Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty

Hello everyone, I have just bought a 2013 Lexus RX450h from a non Lexus dealer and looking through the paperwork I found the paperwork for a Lexus extended warranty until November 2021,

does anyone know if the warranty stays with the vehicle and can be transferred to the new owner or not.

I was in the Lexus dealer today showed them the contract but they could not advise me as they said that did not know, they are a relatively new Lexus dealership and were only Toyota previously, I cannot find any contact details on the contract

Is a LexusCare Extended Warranty
transferable?
Yes, the LexusCare Extended Warranty are
fully transferable if the person to whom you
sell or give the Protected Vehicle does not
buy, sell or repair cars by way of business.
For a 25 fee, a new owner can enjoy the
same benefits if you decide to sell your car
during the warranty’s lifetime – giving a
genuine boost to the car’s resale value.
• How do you claim?

RAY---I`ve taken this from the Extended Warranty explanation text on the Lexus website.

Go and put your Lexus into the My Lexus on the uk website.  you will need some details off the V5.  that should then load up all the services, any other work etc and the extended warranty against the car.

Called Lexus Aftercare Warranty they will not transfer remaining 13 months warranty as I purchased a car from a dealer, so anyone buying a used Lexus beware warranty NOT transferable as they state in their guidelines.

5 minutes ago, Old Git said:

Called Lexus Aftercare Warranty they will not transfer remaining 13 months warranty as I purchased a car from a dealer, so anyone buying a used Lexus beware warranty NOT transferable as they state in their guidelines.

Miserable so*s Ray. Did I miss something--what guidelines?

Hi John it was in the extended warranty explanation FAQ's the part you referred to:

transferable?

9 minutes ago, Old Git said:

Hi John it was in the extended warranty explanation FAQ's the part you referred to:

transferable?

Sorry to have misled you Ray. I did read that, then forgot you bought from a Trader.

• Like 1

Heard back today from Customer Relations, unfortunately they say as I bought the car from a dealer and not from a private sale they cannot transfer the Warranty, although I cannot see what difference it makes.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Old Git said:

I plan to take out the extended warranty well worth it for peace of mind, but it is annoying as you say paid twice for a years cover, never mind enjoying the Lexus.

An excellent decision to take out the Extended Warranty. Do read the Terms and Conditions as the deal offers a lot which could be useful if you are out in your Q3 and it breaks down (sorry!).

By the way, nobody paid twice. Lexus received it twice through the fault of the previous owner. It would have been good to know why he sold the Lexus and did not buy another one and not forgo the balance of the Warranty.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links