Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

PDF Manuals & sat nav update.

Excellent service 👍. I only had a hard copy of the users guide when I purchased the vehicle. Rang Lexus customer service who emailed me links to online User Manual and navigation manual. Links attached below so others can share.

Owners Manual - https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/LEXUS/OM76341E.pdf
Navigation Manual - https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/LEXUS/OM76278E.pdf

Also those of you that may want to update navigation software attached below is a pdf explaining how, again obtained from customer services. I will be attempting this later.

UX250h MapUpdate Guide.pdf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ed the Ted said:

Hi John........Do the links work? If not I could attach Pdf's of the manuals. They are 174.mb and 102.3mb. Please advise if this is acceptable . I don't want to upset any moderators!!!!

Eddie, I tried the first one and it was fine--just as if I had logged in myself on the Lexus.co.uk website.

I merely wanted to know if it was possible to highlite the appropriate section of the Handbook and mover straight to it.

I know of no reason why the Mods might object and I am certain that other Members would welcome your downloads, but of only the few in most demand.

Hi Eddy - I've applied the 2020v1 maps upgrade successfully last weekend - it took about 70 minutes and you must leave the engine on/running all the time.  

Thanks Ian. I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it but nothing ventured nothing gained. Did you leave the car stationary during that 70 minutes if so is there a danger it could overheat. Just wondering if I can drive away in it while upgrading to keep it cool.

1 hour ago, Ed the Ted said:

Did you leave the car stationary during that 70 minutes if so is there a danger it could overheat.

I would have thought it was very unlikely to overheat. We are in Britain in the autumn, after all!

I've left my IS300h in the Ready state while stationary for an hour or more during the lockdown, as advised by Lexus to keep the 12volt Battery fully charged. I didn't see any ill effects. In any case on the IS model (yours may be different) I found the engine would run initially for about a minute and then shut down for up to around 20 minutes. It would then start again, run for four minutes and then shut down for another 20 minutes. So in an hour the engine is only running for perhaps around 10-15 minutes in four minute bursts.

Here's a graph of the engine temperature while it's in the Ready state for about 15 minutes. The red line is the engine temperature. It starts at around 20C and rises to around 35C and then the engine stops. About four minutes later it starts again and rises to around 55C after running for about four minutes. It then stops again. Over the next seven minutes the temperature falls to around 45C and then the graph stops. Normal operating temperature is around 80-85C, so I shouldn't think there's much danger of it overheating.

image.thumb.jpeg.2bfc444a67b25a3a923b374c97a909bf.jpeg

Sorry the graph is so small. But if you click on it, you should be able to see it full size.

Incidentally, if you leave the heater/climate control turned on while the weather is cool, the engine will keep running until it has warmed up the cabin. Turn off the climate control if you don't want the engine to start so often.

• Like 1

Thankyou William for that information.

I have just read the pdf, the instructions are very well illustrated so expect the upgrade to be plain sailing but noticed it mentions about checking out to basket and billing information. I was under the impression the download was free therefore can any body confirm one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 4:23 PM, IMc said:

Hi Eddy - I've applied the 2020v1 maps upgrade successfully last weekend - it took about 70 minutes and you must leave the engine on/running all the time.  

Ian........... I'm struggling to download the map update. The website my.lexus.eu says it's no longer up and running. Two questions 1) From what website did you access your download? 2) I have the 7" screen and I can only find the 10" screens illustrated and when I entered my device ID it said it was invalid have you got the 10" version?. I may have to approach my Lexus dealer to do the update assuming it's available for 7" screens.

Another way to download a manual of your choice (any vehicle) is to go to the Lexus uk website. Scroll down and on the left hand side of the page you will see owners. Click on there. Then scroll down and you will see the heading ABOUT MY LEXUS keep scrolling down this column and you will see owners manuals. Click on there then fill in the boxes for your vehicle then download. Hope this helps.

