Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a used RC F

13 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

According to ‘How Many Left’, of the non carbons, there were 133 registrations in 2015, 26 in 2016, 13 in 2017 and 2 in 2018.

Interesting...if correct the 2 ones from 2018 must be the two which are on AT...and one has just sold and the other,allegedly,is a lemon.

Not much scope for buying a 2018 one then !

It’s not that strange, but it is different  and reflects the fact that Lexus UK is a bit different from other brands in the UK as they are both Importer and distributor. They only have a tenuous link with Lexus EU and keep at arms length as much as they can. So they order what they need from Japan direct and for rare cars like the Carbon and other F cars buy what they anticipate what they need all in one go. Therefore the cars we have are those that they brought over with each release of cars. Rather than Japan setting the quantities or UK getting an allocation as part of a EU wide annual order. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Oldnslow said:

My Carbon will be up for sale at the end of the month.

Hi Kevin,

I could possibly be interested although I’m not specifically looking for a Carbon.I’m a private cash buyer.

If you could PM me all the details of your car some time I would be grateful.

Thanks,

John.

8 hours ago, XK140 said:

Interesting...if correct the 2 ones from 2018 must be the two which are on AT...and one has just sold and the other,allegedly,is a lemon.

Not much scope for buying a 2018 one then !

Those 2 would be MY2017 models registered late. There were also 4 MY2018 standard vehicles registered and a further 4 MY2018 vehicles registered with the plus pack option. They appear as LSS models on how many left.

Facelift MY2018 have improvements but some of the spec is lowered to get to a cheaper list price (cheaper wheels, lack of key card, no ventilated seats, no blind spot mirror or rear traffic alert etc.) and the engine has a particulate filter which robs the engine of 14 bhp at peak and more across the rev range 😞 

11 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Those 2 would be MY2017 models registered late. There were also 4 MY2018 standard vehicles registered and a further 4 MY2018 vehicles registered with the plus pack option. They appear as LSS models on how many left.

Facelift MY2018 have improvements but some of the spec is lowered to get to a cheaper list price (cheaper wheels, lack of key card, no ventilated seats, no blind spot mirror or rear traffic alert etc.) and the engine has a particulate filter which robs the engine of 14 bhp at peak and more across the rev range 😞 

Thanks for that,makes more sense.

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

That rules out replacing my 2015 with a later model when I want to change. Roll on a new ISF

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

That rules out replacing my 2015 with a later model when I want to change. Roll on a new ISF

The plus pack adds all those features back in again so that is the one to go for. Not much you can do about the GPF, that will be fitted to all new petrol engines to allow them to meet the latest emissions 😞 

22 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The plus pack adds all those features

I didn't know about that; thanks. I think I can learn to manage with a 3% drop in power; I don't use the full amount every day

The latest on this subject is that today I collected my new ( to me ) RC F.

I feel lucky in that one cropped up only 3 miles from me,as we know these cars are rather thin on the ground and at my age I didn’t really feel like driving all over the country to find one.

It’s 2015 in white,black interior,with the ML sound system ( don’t they all).White would not have been my first choice,but being metallic has a nice sparkle to it,and if you were picky about colour schemes you would probably give up before you found what you wanted.

More importantly the car is immaculate inside and out bar a few barely noticeable front end stone chips,and it has a fully stamped up (totally Lexus) service book with no outstanding maintenance issues as far as I can see from the paperwork.

I haven’t driven it very far yet but it feels nicely tight and planted on the road.

The mileage isn’t low at 42k but the maintenance record and condition are spot on and I believe the price was competitive at £29k.

In fact I’m happy that I didn’t go and pay £10k more for a later, lower mileage example since I won’t be putting a lot of miles on it and I think this one represents better value for money.

Perhaps the previous owner was known on here,apparently he also owned a 2010 IS F and traded in it and the RC F in against an Aston.The Chesterfield dealer bought both cars from the Aston dealership.

Anyway,very happy so far !!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 10:02 PM, ColinBarber said:

Apologies for bumping the thread but my guess is this is one of the lower spec versions. It almost appears poverty spec. no ML either. Shame as I made a quick enquiry, screen looks bigger than 7 inch however. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011186237166?sort=relevance&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=RC F&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&make=LEXUS&postcode=bh189nr&page=1

21 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Apologies for bumping the thread but my guess is this is one of the lower spec versions. It almost appears poverty spec. no ML either. Shame as I made a quick enquiry, screen looks bigger than 7 inch however. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011186237166?sort=relevance&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=RC F&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&make=LEXUS&postcode=bh189nr&page=1

Agreed it’s lower spec,although my favourite colour.

The bigger screen must have been standard by that time.

It looks like another economy measure was to replace some of the leather with alcantara (I.e fake suede).

On the other hand do you really need the things in the bigger spec cars,mostly you don’t in my experience.

For example,I like sun roofs and heated steering wheels but can happily live without them.I also had ventilated seats on the IS 250 I had years ago and recall they were rather ineffective.

4 hours ago, XK140 said:

Agreed it’s lower spec,although my favourite colour.

The bigger screen must have been standard by that time.

It looks like another economy measure was to replace some of the leather with alcantara (I.e fake suede).

On the other hand do you really need the things in the bigger spec cars,mostly you don’t in my experience.

For example,I like sun roofs and heated steering wheels but can happily live without them.I also had ventilated seats on the IS 250 I had years ago and recall they were rather ineffective.

Yep, very odd with the alcantara . The issue is I'm fully specced up in a 2018 lovely straight six with hardly any miles on it, owned from new and it goes like stink. 

I accept I might have to compromise :whistling: but RCF pricing is all over the shop. I buy that car and suddenly I'm looking at an 8k loss immediately if I need to get rid. I could stomach that brand new but not on a low spec 18 plate whereas an M4 / M2 would be far more palatable. I tend to change cars every couple of years and there's another guy on here with a 2017 who seems stuck in perpetuity. I guess its a keeper but ain't a mover.  

20 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Yep, very odd with the alcantara . The issue is I'm fully specced up in a 2018 lovely straight six with hardly any miles on it, owned from new and it goes like stink. 

I accept I might have to compromise :whistling: but RCF pricing is all over the shop. I buy that car and suddenly I'm looking at an 8k loss immediately if I need to get rid. I could stomach that brand new but not on a low spec 18 plate whereas an M4 / M2 would be far more palatable. I tend to change cars every couple of years and there's another guy on here with a 2017 who seems stuck in perpetuity. I guess its a keeper but ain't a mover.  

Also,that car has clocked up a fair few miles for something only a bit more than 2 years old,so it wouldn’t be my choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links