Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a used RC F

Looking to buy ,so first post on here,so any comments would be appreciated.

Looking at the ones on AT at the moment:

1/The previously wrapped one at Nottingham already discussed in a another thread...bargepole job!

2/The blue one in Kent,already seen and rejected by a forum member...not for me either.

3/The Carbon one just advertised not on AT but here...looks to be a good car and should sell easily, but the extra carbon bling is not really for me.

4/The 2018 grey one with the plus pack at £37450 (I could just about stretch to high £30s) is interesting but it seems the last service was early 2019 so I assume the Lexus warranty

has gone,and I read elsewhere on here it has been passed between dealers...so alarm bells are ringing.

5/This leaves the other grey one,low mileage and I assume up to date on servicing and still under warranty.Appears to have been for sale for some time and I haven't a clue if the price is right.

So although the last one probably has most appeal,especially if they would take an offer ( I have no p/ex),I'm undecided what to do.There are not many to choose from!

I don't need to buy right now,so perhaps I should just wait until some more come on the market?

I'm getting old and indecisive!!!

Great car choice and welcome. I would say be patient and get the spec that suits your needs.  I was in a similar position, the RCF had no competition for me and I love the blue so it was my first choice. I would happily have taken other colours if the car was right though. Mine has a couple more owners than some would like, but owners is not relevant to me - as long as it’s straight, been looked after and has a proper service history, it doesn’t really matter.  I was lucky to find one with very low mileage, 18 months Lexus warranty remaining and with a TVD, but mileage is not an issue with these cars if it has been looked after.

in sum, get the one that fits your preferred spec and if it’s not there, wait. Good luck 👍

Hi,

I have information about the #4 I was very close to purchase it from an Audi dealer in a part exchange with my RC300h Fsport 2017 the fund to change,they asked me was 12.5k.

but when I looked at the service book the first service was surprisingly done in a Audi dealership with 3 months late of service date and the second service was due 4 or 5 months the Audi dealership did say the rear disc was worn out 90% so I pull out from the deal and now another dealership bought it and sell it 3.5k expensive.

10 hours ago, Hatat said:

Hi,

I have information about the #4 I was very close to purchase it from an Audi dealer in a part exchange with my RC300h Fsport 2017 the fund to change,they asked me was 12.5k.

but when I looked at the service book the first service was surprisingly done in a Audi dealership with 3 months late of service date and the second service was due 4 or 5 months the Audi dealership did say the rear disc was worn out 90% so I pull out from the deal and now another dealership bought it and sell it 3.5k expensive.

Reference #4. I enquired about this car as well. The first service was actually done at a small Independent garage in Brighouse, as you say three months late. They seem lovely people but there is a Lexus dealership just up the road but for some reason they avoided it.  Audi told me the front pads and discs needed replacing but wouldn't do it unless someone was going to put a deposit down . Interesting that they told you rears! Apparently its just had its second service at Lexus Stoke, seven months late, not sure if the brakes have been done. The car also had minor bodywork damage that Audi failed to disclose to me and more disturbingly during my enquiries I was told to 'avoid as it hasn't had a normal life bud '.  My source wouldn't elaborate and I wasn't in a position to travel for a pre Inspection. 

#5  Yes I've been watching that for some time as its been hanging around as a nice advert for a lease company I see. I guess the reason it hasn't moved is the price, it might be worth making an offer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Reference #4. I enquired about this car as well. The first service was actually done at a small Independent garage in Brighouse, as you say three months late. They seem lovely people but there is a Lexus dealership just up the road but for some reason they avoided it.  Audi told me the front pads and discs needed replacing but wouldn't do it unless someone was going to put a deposit down . Interesting that they told you rears! Apparently its just had its second service at Lexus Stoke, seven months late, not sure if the brakes have been done. The car also had minor bodywork damage that Audi failed to disclose to me and more disturbingly during my enquiries I was told to 'avoid as it hasn't had a normal life bud '.  My source wouldn't elaborate and I wasn't in a position to travel for a pre Inspection. 