Brent

The my.Lexus.eu portal hasn’t worked for quite some time. It is disappointing that some instructions you’ve been sent by Lexus direct you to that site - however I’m not surprised as the company don’t seen to have a great track record with their on-line facilities. 

Nav updates were available via lexus.co.uk in the ‘My Lexus’ section for a while but many people reported problems with it.

The tech website has updates for the UX nav system.  I’ve written about it before in this NX thread

• Like 1

Took delivery of my car late September 2020. After having quite a few conversations with the Lexus connectivity team. Struggled to activate the car. After they raised the issue with Lexus HQ, together after a few days we got the head unit recognized. I established also that Lexus do two map updates a year one around spring time then at start of autumn Sept etc. Got in the car yesterday to see on the display there is a new version of maps available click to download. Today i turned the car on and connected by wifi and downloaded and installed straight to the car took about an hour. At the end it said waiting for restart. I rung lexus connectivity up who didnt exactly know but got in touch with a manager who said stop the engine its done and when you start the vehicle it will be there. After a couple of hours went out and looked on display for version it was as pointed out on this thread that 2020 v1 is current and i think that was May time. I would have expected it to be 2020 v2 surely. Anyone know what version the latest one is.

thanks Brent

On 10/2/2020 at 5:50 PM, Thackeray said:

I would have thought it was very unlikely to overheat. We are in Britain in the autumn, after all!

I've left my IS300h in the Ready state while stationary for an hour or more during the lockdown, as advised by Lexus to keep the 12volt battery fully charged. I didn't see any ill effects. In any case on the IS model (yours may be different) I found the engine would run initially for about a minute and then shut down for up to around 20 minutes. It would then start again, run for four minutes and then shut down for another 20 minutes. So in an hour the engine is only running for perhaps around 10-15 minutes in four minute bursts.

Here's a graph of the engine temperature while it's in the Ready state for about 15 minutes. The red line is the engine temperature. It starts at around 20C and rises to around 35C and then the engine stops. About four minutes later it starts again and rises to around 55C after running for about four minutes. It then stops again. Over the next seven minutes the temperature falls to around 45C and then the graph stops. Normal operating temperature is around 80-85C, so I shouldn't think there's much danger of it overheating.

image.thumb.jpeg.2bfc444a67b25a3a923b374c97a909bf.jpeg

Sorry the graph is so small. But if you click on it, you should be able to see it full size.

Incidentally, if you leave the heater/climate control turned on while the weather is cool, the engine will keep running until it has warmed up the cabin. Turn off the climate control if you don't want the engine to start so often.

How did you capture this data, it's fantastic! I've got an OBD2 adapter, but which software are you using?

Nick

2 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

How did you capture this data, it's fantastic! I've got an OBD2 adapter, but which software are you using?

The data is gathered by Hybrid Assistant, and its partner app Hybrid Reporter draws the graphs. Zotto reported in another thread a few days ago that Hybrid Reporter has now been integrated into Hybrid Assistant but I haven't tried the integrated version yet. Bear in mind that this is produced by a group of Italian enthusiasts and they only do an Android version so it isn't available for Iphone. They also list which OBD connectors have been tested and which ones they know don't work with their app.

I used the HA and HR app on my CT for 3 years via an OBD Link LX. Am now using it on my new  UX. Works no problem and provides a wealth of information. Certainly helps me try and get the best out of the Hybrid system. Certainly recommend it. While I am on anybody got a recommendation for a mobile phone holder siutable for the UX. The air vent one I had in the CT does not fit in the UX vents.

My UX purchased in Sept was made on 2nd March. Just installed latest map update it was 2020 V1. i spoke to Lexus connectivity this morning who informed there are two updates a year and the next update is due any time keep watching for update available. They said they dont get told when it will happen exactly.

Brent

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 12:16 PM, royoftherovers said:

Please bear in mind possible Insurance problems if one leaves the vehicle in  a READY state as it is the same as leaving the vehicle with the ignition on.

Always a good idea to sit in the Driver`s seat( and read the Handbook?)

Thats very good advice John exactly what i did.

Brent

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links