Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kind of knew it was gonna happen........

But still sad non the less,

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lexus-ceases-uk-imports-ct-and-rc

That means even less to choose from now, still think they made a big mistake by not bringing the 'refreshed' IS here even though the reasons is the ES was outselling the IS.

Was actually thinking of a RC coupe seems like even if there is a new one, we may not get it !!! Toyota better bring the new 86 coupe here and not follow the same route as Nissan by not bringing the '400z' !!!

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Agree with all you say Rus.

It seems to me that currently the new Toyota Corolla Hybrid is the one to go for. