Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from a soon to be UX owner

On 1/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, EvilRacer329 said:

I've got the roof rails, not fitted yet as I haven't decided whether to go with Lexus' own bike racks or hit Thule or something...anyone have any recommendations?

I'd like to get an e-bike at some point, but as far as I can tell no roof-mounted rack supports that much weight...

Nick

Hi Nick, my impression is that E bikes are a fair bit heavier than normal bikes so lifting such an item on to a roof might be to much of an ask?

Cheers,

barry

3 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

So a week on and no update to status. Is that to be expected?

Hello Mark, my experience is that the onus will be on you to keep tabs on progress. Have you registered online to "My Lexus"? https://www.lexus.co.uk/my-lexus/

With your order number you can follow the steps in the build and dispatch to the UK process. I doubt anything has happened inside of a week of your order though. 

Cheers,

Barry

49 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Hi Nick, my impression is that E bikes are a fair bit heavier than normal bikes so lifting such an item on to a roof might be to much of an ask?

Cheers,

barry

That's...a very good point! Perhaps that's one more reason I should bite the extremely expensive bullet and get the tow hitch fitted...

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

And I've left the factory

Just tweeted Lexus UK to find out which boat it's on

Don’t forget, it’s the MarineTraffic app you need (costs about £5) rather than the free other shipping apps.  Literally taken just now is a screenshot from both MarineTraffic and Ship Finder of the Red Sea and Suez.  Your car will travel this way.  The difference between the 2 apps is clear.

MarineTraffic will still have a couple or so areas where there is no coverage due to the ships distance from land but generally you can follow it from Japan back to Bristol.  The largest gap is when travelling between India and Africa.

image.thumb.png.c4a1038a748c8e0fb5434084d8510845.pngimage.thumb.png.a95340f94612ab34c7bdff01ae661a94.png

15 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Why on earth would someone want to track their car on a boat from Japan to the UK? Just curious really 😀

I find the process interesting as you can see the progress of your car travelling from Japan to the UK and all the places it passes.  For me, at least, it’s part of the experience from order, build, ship, delivery plus it helps to pass 4 weeks.  I’ve done this for my last 6 factory order Lexus plus 2 Toyotas.  I guess it’s not for everyone but I enjoy tracking the ship and seeing the message ‘armed guards on board’ as it approaches Somalia and the Gulf of Aden.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Why on earth would someone want to track their car on a boat from Japan to the UK? Just curious really 😀

I found this useful in my case as it took 5 months to arrive with little info from my dealer except its delayed. Once it arrived in port UK I was on the back of Lexus for a delivery date. Mind you it disappeared for a month once it arrived in the UK, took longer to get to the dealer than it took Japan to the UK!

• Thanks 1