Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking about buying an SC430 - any tips

eddiea1

To be totally unbiased on the subject ..as I understand it the road tax could be around the £280 a year for imports, compared with U.K pre 21st March 2006 being £330 and after that date £550 😳

would I buy an import ..yes if it was a colour and trim combination not sold over here and the price was right .

• Like 2

Good to know thanks - that is very helpful. I notice the price of the imports is very high. Probably best to stick with a UK model then.

I am not in any rush so will wait for a good one to come along. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eddiea1 said:

Good to know thanks - that is very helpful. I notice the price of the imports is very high. Probably best to stick with a UK model then.

I am not in any rush so will wait for a good one to come along. 🙂

Unlike Bob , i would not buy an import even for cosmetic reasons . The different sat nav ,spec ,radio,Decals, speedo etc  on the buttons and mini player all would be a disadvantage from my prospective .Colour is only a secondary consideration for me . I don't buy a car for others to admire . I buy to sit in it and enjoy the mechanical properties and ambience .and go for spins to nice places . My silver car would not have been my first choice , but its nice . I might respray it this year to my favourite Honda moonrock just as a project and because I can . Enjoying your car takes many different forms and everybody's opinion are valid . Hope you enjoy yours when you get it !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retail money should be around £11k but as they don’t come along very often it’s a sellers market . Observations....it’s got Dunlop’s all round but one is a sports maxx and the other 3 sports 2030’s so that needs to be matched up.

the SC430 needs to be serviced every year so it should have 15 stamps in the book, dealer is calling it full service history with 9 stamps 🙄

Body looks good as do the wheels , interior also looks very good.....so it’s all down to if the dealer will budge on the price .He sold SC430’s in the past so he knows their value .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

Retail money should be around £11k but as they don’t come along very often it’s a sellers market . Observations....it’s got Dunlop’s all round but one is a sports maxx and the other 3 sports 2030’s so that needs to be matched up.

the SC430 needs to be serviced every year so it should have 15 stamps in the book, dealer is calling it full service history with 9 stamps 🙄

Body looks good as do the wheels , interior also looks very good.....so it’s all down to if the dealer will budge on the price .He sold SC430’s in the past so he knows their value .

Even last summer when I bought.............. the book retail value as quoted by auto trader was 2-3 grand below what the cars at that time were going for . The market dictates the price , not the evaluation within the trade . I rarely look at the " bluebook" price because you would never buy one if you expect to get it at those figures . I really don't know what they base it on . Not one of the cars last year were any where near their evaluation ........

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, Marco SC430 said:

Hi Eddie - I've messaged you. I might be looking to sell my SC430 once we are out of lockdown. It's a 2003 model with only 68k on the clock - lovely car - second one I've owned.

IMG_20200509_144357.jpg

Thanks Marco check your inbox