barry.

Excellent choice!  I recently chopped in my 64 reg IS300H for a 19 reg UK250H - same pack as you but without the sunroof. I loved my IS and I'm equally in love with the UX already.  Lovely drive, great fuel economy etc etc. 

The only thing I don't particularly like is the SatNav, but the CarPlay/AndroidAuto retrofit for 2019 models seems to be only a few weeks away now, and yours will have it as standard in any case, so we'll have some options soon... 

Hope you're enjoy your lovely UX soon! 

Thanks for your feedback Nick, Eddy and Ian, good to hear you are pretty happy about your ownership.In answer to the spec I have ordered its the basic UX ie. not he F sport or the Takumi. I've added the premium plus pack as having a sun roof is important for me. It seems Lexus restricts certain options with certain packages.The colour will be satin silver with the light grey leather (White ash?). I'm ordering a rubber boot liner from an independent supplier just to protect the boot space, I think that is about £25 plus postage.I guess floor mats are already included in the price, but I forgot to ask that?

Cheers,

Barry 

1 hour ago, Ed the Ted said:

Barry can you disclose the supplier re rubber boot liner, I would also like to purchase one at that price.

These liners are excellent - I've one from them for my GS, better IMO than the Lexus ones because of the non slip area/surface.

There is another company of very similar name which I feel aren't as good.

https://www.bootsliners.co.uk/LEXUS-BOOT-LINERS/

Floor mats are standard, though rubber replacements are an option on (I believe) their adventure pack.

I normally like sunroofs, but I have to say the one in the UX did nothing for me. Lexus mounted it so far back that it’s almost beyond your head, adding very little light to the cabin. But your mileage may vary.

Nick

16 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

These liners are excellent - I've one from them for my GS, better IMO than the Lexus ones because of the non slip area/surface.

There is another company of very similar name which I feel aren't as good.

https://www.bootsliners.co.uk/LEXUS-BOOT-LINERS/

Ed I went to order my Boot liner and the company I had dealt with in the past seems to have gone bust. I looked at Colin's suggested site and it looks suspiciously like Leisureshack which I had used before perhaps started up under a new name. Anyway, thank you Colin, I will use your suggestion myself. 

4 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

I looked at Colin's suggested site and it looks suspiciously like Leisureshack which I had used before perhaps started up under a new name. Anyway, thank you Colin, I will use your suggestion myself. 

I ordered from them in Feb 2018 so they aren't a recent start up.

Thought I would chase my dealer on the latest expectation for my delivery as I had not heard from him since August. I had 4th November on my order. Now 4th December! Not impressed. My order was placed in July i.e. after the main lock downs so Lexus should be better at estimating delivery times than that! Just hope it doesn't move again and they call me next time rather than me chasing them. 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Which Dealership is that Harry ?

Its Lexus Hedge End in Hampshire. I must admit communication has been pretty poor up until now, I have had to chase and insist on paperwork for my transaction with them when I traded my previous vehicle in and made my order. Rather strange considering the significance of the transaction.

43 minutes ago, Ed the Ted said:

Barry when I was searching for a UX on the Lexus used car web site there were several nearly new cars that had sunroofs. Have you not considered this as an alternative option?

Well I hadn't considered this Ed, I wanted to go PCP and didn't consider this with a nearly new vehicle.