Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F: Adrian Flux vs Chris Knott

BillNick

Hi guys,

I just took out a policy for an RC-F with Adrian Flux which is a pretty good deal....However I then got a callback from Chris Knott which I forgot I requested and sods law, they beat it.

I think I will have to pay £30 to back out of the Adrian Flux policy (cover has not started).

Price difference is only £20, however Chris Knott is including key cover (AF is not) and is underwritten by LV...... Adrian Flux is underwritten by Markerstudy.

Anyone have experience dealing with and/or claiming through either of these underwriters?

If my gut feeling that LV is the better to deal with, then I will do the switch, however, I may ask Adrian Flux to match the £20 lower price and add key cover if there is no difference in underwriters.....

Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Hi guys,

I just took out a policy for an RC-F with Adrian Flux which is a pretty good deal....However I then got a callback from Chris Knott which I forgot I requested and sods law, they beat it.

I think I will have to pay £30 to back out of the Adrian Flux policy (cover has not started).

Price difference is only £20, however Chris Knott is including key cover (AF is not) and is underwritten by LV...... Adrian Flux is underwritten by Markerstudy.

Anyone have experience dealing with and/or claiming through either of these underwriters?

If my gut feeling that LV is the better to deal with, then I will do the switch, however, I may ask Adrian Flux to match the £20 lower price and add key cover if there is no difference in underwriters.....

Thoughts?

In due course Malc will give you his experience with AF which may convince you of the direction you should take!

I just looked up the underwriter on Trustpilot (MarkerStudy) and its not good at all - 1 star 😞

LVE tried and tested seem like a much better option.

Anyone have anything good to say about MarkerStudy??

Thanks

Bill

Adrian Flux used Trinity Insurance for me ( I think they own it but not sure )  and I had the most AWFUL EXPERIENCE with them, the insurer they put me with and the Claims Handler company

basically, they allowed an exaggerated and to my mind  fraudulent claim by the third party to be adjusted, omitting the fraudulent bit, after the initial claim by them was submitted,   so it " fitted " an ok claims profile and the Court Hearing that we were pursuing had to be dropped just a very few days before it was due to be heard before a Judge because THEY allowed the 3rd Party to change his claim to make it look sensible and ok

I wasted a couple of years of my life dealing with this and I would NEVER EVER EVER TRUST them again

They totally FAILED to look after me, their client

It's not necessarily the price you pay for the insurance cover it's the quality of the Claims Handling that counts and I was very very badly let down by them and theirs.

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BillNick said:

Chris Knott

In my opinion a very fine Broker that has been around for decades. I first used them in about 1991 for house insce etc. They were based in Hawkhurst

............. always polite and totally on the ball and searched the market well for good quotes

Malc

Cancelled my policy with AF this morning....they couldn't get a price from the same underwriter that Chris Knott was offering.

Will take out with Chris Knott as soon as my refund clears at the bank.

Thanks again for your input everyone.

• Like 1

Anyone ever used Perfomance Direct?

They just undercut Chris Knott by £100......policy is underwritten by Hiscox. Anyone had any dealings/claims with Hiscox?

......so I then called Chris Knott back and they matched Perfomance Direct. Going with CK as they are underwritten by LV.

• Like 1

Ive always been with Chris Knott

I have also claimed on them after my wife drove into a wall and everything was as smooth as ever. The policy is usually underwritten by Highway who are part of LV

• Like 1

Excellent LV= claim experience after minor car park damage, when the other party first accepted our goodwill cheque to settle, then claimed for the same event on his policy, which then pursued us via LV=.

LV=‘s sale to Allianz does not seem to have harmed their service level and premiums.

My experience with Adrian Flux has been terminal: they reneged on an LS600h quote by raising it substantially, when I arrived by train to collect the car. Fortunately the seller placed me on his fleet policy so I could drive 250 miles South then insure with LV= after the week-end. 

Marketxxx: the feedback is dreadful. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'm due in Jan, not looking forward to it, 38 and 15 years NCB, clean licence etc but Nottingham postcode. Currently with LV, its going to be another £800 I'm sure 😬

The Alfa was soooooooo much cheaper, even the Giulia Quadrafoglio was around half the price.

Will try Chris Knott.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links