Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Aircon/heater unpleasant smell

Flavor612

Hi folks,

I'm an IS250 (2007) owner and really need a bit of help from you in regard to a not very pleasant smell that gets into the cabin every time I switch the aircon or heating on. I don't want to just go to a local garage asking for advice as they might see an opportunity to come up with a load of nonsense in an attempt to squeeze a small fortune out of me for a problem which may possible be quite minor. Please advise

• Like 1

First thing to check is the pollen filter as the chances are it has never been replaced.

Check the front carpets in the footwell area for dampness indicating a heater matrix leak.

Then get yourself an AC anti bacterial aerosol. Set the AC to fully cold, open all the vents then set off the aerosol as per the instructions.

I think you can also buy them where you blow it into the fresh air intakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Make sure you put the H/V system in 're-circ' mode before trying to access filter in back of glove box or you may force/break the mechanism!

image.png

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links