this afternoon i had a mercedes van go into the side of me

i was quiet shaken by the incident here are some photos

rear quarter, rear passenger door dented, front passenger door scratched 

rear light cracked.

20201003_150424.jpg

20201003_150433.jpg

20201003_150437.jpg

• Sad 4

That's seriously annoying - when you've only recently got the car, too. Commiserations and sympathy. Doesn't look too bad, but that rear quarter will need some skilled panel beating.

• Like 1

Poor thing, if it's any consolation, it looks like the MB driver is completely at fault.

I can't image how you could possibly have been responsible for such an incident..

• Like 1

thanks for your comments

the GS is a sturdy old bus , on impact it was a gentle sway in true lexus style but the bang was loud

i think the mercedes came off a slip travelling too fast or they where in the left hand lane

and realised they should of been in the middle lane moved across and hit me.

the white line is the path i was taking

M53 Junction 3 accident location mercedes.jpg

street view m53 J3.jpg

• Like 1

Mark I am so sorry to hear that too, I hope everyone in the car are fine. Did the van stop and admit he is at fault?

Hopefully insurance process will be quick and painless! Good Luck!

only me in the car and he admitted it was his fault to me but not to my insurance company

my insurance company said i'll probably have a 5 series or an E class , just rub some salt into

my wounds with an mercedes plaster

• Sad 1

i have made another streetview image to hopefully help the insurance

you can see roughly where i was on the road and how speed and aqua

planning would of had him slide into the side me when he came off the slip road

the road markings lead straight into my lane.

streetview of M53 J3 accident location.jpg

Glad you are ok but even a small prang can upset you for quite a while. You have my sympathies as it is no fun. I just wondered if they will choose to right the car off? If it is a major repair does it become a category on the V5? Someone will advise on here?

If the car is repaired by the insurance company the log book will not be marked with any insurance category for the repair. If the insurance deem the repair to be uneconomical or there is serious frame damage the log book will be stamped accordingly, and the car written off.

When my car was being repaired They provided me with a new "21 miles on the clock" Mercedes E class diesel. I found the more I drove it the more I disliked it, and I had it for three months! 

John. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 200h said:

my insurance company said i'll probably have a 5 series or an E class , just rub some salt into

my wounds with an mercedes plaster

That really is the height of insensitivity. Glad that you're ok though.

Don't forget - when you approach a junction or want to turn off a main road or take a roundabout exit, German cars don't have those funny stalks which you push up and down to signal your intentions to other road users. Oh and the outside lanes of dual carriageways and motorways are yours for the duration of the car's loan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Britprius said:

If the car is repaired by the insurance company the log book will not be marked with any insurance category for the repair. If the insurance deem the repair to be uneconomical or there is serious frame damage the log book will be stamped accordingly, and the car written off.

When my car was being repaired They provided me with a new "21 miles on the clock" Mercedes E class diesel. I found the more I drove it the more I disliked it, and I had it for three months! 

John. 

Thanks John. Your last paragraph, I find with a Lexus the opposite. You drive it, it is ok but after living with the car you begin to fully appreciate how good they actually are. Understated / underrated / conservative / refined are just some of the words that come into my head.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Don't forget - when you approach a junction or want to turn off a main road or take a roundabout exit, German cars don't have those funny stalks which you push up and down to signal your intentions to other road users. Oh and the outside lanes of dual carriageways and motorways are yours for the duration of the car's loan.

Sadly James, this is so true! I would add mini drivers to the Merc/Audi/BMW list!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mincey said:

i think mercedes uses the same autopilot system as tesla as the tesla system doesn't see jacknifed lorries across the road

my car is off to the bodyshop tomorrow afternoon hopefully they

wont have my car too long, the body shop i have chosen repairs

merseyside police vehicles so hopefully the repairs will be good,

i then rang enterprise to let them know when i'd need a courtesy

car from, Aviva hadn't informed enterprise i needed one so i've

been getting the courtesy car sorted this afternoon.

• Like 1

Good luck with the repair. Is your car Sonic Titanium? If it is, then I fear it’s a difficult paint to get correct and match, being a 5 layer paint job. So make sure you check the match carefully from all angles and light and that the blend is good also. I’ve had two Lexus cars repaired by the Bristol Lexus approved body shop (Audi) following people hitting our cars. They were both Arctic Pearl and the match and blend wasn’t very good at all. 

Hope all goes ok for you Mark Some of those Van drivers they charge about thinking they only people that  are allowed on road and wehave to put up with it

It makes me so mad 

Robert

he had his son in the front seat he was about 6 / 7 years of age

there was no sign writing on the van so it may of been a privately owned van

There are no parts prices for the rear quarter panel, door skins, light cluster and bumper on Toyodiy.

Given the multi panel damage and the paint colour it going to be close between repair and write off, if the repair shop have a good traditional panel beater that would help.

my car is at the garage for repair, just from looking at it about £6500 to repair

i have a courtesy car off enterprise its a 69 plate A5 Quattro 4.0 tdi

all i can say is its definately not like a lexus.

When my car was hit my insurers arranged everything in under one hour. This included the loan car delivered to me, and a fully comp separate insurance with no excess or penalties if the loan car was damaged at no cost to me. I never had to contact them after the initial phone call, and a personal claim handler kept me up to date a couple of times a week on how things were progressing. 
My car was collected from my house on a single vehicle carrier, and was covered with a car cover before leaving.
There was a considerable delay in the repair because a new door had to be ordered from Japan, and this was on back order. This could not be helped by the insurer, but they did keep me well informed of the situation.
The insurer was "and still is" Saga.

John.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links