Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a used GSF available now

Hi everyone,

I reserved the GSF available in Coventry dealership, taking into account the low mileage and year it was manufactured will I lose lots of money after a year of owning it?

Thanks.

Hi Hatat - if recent history is anything to go by you shouldn’t lose much at all. Maybe £3-4K/yr. But times are odd and who knows?

If I could see car values in the future, I would have bought all the 205 GTI’s for £500 five years ago and now be selling them for £10k+!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Tom, I was wondering because the dealership tends to bring down the price for RCFs but when it comes to GSFs they don't so I thought to ask the members views that in a year time how much I may predict to lose for buying this GSF.

• Like 1

It's still quite a volatile purchase. It's lack of popularity is the reason it had such a short life especially within the UK. 

I believe it's the type of car you'd buy because you want it, but you really should be prepared for the gamble of price degradation it's either gonna stay stable or drop.

It's one of the few cars that due to rarity and niche is very very hard to guess that exact thing. 

I've seen them sell for as little as 30k and the one you have reserved is the most expensive so far but is the first 2017 model so far. 

In terms of colour combination rarity lies with the buyer wants etc. 

I'd be more inclined to buy the grey (whiteish) or red interior over the black. 

My exterior favourites are orange or blue 🤤

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I am stuck between this or an RCF I have an RC300h but want a v8 now, I love the style of an RCF though.

The GSF will be available this Friday or early next week let's see if I like it I may go for it else will wait for an RCF.

11 hours ago, Hatat said:

Thanks Tom, I was wondering because the dealership tends to bring down the price for RCFs but when it comes to GSFs they don't so I thought to ask the members views that in a year time how much I may predict to lose for buying this GSF.

Don't forget there are 2 looses in value. 1st one is just standard over time price drop like: today dealer will sell it for 39k, next year for 36k.

Another one is day 1 price drop to cover dealers commissions like: you bought it yesterday for 39, but if you want it to sell today you will get 35k for it on trade-in/px. You can try to beat this one up by buying and selling privately where differences will be way lower. 

• Thanks 1

If you need 4 doors/ decent rear seating get the GSF, or tbh an ISF will serve you just as well and there are more on the market to choose from. If you don't need 4 doors, then get the RCF, also more on the market so more likely to find a spec you like and more cars to compare and potentially haggle on regarding price. The F range doesn't tend to go flying off the autotrader shelves, so sometimes waiting could be to your advantage. I looked for around 3-4 months and then once i found the one I wanted, enquired and then waited 6 months to then purchase my GSF, price was lower, haggled on the APR and got a few other items chucked in for free as well! Best of luck either way 🙂

• Thanks 1

I just bought a GS F a couple of days ago. Was looking for either RCF or a GS F ( basically a realisable fairly modern normally aspirated V8 as second car), didn’t need the 4 doors really but decided on GS F as one came available and for its relatively rarity. Also it is more likely to pass ‘under the radar’ than a RCF, which I prefer. I wasn’t too concerned about depreciation, as this is one I hope to keep for a few years (also figure I would loose more by changing cars more often), and mine was at the cheaper end of the market. A word of warning though, Lexus dealers seem to offer far lower prices to buy these cars than they retail them for.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

I just bought a GS F a couple of days ago. Was looking for either RCF or a GS F ( basically a realisable fairly modern normally aspirated V8 as second car), didn’t need the 4 doors really but decided on GS F as one came available and for its relatively rarity. Also it is more likely to pass ‘under the radar’ than a RCF, which I prefer. I wasn’t too concerned about depreciation, as this is one I hope to keep for a few years (also figure I would loose more by changing cars more often), and mine was at the cheaper end of the market. A word of warning though, Lexus dealers seem to offer far lower prices to buy these cars than they retail them for.

Thanks mate and congrats for your GSF, have test drove an RCF? If yes how do you find driving GSF compared to RCF?

I heard GSF is more fun to drive despite both have same engine but GSF injection is better so better sound even in eco and normal mode, is it true?

No one has a magic ball however, this year, GSFs have shifted. Four 2016 models at 36,000 with cira of 25k on the clock, one just gone at Twickenham and a forum member on here also, just 2 weeks ago.

From an F sales perspective the GSF is by far the fastest turn around car, they just don't hang around. RCF tend to, ISF is a hit and miss.

See the below thread for some details of a topic that was going on last month.....

One thing is for sure, whether you take the Coventry car or not, that car will go. These GSFs just seem to be selling and the dealers are not budging on price.

• Thanks 1

That really helps thanks for this mate!

11 minutes ago, Fair and square said:

No one has a magic ball however, this year, GSFs have shifted. Four 2016 models at 36,000 with cira of 25k on the clock, one just gone at Twickenham and a forum member on here also, just 2 weeks ago.

From an F sales perspective the GSF is by far the fastest turn around car, they just don't hang around. RCF tend to, ISF is a hit and miss.

See the below thread for some details of a topic that was going on last month.....

One thing is for sure, whether you take the Coventry car or not, that car will go. These GSFs just seem to be selling and the dealers are not budging on price.

thanks mate that really helps!

2 hours ago, Hatat said:

Thanks mate and congrats for your GSF, have test drove an RCF? If yes how do you find driving GSF compared to RCF?

I heard GSF is more fun to drive despite both have same engine but GSF injection is better so better sound even in eco and normal mode, is it true?

To be honest I couldn’t tell much difference with the fast road test drives you do with the salesman in the passenger seat. But GS F has a nicer interior and feels a little more upmarket. And they all come with TVD which I think makes the car feel a little smaller. Not many RCFs seem to have the TVD option ticked.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

To be honest I couldn’t tell much difference with the fast road test drives you do with the salesman in the passenger seat. But GS F has a nicer interior and feels a little more upmarket. And they all come with TVD which I think makes the car feel a little smaller. Not many RCFs seem to have the TVD option ticked.

