Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have been contemplating selling my IS 250 as since I changed jobs in June 2019 it has barely done 1500 miles and I have 3 other cars (mostly toys and a dogmobile).

Just been out in the IS250 (first time driven since March). Stopped at local shop for milk on way back. Faffed about looking for mask.  Got out. Pressed door lock button and it just beeped and wouldn't lock. Tried a  couple of times but no joy. Got back in to check if I'd left it in Drive or something and realised it was still running. Soooo quiet. 😳 but 😁

I'd almost forgotten just how good this car is so its staying

IMG_20171119_160714368.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As above. Funny story. Get rid of one of your 'toys' as you can have just as much fun in your is250 as any 'toy'. I know I do occasionally. 

Most defo keep the p5b such a fabulous car I've loved since I was a nipper. Personally I don't care for TVR's. Depends on what dog or dogs you have but either the is250 or p5b will suffice on a rug on the back seats. Just me thinking out loud.

26 minutes ago, Tyre Tread said:

Hmm... Rover P5B Coupe I've had for 20 years and a TVR Chimaera I've had for 15 years.

I don't think those will be going anywhere soon.

The dogmobile however...

With such an eclectic collection, what is your Dogmobile?

7 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

As above. Funny story. Get rid of one of your 'toys' as you can have just as much fun in your is250 as any 'toy'. I know I do occasionally. 

If you think you can have as much fun in and IS250 as any other "Toy" then you've LED a very sheltered life. 🙂

• Haha 1

Sheltered life????  No way. 28 cars all top spec models and all taken to their limit. In the 80's and 90's I showed up so many so called sports cars up big time. In my current is250 I've beaten 3 series beemers and C class mercs. I'm a nutter at heart and drive like one lol. And I've had a number of 2 and 4 stroke Yamahas mainly and that's where I got the nickname MadVlad. Oh happy days lol.

Talking of 2-Strokes and Definitely not on the quite side I have a Yam IT465j in the back of my garage waiting for the day I have time to give it a bucket load of TLC, had it from new in the crate back in May 1982....£1256 with a spare aluminium fuel tank ( unused to date!) worth a fair bit more now apparently!

paul m.

Oh. Never really been into crossers. Mind you had a ball on i think it was a yz490. Hellishly torquey. We had the 1st AS1 in the country. Only sold it 5 years ago. My heart is with RD400's and Elsie's. Nearly bought a stage 3 tuned RD500lc. Blimey took it for a spin. Without knowing at 80 the front wheel touched the ground. I wasn't even revving it hard. Needless to say I shied away lol.

I did have a X7 for six months, took it as a payment for a job, it was ok in a straight line but it didn’t like the bendy bits! And I Just couldn’t get on with the drop clip on bars either! Most of my mates went for the 350LC and I went and got a DR600 !!!

Not really cause I still had the 465 which they all wanted! 

Just seen that there is one on Fleabay right now for £3k and it's a bit of a doer upper as well! Check out the fuel tank!!!

Link ( while it lasts!) is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-IT-465-1982-2-STROKE-TWINSHOCK-ENDURO-BIKE-IN-GREAT-CONDITION-vinduro/274508436670?hash=item3fe9fa54be:g:cpAAAOSwENVfbc8Y

And seller is Deffo nothing to do with me!

On 10/2/2020 at 11:31 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Sheltered life????  No way. 28 cars all top spec models and all taken to their limit. In the 80's and 90's I showed up so many so called sports cars up big time. In my current is250 I've beaten 3 series beemers and C class mercs. I'm a nutter at heart and drive like one lol. And I've had a number of 2 and 4 stroke Yamahas mainly and that's where I got the nickname MadVlad. Oh happy days lol.

Beating 2.0D Beemers and Mercs is hardly the height of excitement.  😂 Often more a case of being to take more extreme risks than your "competitor" .

I've "lost" many a race to much slower cars than my Tiv purely because the other guy was willing to take risks I thought were not reasonable and therefore let him drive off into the sunset and he no doubt regaled his mates down the pub with how he blew a TVR into the weeds in his 2.0D BMW. Frankly I'm not prepared to go to prison for the sake of boasting rights. I will however "make progress" when the opportunity presents itself. 

I enjoy driving quickly but the IS250 is not meant to be "sporty" . It can convey you reasonably quickly in comfort and that's what it does best.

An IS250 has a 0-60 time around 7.5  secs and tops out at (an admittedly respectable) 143mph.

However its not sports car quick and doesn't handle like one.

The bikes you mentioned aren't exactly fast either so I reiterate my "sheltered life" comment if you think the IS250 is a fast car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links