Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from a soon to be UX owner

1 hour ago, Navnan2 said:

Its Lexus Hedge End in Hampshire. I must admit communication has been pretty poor up until now, I have had to chase and insist on paperwork for my transaction with them when I traded my previous vehicle in and made my order. Rather strange considering the significance of the transaction.

Thanks Barry.

Others will correct me if I`m mistaken, but we`ve not had a bad word about Hedge End in ages.

Pop an email to the Dealer Principal and let him know that Customer Service is below the bar. Lets us know how you get on please.

1 hour ago, Navnan2 said:

Its Lexus Hedge End in Hampshire. I must admit communication has been pretty poor up until now, I have had to chase and insist on paperwork for my transaction with them when I traded my previous vehicle in and made my order. Rather strange considering the significance of the transaction.

Previous car finally died a couple of weeks ago forcing a rapid purchase of a UX. Wanted specific colour and trim Takumi. Only one new takumi of wrong colour was seemingly available nationwide.

Rang round many dealers and found exact spec model in a showroom, recorded centrally as sold, but not actually sold. Bought it over the phone and delivered on transporter a week later. Presumably there are some cars available without waiting for an order to be fulfilled.

It is a great car and very pleased.

• Like 3

I walked in to my Lexus dealer with the intention to choose a brand new vehicle, when I baulked at the cost of my chosen specification the salesman pointed out that the almost identically-specced demonstrator was available to buy. I've never purchased a vehicle on PCP before as I tend to buy to keep, but Lexus were offering very competitive interest rates on their used vehicles at the time.

Usually, PCP interest rates on used vehicles are very high, making this an unpalatable option, and thereby encouraging customers to buy new instead.

Nick

On 10/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, Ed the Ted said:

Barry I bought mine on PCP and it's 18 mths old

Interesting Ed, I asked for some sort of compensation e.g. reduced first service costs given the inconvenience. Waiting to see the reaction. If it slips again I might start searching what demonstrators there are available.

Interesting, after being told by the dealer my car was scheduled for my pick up early December I had an update from "My Lexus" on the 10th October saying the build has started. I wonder does it take 2 months to complete the process and get here in the UK? I guess transportation is a big factor. Is there anyone on here that has had experience of the time it takes from build start to availability in the dealership?  

13 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

Interesting, after being told by the dealer my car was scheduled for my pick up early December I had an update from "My Lexus" on the 10th October saying the build has started. I wonder does it take 2 months to complete the process and get here in the UK? I guess transportation is a big factor. Is there anyone on here that has had experience of the time it takes from build start to availability in the dealership?  

If the build has started it’ll be out of the factory in the next few days and then onto a boat.  It’s 4 straight weeks on the boat from Japan to Bristol and then a few more days to arrive at your dealer.  If you tweet Lexus they’ll be able to tell you the boat it’s on and then you can track it home.  Helps to pass the time plus it’s interesting to see its course and the messages “armed guards on board” when the ship approaches the Somalian coastline.  Use the MarineTraffic app to track the boat.  Other ship apps are rubbish.

11 hours ago, Habu said:

If the build has started it’ll be out of the factory in the next few days and then onto a boat.  It’s 4 straight weeks on the boat from Japan to Bristol and then a few more days to arrive at your dealer.  If you tweet Lexus they’ll be able to tell you the boat it’s on and then you can track it home.  Helps to pass the time plus it’s interesting to see its course and the messages “armed guards on board” when the ship approaches the Somalian coastline.  Use the MarineTraffic app to track the boat.  Other ship apps are rubbish.

Thanks Peter I will look into this!

It’s always interesting to see the ship that your car is on and where is stops off enroute.  Lexus U.K. may need to contact your local Lexus Centre to obtain some order details you may not be in possession of.

Last year my ES arrived on the Horizon Leader and stopped off Suez, then Sagunt, Spain before arriving at Bristol.   12 months earlier my NX arrived on the Undine and it stopped off at Suez (they always do as part of the canal is one-way), Sagunt and then Bristol.   Previous cars have called into Turkey and Koper (Slovenia).

Some previous car journeys.  As previously stated use MarineTraffic as other ship tracking apps are useless particularly away from the UK.  There are one or two dark areas where there is no signal particularly the leg from Sri Lanka to Africa but plenty where it's completely visible.  

