Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for an RX350 2007-2009

A-Rod

Hello All,

I have been on these forums since 2012, when I first bought my 2005 IS200 Sport - Lexus have proved to be one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

Having done tons of research, I have decided to look for a 2008-2009 RX350 model but they are non existent on the net - only 2006 models. Is there a for sale section on these forums to find someone with an 08-09 RX350? The RX400h are very popular. More popular than the RX350.

The reason I wish to avoid an RX400h is because I'm afraid of falling in the hybrid Battery fault zone where I'd need to fork out £3k or more to fit new hybrid Battery.

Hi Den.

Where in the world are you? In the UK I'm pretty sure we didn't get the RX350 as late as that. Horrendously expensive to tax over here post 06. I can also say that in the last 3 or 4 years that I've been browsing Lexus forums I've never come across a 400h that has needed replacement batteries due to fault. Not saying it doesn't happen but extremely unlikely.

• Like 2

Hi Den.
Where in the world are you? In the UK I'm pretty sure we didn't get the RX350 as late as that. Horrendously expensive to tax over here post 06. I can also say that in the last 3 or 4 years that I've been browsing Lexus forums I've never come across a 400h that has needed replacement batteries due to fault. Not saying it doesn't happen but extremely unlikely.
Hi, thank you for your message. I will begin browsing this forum for feedback about 400h as the ones that came up on Google were mainly within the US, who have experienced some horrible hybrid system failures on their 400h - I don't know whether their market may be in receipt of a slightly different model (?).

I'm based in Cambridgeshire. I'm not fussed about tax as both of my previous cars were over £560 in tax p/a. I would of course liked to have paid less, so am looking into those avenues too.

I will peruse this forum to see what people say about 400h models, as ideally I wanted to get an 08-09 model and was discounted in the UK after 06 reg then I'll leave it.

38 minutes ago, A-Rod said:

Hi, thank you for your message. I will begin browsing this forum for feedback about 400h as the ones that came up on Google were mainly within the US, who have experienced some horrible hybrid system failures on their 400h - I don't know whether their market may be in receipt of a slightly different model (?).

I'm based in Cambridgeshire. I'm not fussed about tax as both of my previous cars were over £560 in tax p/a. I would of course liked to have paid less, so am looking into those avenues too.

I will peruse this forum to see what people say about 400h models, as ideally I wanted to get an 08-09 model and was discounted in the UK after 06 reg then I'll leave it.

Don't ignore "good" RX 300 models. They will be older but cheaper (£320) on Road Tax

• Like 1

Don't ignore "good" RX 300 models. They will be older but cheaper (£320) on Road Tax

Thank you. I've just noticed a new advert on eBay for a 2008 RX350. Now that's what I call coincidence. Sadly, this model is very basic and doesn't even come with a satnav - not that I'm fussed about the nav, I'm more bothered about the cheap looking LCD display that looks like it came out of an Avensis / Corolla.    

May I please ask if there is much point in going for an RX400h facelift against pre facelift? I can only assume that a facelift is a lot more refined and has small tweaks to the looks, i.e. grille or what not. I'm just concerned about these pre 2008 models hitting 12-15 years now and the original hybrid batteries won't really last much longer as their official span was circa 12 years until cells begin to die off and lose its capabilities. I'm following another thread here about a guy looking to get a new RX and asked some questions there too.

Thanks

P.S. I've realised that it is your thread where I have posted haha

On 10/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, A-Rod said:

Thank you. I've just noticed a new advert on eBay for a 2008 RX350. Now that's what I call coincidence. Sadly, this model is very basic and doesn't even come with a satnav - not that I'm fussed about the nav, I'm more bothered about the cheap looking LCD display that looks like it came out of an Avensis / Corolla.    May I please ask if there is much point in going for an RX400h facelift against pre facelift? I can only assume that a facelift is a lot more refined and has small tweaks to the looks, i.e. grille or what not. I'm just concerned about these pre 2008 models hitting 12-15 years now and the original hybrid batteries won't really last much longer as their official span was circa 12 years until cells begin to die off and lose its capabilities. I'm following another thread here about a guy looking to get a new RX and asked some questions there too.

Thanks

P.S. I've realised that it is your thread where I have posted haha

Hi A-Rod

I have just joined the forum and happened to see that you might be interest in a Lexus RX-350? Is this still the case? I might consider selling mine if we can come to and agreement on price. 

Mine is the top of the line RX350 SE-L with all the added extras. Lots of service history. Just had all the brakes replaced, M.O.T. booked in for next week.

Let me know if you might be interested.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, A-Rod said:

• 8 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links