Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Into the F Fold....

Unless I get hit by a bus (which isnt likely working from home), I will soon be the very proud owner of a stunning 2015 RCF in the amazing Azure Blue.

Paid our @Dave400SE a deposit and all set to purchase/collect in 2 Friday's time 🙂

Haven't seen it in the flesh, but looks stunning in the pics, low mileage with plenty of remaining warranty and buying from a fellow member is always good and very reassuring.

Nice to keep the good examples circling around the club, having sold my 250 to another member 2 weeks ago too.

Look forward to finally getting into the F fold 🙂, cant wait!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Different and more expensive:

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-paintwork-look-good/

Just don't scratch it 😮

That’s an interesting link to the special paints.

I see there is also an article on Mercury grey.In my current quest for an RC F that info is enough to put me off that colour...special washing techniques,no waxes to be applied,cannot be cut and polisted to rectify minor blemishes...no thanks!

That rules out two of the cars on AT at the moment...having said that the cars don’t look to have a matt finish in the sale pictures...are there two Mercury greys,one matt and one glossy?

6 minutes ago, XK140 said:

cannot be cut and polisted to rectify minor blemishes...no thanks!

Does Lexus issue any official guidance for paint care? Do's and don'ts?

I love my Meguairs Ultimate Compound....kept my IS250 looking brand new!!

36 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Does Lexus issue any official guidance for paint care? Do's and don'ts?

I love my Meguairs Ultimate Compound....kept my IS250 looking brand new!!

You will be OK with that on normal paint that has a glossy lacquer top coat...if you used it on a matt finish paint it would go patchy.

Having said that,the Megs compound is abrasive so I would only be using it once a year and using the wet wax stuff ( my preference) to maintain shine and water beading.

Hope this doesn’t start an argument about car detailing ( or cleaning as I call it in my old fashioned way!) there are a million products on the market and just as many opinions as to how to do it.😀

Be careful of dealer advice, At least one of them hard sells Supraguard, which in my experience is worthless, but generates a high commission for the salesman

9 hours ago, XK140 said:

That’s an interesting link to the special paints.

I see there is also an article on Mercury grey.In my current quest for an RC F that info is enough to put me off that colour...special washing techniques,no waxes to be applied,cannot be cut and polisted to rectify minor blemishes...no thanks!

That rules out two of the cars on AT at the moment...having said that the cars don’t look to have a matt finish in the sale pictures...are there two Mercury greys,one matt and one glossy?

Only the 10th anniversary edition has a matt finish. Standard mercury grey is a cleat coat gloss.

FYI all the 'sonic' colours are five layers like Azure Blue.

Wouldn't be compounding unless totally necessary, less is more sometimes. If you need to compound, as advised above, maybe a once a year thing to get out any major scratches. I have a Rupes machine polisher, have multiple grades of scholl (which is excellent) offering fine cut to very deep, as well as the liquids that came with the polisher as part of the kit. I've only ever had to compound 2 small areas which wouldn't come out with machine polishing alone. As also advised above, be careful as some sell commission products over good products!

Anyone know how to spot whether the optional 17 speaker Mark Levinson is fitted or not?

Photo's of the car I am buying on Friday has the ML logo on the stereo....does this mean the optional upgrade is fitted?

Its not Carbon, its a regular model but does have TVD added, so maybe the new owner added some more bits.....

Any way to confirm?

If it has the logo under the stereo and in the middle of the middle rear speaker on the parcel shelf, then I would be almost certain that it has the ML upgrade. 

You could try pulling the build sheet on the Lexus portal  if you have the VIN number.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links