How about ride quality? Last time I test drove was a 2018 plus pack honestly it rides very stiff regardless of which mode you driving it, how is your GSF? Is it more refine and softer compared to RCF?

45 minutes ago, Hatat said:

How about ride quality? Last time I test drove was a 2018 plus pack honestly it rides very stiff regardless of which mode you driving it, how is your GSF? Is it more refine and softer compared to RCF?

Mine does not have AVS, and all the GSFs and RCFs I test drove before didn’t have them either. I found the GSF just right for road driving and did not feel too stiff at all. General consensus from reviews is that the GSF is a better road car and RCF is a better track car, I guess the suspension is set out this way as the GS is a larger luxuary car and the RC a sports car.

• Like 1

I agree, the GSF is a difficult car to value, due to the reasons mentioned above. 

For reference we purchased our 2017 GSF ( the Sonic Titanium car pictured in the topic linked above) with 13k miles on it from Newcastle Lexus in June 19 for the same price the Conventry car is up for. 

The ride in our F is very good. No complaints what so ever. It is fitted with AVS but it sounds like the cars with out the Adaptive Variable Suspension also ride very well. 

It’s an awesome car, you won’t regret it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

Mine does not have AVS, and all the GSFs and RCFs I test drove before didn’t have them either. I found the GSF just right for road driving and did not feel too stiff at all. General consensus from reviews is that the GSF is a better road car and RCF is a better track car, I guess the suspension is set out this way as the GS is a larger luxuary car and the RC a sports car.

Thanks a lot I really appreciate the info 🙂

49 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I agree, the GSF is a difficult car to value, due to the reasons mentioned above. 

For reference we purchased our 2017 GSF ( the Sonic Titanium car pictured in the topic linked above) with 13k miles on it from Newcastle Lexus in June 19 for the same price the Conventry car is up for. 

The ride in our F is very good. No complaints what so ever. It is fitted with AVS but it sounds like the cars with out the Adaptive Variable Suspension also ride very well. 

It’s an awesome car, you won’t regret it. 

Thanks mate, I am glad to hear that and I am tempted to go for it rather the RCF

by the way your GSF has a best colour and I am glad you are enjoying it.

looking forward to see the car I want in Coventry soon and I hope I get it, but gees they are not giving even a couple of hundreds off 😃

just the post above mentioned they know it’s gonna go soon maybe that’s why lol

Are you implying they are valuing it a little more taking into account you bought yours last year for the same price they are asking?

• Like 1

No not at all. It was just for reference really, in response to your earlier post about the values of the GSF and the amount of money you could loose. I’m under no illusion that whilst it seems like our car hasn’t lost any value in the 15 or so months we have owned it, judging by the car you are potentially buying, it is unlikely I would be able to sell ours at that price privately and clearly the dealer would be offering me a lot less! However, I think the value of these cars have some what stabilised for the time being, compared to the vertical depreciation they experienced in the first 18 months.

Thank you  Sonic Titanium was my wife’s favourite colour for an RX. I originally wanted an Orange or White GSF but then this one came up and I loved the colour on the F. Very understated, until you see the 4 exhausts and orange callipers 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

No not at all. It was just for reference really, in response to your earlier post about the values of the GSF and the amount of money you could loose. I’m under no illusion that whilst it seems like our car hasn’t lost any value in the 15 or so months we have owned it, judging by the car you are potentially buying, it is unlikely I would be able to sell ours at that price privately and clearly the dealer would be offering me a lot less! However, I think the value of these cars have some what stabilised for the time being, compared to the vertical depreciation they experienced in the first 18 months.

Thank you  Sonic Titanium was my wife’s favourite colour for an RX. I originally wanted an Orange or White GSF but then this one came up and I loved the colour on the F. Very understated, until you see the 4 exhausts and orange callipers 😂

I think your car still holds the value you bought last year, it’s the first 2017 model I see since last year and they disappear soon as the appear in the market.

RCFs tends to stay a bit longer as previous post rightly stated, people tend to like GSF more maybe due to more space.

Your car interior might be red I reckon? 😊

• Like 1

Demand seems to be higher than supply right now, I think F cars are having some what of a sales revival.

Well priced (i.e. not 2012+ cars) ISF's are moving quickly, there is half the RCF's for sale this time last year and GSF's are gone before the pictures hit the market!! 18 months ago I remember a used GSF being for sale for 8 months at a lexus dealer and it wasnt even badly priced.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C.B said:

Demand seems to be higher than supply right now, I think F cars are having some what of a sales revival.

Well priced (i.e. not 2012+ cars) ISF's are moving quickly, there is half the RCF's for sale this time last year and GSF's are gone before the pictures hit the market!! 18 months ago I remember a used GSF being for sale for 8 months at a lexus dealer and it wasnt even badly priced.

Couldn’t agree more, 22th of July this year I noticed a 2016 GSF in blue colour was available at the Lexus Edgware Road London for 36.5k as you well-stated pictures were not even added I contacted them and as I was talking someone paid a deposit and I was really shocked what just happened they said sorry and hang up and that was the first day it was live for sale!

• Like 1

I think RCF prices are now following the ISF trajectory. For interest I check the trade in price for mine at the end of each month on Autotrader. In the last 12 months it  has apparently appreciated by £800. Whilst it may not be an accurate price, at least any error should be consistent. I suspect GSFs are doing similar at about the 3 yr point 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links