Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

thoughts on high mileage

What are your thoughts on NX300h with over 100k miles on the clock?

For my budget, I can get either:

- SE 70k miles

- Lux 80-90k miles

- Premier 115-125 miles

I currently drive 3k miles a year but suspect I will do 5k in a nicer car (more staycation holidays)

we share the car and having memory seats in the Premier is attractive.

I nearly always buy young high mileage cars whatever the brand.  As long as you do the usual checks the financial savings can be huge.  Just make sure the price reflects the mileage.

These days I do as many checks as possible via phone/photos/dvla etc before even considering viewing. 

Try to enjoy the buying experience as much as the eventual ownership!

• Like 2

I have just purchased a premier 2015 with 80k on the clock and it drives wonderfully. Absolute love the car and all the extras, beats my old newer Q3 i replaced , so long as it’s serviced with a main dealer the hybrid system is always under warranty 

• Like 1

The Toyota/Lexus hybrid system is pretty bulletproof. We have a Prius with over 180K that's been trouble-free, and no doubt there are RX400h owners with even higher mileages. On an different point, one advantage of the Luxury over the Premier is that the former has a rotary infotainment controller that imho is much easier to use, especially on the move, than the awful trackpad thing..

Interesting topic. I have always done the opposite, I.e. buy older cars with low mileage. I understand some of the possible pitfalls but I just feel that overall - suspension, wheel bearings, steering and engine has had less wear. It does depend on the car, as some makes seem to “age” quicker than others. Provided a Lexus has not been abused they seem to age well. 

Having only ever owned one new car, I have been reluctant to spend so much on a car just to see it depreciate faster than a roller coaster. Buying ”older” is also a risk. I am quite surprised how expensive newer Lexus models, with high mileages, can be.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, SJT said:

Try to enjoy the buying experience as much as the eventual ownership!

I fully appreciate what you mean. I find the search far more exciting than the ownership! But with a Lexus you can get both!

20 hours ago, Martin J said:

The Toyota/Lexus hybrid system is pretty bulletproof. We have a Prius with over 180K that's been trouble-free, and no doubt there are RX400h owners with even higher mileages. On an different point, one advantage of the Luxury over the Premier is that the former has a rotary infotainment controller that imho is much easier to use, especially on the move, than the awful trackpad thing..

I think that depends on the year of manufacture. Just been looking at a 2018 Luxury on the Lexus website and it has the trackpad. Anyone know when it changed? Any other views on the preference for the rotary controller versus the trackpad?

12 hours ago, JeffL said:

I think that depends on the year of manufacture. Just been looking at a 2018 Luxury on the Lexus website and it has the trackpad. Anyone know when it changed? Any other views on the preference for the rotary controller versus the trackpad?

The NX has always had a trackpad on the premium navigation system, as apposed to the inverted mouse found on some other models. The rotary controller is found on the non-premium nav models.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The NX has always had a trackpad on the premium navigation system, as apposed to the inverted mouse found on some other models. The rotary controller is found on the non-premium nav models.

Thanks Colin. So you are saying it's nothing to do with the NX Model choice of Luxury or Premier? It's a separate thing, depends on if Premium Navigation was chosen as an option when the vehicle is new?

3 hours ago, JeffL said:

Thanks Colin. So you are saying it's nothing to do with the NX Model choice of Luxury or Premier? It's a separate thing, depends on if Premium Navigation was chosen as an option when the vehicle is new?

Yes and no 😉

At launch the Premium Nav was standard with the Premier grade and optional on the F Sport. The lower grades didn't have this as an option, just whether to have standard nav or not.

1017724648_Screenshot2020-10-05at18_21_51.thumb.png.3dc05f3ac13cbbbc9d03972874c48ad8.png

When the Premium Pack came in as an option (late 2017) which included Premium Nav, again it was just offered on the F Sport and already standard on the Premier.

With the current grading system, which came out in 2019 for the NX (NX, F Sport, Takumi), the Premium Pack is standard on the F Sport and Takumi and also an option on the base grade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links