#5  Yes I've been watching that for some time as its been hanging around as a nice advert for a lease company I see. I guess the reason it hasn't moved is the price, it might be worth making an offer. 

Yes spot on that was my question too why it was not serviced at a Lexus dealership and I was told the owner had a friend in an Audi I couldn't understand if a person can get such an expensive car and worried about doing the service in a Lexus dealership because it may cost a few 100 more??

They also told me the owner sold it as he had to settle his divorce matter and need cash and at the end of our conversation he said ”the owner traded it in for an Audi car” there were inconsistency in his story.

Yes I was told rear discs and pads and they told you front. Such a relief 😃 I am glad I pull out!

• Like 1

I was going to mention Lexus will warranty a car with a chequred service history if it passes an inspection and you have it serviced with lexus during said warranty. However sounds like theres more than one reason to give that one a swerve.

It seems last summer was the optimal time to buy an RCF! This year prices seem higher with less cars to chose from. I may regret not puling the trigger on a grey carbon I was stalking. I still had 18 months warranty on the ISF though and with another child on the way now, even as a second car it would be getting the evils from the wife. Good job she likes the brand!

• Like 1

Yeh true last year we had more options maybe people are holding on their cars this year due to uncertainty caused by the Pandemic. Let's wait a few more months see the options.

All the best for the child mate! :)

• Thanks 1

I see another RC F Carbon has appeared on AT.

2018, low miles and priced at £40k

Slightly beyond my price range and the yellow and black colour scheme over the top for my taste...looks to be a decent enough car though,and very suitable for an extrovert 😀

27 minutes ago, XK140 said:

I see another RC F Carbon has appeared on AT.

2018, low miles and priced at £40k

Slightly beyond my price range and the yellow and black colour scheme over the top for my taste...looks to be a decent enough car though,and very suitable for an extrovert 😀

Extrovert here. 

Sorry yellow is a no. 🤣

I love the solar flare orange and would also happily drive a chrome pink matte wrapped car. But this yellow..... No Ty😉

On 10/7/2020 at 12:07 PM, Arnett said:

Extrovert here. 

Sorry yellow is a no. 🤣

I love the solar flare orange and would also happily drive a chrome pink matte wrapped car. But this yellow..... No Ty😉

Sold my solar flare RCF three weeks ago. Great colour. Always  well revived . I miss it 😪  

6 hours ago, The Bodyman said:

Sold my solar flare RCF three weeks ago. Great colour. Always  well revived . I miss it 😪  

Go German. You’ll never look back 😜

18 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

'Cos you can't see past the cab on the flatbed carrying your Teutonic breakdown.. :wink3:

Dude! How you diddling? 😁

German cars. More reliable than expensive Swiss watches 🤣

• Haha 1

Hi all. Just to say my Carbon has now sold. Full asking and bought by a trader so I would expect to see it on a forecourt with fully refurbed wheels and new rear tyres for a bit more money than I got for it. It really is mint and well cared for...planning on doing a full cost of ownership post soon should answer a lot of questions for those considering buying an F car. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Hi all. Just to say my Carbon has now sold. Full asking and bought by a trader so I would expect to see it on a forecourt with fully refurbed wheels and new rear tyres for a bit more money than I got for it. It really is mint and well cared for...planning on doing a full cost of ownership post soon should answer a lot of questions for those considering buying an F car. 

Pleased you have sold it so quickly.A dealer with a fancy showroom will screenprice it at £35k.

Looking forward to reading of your ownership experiences.

• Like 1

There is another RC F for sale,but on eBay,not on AT.

2015 Blue with one owner and only 7k miles.

Looks to be a very nice car but priced rather strong at £37500 or offers.

The 2018 grey low miles one,#5 in my original post,has been marked up sold today.

He who hesitates,etc....I thought I would have time to contact them next week....need to keep patient.

Random question...there always seem to be 2015 examples for sale,and some 2018 and later ones,but I’ve not seen any 2016/2017 ones...strange!