1D173402-937A-45A6-A60E-5FE5E8C98D73_1_105_c.jpeg

36D160DC-E146-4E34-B9C4-E9C2DEA755E1_1_105_c.jpeg

9603700A-4B0A-4F3E-9706-7E460F881714_1_105_c.jpeg

CB6A0B7E-DA01-4D05-B7D3-38AB14563CAA_1_105_c.jpeg

D2AD106C-11B6-4363-B8B6-7CC6575D92BF_1_105_c.jpeg

FCCAF7F5-9EF5-4D14-B5FA-0E98E103C7E7_1_105_c.jpeg

0173A8BE-A767-4C9A-8694-0CA18463B101_1_105_c.jpeg

E4CE1AF4-5906-4D81-9E4E-E85C0E15FE2F_1_105_c.jpeg

19 hours ago, Habu said:

It’s always interesting to see the ship that your car is on and where is stops off enroute.  Lexus U.K. may need to contact your local Lexus Centre to obtain some order details you may not be in possession of.

Last year my ES arrived on the Horizon Leader and stopped off Suez, then Sagunt, Spain before arriving at Bristol.   12 months earlier my NX arrived on the Undine and it stopped off at Suez (they always do as part of the canal is one-way), Sagunt and then Bristol.   Previous cars have called into Turkey and Koper (Slovenia).

Hi Peter, I am going to have a go at doing what you did. I am not a twitter user but I assume there are others ways to contact the factory e.g. email? If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.  I have an order number which I assume ties me to the build over there as they have already sent me a status. This status was from a no reply email id. Cheers, Barry

47 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Hi Peter, I am going to have a go at doing what you did. I am not a twitter user but I assume there are others ways to contact the factory e.g. email? If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.  I have an order number which I assume ties me to the build over there as they have already sent me a status. This status was from a no reply email id. Cheers, Barry

When I’ve contacted Twitter in the past I’m tweeting Lexus U.K. and not the factory.  Do you use any other form of social media such as Facebook to contact Lexus or worst case see if your Lexus centre can enquire on your behalf?

3 hours ago, Habu said:

When I’ve contacted Twitter in the past I’m tweeting Lexus U.K. and not the factory.  Do you use any other form of social media such as Facebook to contact Lexus or worst case see if your Lexus centre can enquire on your behalf?

Hello Peter, I found what seems to be the Lexus Facebook page and just added a request for shipping details on one of the posts. Hopefully I will get a response. Thanks again for your help. Barry

7 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Hi Peter, posted on the Japan Facebook page and no response. I guess I better just leave it I will find out eventually when it arrives. Thanks in any case.

You need to be messaging Lexus U.K. and not the factory in Japan.  Lexus Japan will not reply to you and, if they did, they’ll just refer you back to the U.K.  Your Lexus Centre should be able to assist you and tell them you’re not on social media so you cannot tweet Lexus U.K. to get details of the ship your car is on. 

Keep on with this as it’s not difficult for Lexus U.K. to get the ship’s name - assuming your car is built and is getting ready to depart.

Lexus Twiter Team are superb.

If you have the Order Number they can provide you the date the car is built & the Ship timetable that is scheduled.

What impressed me I was told in December 2018 that my car would be built on January 28th 2019 which it was & 2 weeks later it was being Loaded onto the Canadian Highway for shipment to Europe.

Tel

8 minutes ago, Tel said:

Lexus Twiter Team are superb.

If you have the Order Number they can provide you the date the car is built & the Ship timetable that is scheduled.

What impressed me I was told in December 2018 that my car would be built on January 28th 2019 which it was & 2 weeks later it was being Loaded onto the Canadian Highway for shipment to Europe.

Tel

Hello Terry, I am not a Twitter user but I did find a page on the Lexus UK website where you can send online messages so I have sent a request there. Fingers crossed its monitored by the same team that handles Twitter enquiries. Thanks for your post.

Barry

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 10:10 AM, Habu said:

You need to be messaging Lexus U.K. and not the factory in Japan.  Lexus Japan will not reply to you and, if they did, they’ll just refer you back to the U.K.  Your Lexus Centre should be able to assist you and tell them you’re not on social media so you cannot tweet Lexus U.K. to get details of the ship your car is on. 

Keep on with this as it’s not difficult for Lexus U.K. to get the ship’s name - assuming your car is built and is getting ready to depart.

