Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BSM Blind Spot Monitor on UK Pre 2015? RX450h

Hi folks,

First time poster & looking for a little help.

I'm looking for the right used 450h and are looking through all the different options and extras for the various grades. Is the blind spot monitor on any of the UK models? I have seen it on youtube for the American 350 but havent seen it over here? I wonder if it is one of those country specific thing that didnt make it over here then?

Thanks

si

My 2020 RX Premium model has it, and I think it was fitted on the pre-facelift models.
The brochure has it as being an optional extra as part of the "Tech and Safety pack"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PeterI said:

My 2020 RX Premium model has it, and I think it was fitted on the pre-facelift models.
The brochure has it as being an optional extra as part of the "Tech and Safety pack"

Yes it is available on certain spec series IV RXs (2016 onward) just not on the series III.

• Like 1

It came as standard on my 2014 GS. It's very useful when reversing out as door mirrors & the camera don't always show approaching vehicles. I also value the warning it provides on both sides on motorways.

There is so much undertaking on motorways now you need all the help you can get!

Apparently, it is not illegal to undertake BUT if it causes an accident that is a different matter!

Explained to me by a police officer!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

There is so much undertaking on motorways now you need all the help you can get!

Apparently, it is not illegal to undertake BUT if it causes an accident that is a different matter!

Explained to me by a police officer!

That's correct. It is only the MUST/MUST NOT points in the Highway Code that are law, should/should not or do/do not aren't.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

That's correct. It is only the MUST/MUST NOT points in the Highway Code that are law, should/should not or do/do not aren't.

In 9 cases out of 10, in the circumstances mentioned by David, in my view it is careless driving and that is a punishable offence.

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

In 9 cases out of 10, in the circumstances mentioned by David, in my view it is careless driving and that is a punishable offence.

It does seem rather strange that you can undertake as long as you don't have an accident!

2 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It does seem rather strange that you can undertake as long as you don't have an accident!

It is not strange David. The Highway Code provides an example of when it is considered necessary, any other time it is careless (and inconsiderate) driving and capable of being punished.

10 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It is not strange David. The Highway Code provides an example of when it is considered necessary, any other time it is careless (and inconsiderate) driving and capable of being punished.

John, I WILL read the handbook again (Highway Code) there are probably things I have forgotten!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links