Hi Peter, I found the UK Lexus customer support very helpful. I am watching my ship on Marine Traffic at this very moment just to the west of Sri Lanka. No idea what impact the new Lock down will have when it docks at Bristol and its transfer down to Hedge End Hampshire where I am due to pick it up!

Thanks again.

Barry

21 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Hi Peter, I found the UK Lexus customer support very helpful. I am watching my ship on Marine Traffic at this very moment just to the west of Sri Lanka. No idea what impact the new Lock down will have when it docks at Bristol and its transfer down to Hedge End Hampshire where I am due to pick it up!

Thanks again.

Barry

Good to see and MarineTraffic is the shipping app.  You’ll lose the boat shortly as it crosses the Arabian Sea and pick it up again towards the Gulf of Aden.  Armed guards will be brought on board before it gets close to Somalia.  A ship full of cars would be worth stealing given there’s approximately £320m worth of cars on board (8000 cars x £40k average per vehicle) plus the value of the ship.  Got to be worth a chunk of money to hand the ship back.

From the Gulf of Aden you’ll be able to see the ship pretty much all the way home.  It’ll stop before the Suez Canal to await the next north bound slot. 

If you type in Portbury in the search icon at the top of the app, then click on Portbury (Port) you’ll be able to see ships in port plus departures and arrivals at the top of the page. ‘Your’ ship will show up in Expected Arrivals.

Cars are leaving Portbury and heading to Lexus Centres during the lockdown and the Centres themselves are staying open to service cars as well as MOTs and PDIs albeit with reduced staff.

Happy tracking👍

On 9/30/2020 at 4:00 PM, Navnan2 said:

Hello,

I have my first Lexus on order with an expected delivery date of the beginning of November. I been trawling through the many Utube postings with reviews but would appreciate any real owners thoughts having lived with this vehicle for a while. I have ordered the UX 250H with the premium plus pack and sunroof. The latter I assume caused the three month delivery wait. 

Thanks for letting me join this forum and sharing your thoughts with being a Lexus owner.

Navman2

Hi Barry

I did same as you trawling posts on you tube and lurking on here before buying my UX. Initially i had issues connecting the car to the lexus link app then connecting the car via the my lexus portal and the vehicle getting recognised via the head unit. The folks at lexus connectivity were very helpful after a week it was sorted. The touchpad controller is a bit sensitive but with time you will get used to it. Getting used to all the various controls and settings buttons etc now. The drive is good. Im particulary liking the immediate movement from a standing start from traffic lights or a road junction after driving an Audi with a DSG gearbox and the lag associated with that the UX is sublime really.  This is the first vehicle i have had with adaptive cruise and i really like it very useful. I have cornering lights and they too are very good. MPG on a mixed motorway urban run ive had up to 46 but usually around 42 shorter trips urban 26mpg approx. Im happy with this. The CVT gearbox is very good despite reports what you will read about CVT the Lexus one is the best around. Overall im enjoying the car very much and im sure you will when you get yours. Incidently what you tube vids did you find best. I thought the USA one from Northfield Texas was good they do a few.

Brent

10 hours ago, ALAW said:

Hi Barry

I did same as you trawling posts on you tube and lurking on here before buying my UX. Initially i had issues connecting the car to the lexus link app then connecting the car via the my lexus portal and the vehicle getting recognised via the head unit. The folks at lexus connectivity were very helpful after a week it was sorted. The touchpad controller is a bit sensitive but with time you will get used to it. Getting used to all the various controls and settings buttons etc now. The drive is good. Im particulary liking the immediate movement from a standing start from traffic lights or a road junction after driving an Audi with a DSG gearbox and the lag associated with that the UX is sublime really.  This is the first vehicle i have had with adaptive cruise and i really like it very useful. I have cornering lights and they too are very good. MPG on a mixed motorway urban run ive had up to 46 but usually around 42 shorter trips urban 26mpg approx. Im happy with this. The CVT gearbox is very good despite reports what you will read about CVT the Lexus one is the best around. Overall im enjoying the car very much and im sure you will when you get yours. Incidently what you tube vids did you find best. I thought the USA one from Northfield Texas was good they do a few.

Brent

I`m glad you are still enjoying the car Brent and reading between your enthusiastic lines I glean that you are still receiving that Retainer from LEXUS in order for promoting their products!  🙂 

23 hours ago, Habu said:

Good to see and MarineTraffic is the shipping app.  You’ll lose the boat shortly as it crosses the Arabian Sea and pick it up again towards the Gulf of Aden.  Armed guards will be brought on board before it gets close to Somalia.  A ship full of cars would be worth stealing given there’s approximately £320m worth of cars on board (8000 cars x £40k average per vehicle) plus the value of the ship.  Got to be worth a chunk of money to hand the ship back.

From the Gulf of Aden you’ll be able to see the ship pretty much all the way home.  It’ll stop before the Suez Canal to await the next north bound slot. 

If you type in Portbury in the search icon at the top of the app, then click on Portbury (Port) you’ll be able to see ships in port plus departures and arrivals at the top of the page. ‘Your’ ship will show up in Expected Arrivals.

Cars are leaving Portbury and heading to Lexus Centres during the lockdown and the Centres themselves are staying open to service cars as well as MOTs and PDIs albeit with reduced staff.

Happy tracking👍

Thanks Peter

19 hours ago, ALAW said:

Hi Barry

Brent

Hello Brent,

Thanks for your experiences with your UX. Out of interest what benefit is it connecting the car to the Lexus link app and then the portal? Also your economy figures are interesting too. I previously had a 1.5 turbo Vauxhall Insignia and was averaging 43 mpg according to the trip computer so I'm hoping to see a decent improvement with the UX. Note the Insignia figures involved a fair bit of motorway driving when I owned it. 

I think I have watched every YouTube film on the UX having waited so long for its arrival! Some of the US ones by amateur film makers made me laugh. I think they all seem to work from the same script. Invariably it was hard to find anyone reviewing the standard model with some extra packages like what I have ordered, they all seem to be F Sport, 4 wheel drive or Takami. I guess in the US they don't do the 2 wheel drive base model we have here in the UK.

Do you use Android Auto? I will be and was wondering what I we able to see on the displays either the one behind the steering wheel and the main central display regards for example radio settings/stations if you are using Google Maps? Also my Insignia was a touch screen type, I understand the Lexus is not and you have to use the touchpad.  

Anyways thanks for all the info and look forward to your replies.

Barry

2 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

Hello Brent,

Thanks for your experiences with your UX. Out of interest what benefit is it connecting the car to the Lexus link app and then the portal? Also your economy figures are interesting too. I previously had a 1.5 turbo Vauxhall Insignia and was averaging 43 mpg according to the trip computer so I'm hoping to see a decent improvement with the UX. Note the Insignia figures involved a fair bit of motorway driving when I owned it. 

I think I have watched every YouTube film on the UX having waited so long for its arrival! Some of the US ones by amateur film makers made me laugh. I think they all seem to work from the same script. Invariably it was hard to find anyone reviewing the standard model with some extra packages like what I have ordered, they all seem to be F Sport, 4 wheel drive or Takami. I guess in the US they don't do the 2 wheel drive base model we have here in the UK.

Do you use Android Auto? I will be and was wondering what I we able to see on the displays either the one behind the steering wheel and the main central display regards for example radio settings/stations if you are using Google Maps? Also my Insignia was a touch screen type, I understand the Lexus is not and you have to use the touchpad.  

Anyways thanks for all the info and look forward to your replies.

Barry

The benefit of the link app is its on your mobile. For me i like the find my car section its like having a tracker fitted, hopefully in the event should the car be stolen it should be easily located. It also has other things like hybrid coaching and informs you how your drive was, showing braking points acceleration points apparently im heavy footed i can assure you i aint. There are other things you can do. The portal from the lexus website allows you to send journeys you want to do to the head unit so when you get in the car go on maps and its there. I would think the download latest maps will be useful if one wants to give you opportunity to send it to a usb stick then plug into car and install. You can of course do this straight to the car but takes a while around an hour or thereabouts. The economy so other posts show is better in summer. Yes i too use Android Auto and it works very well to be honest this is why i aint bothered about the map updates. I also play some music via it as well. Its all controlled by the touchpad it is not a problem Barry and you can set the touchpad to how you want it to respond. A final word about the youtube posts i mentioned the Northfield Texas they do Tech tip Tuesdays but a good one to find is their full tutorial of the UX its about an hour long but worth the watching.

Brent.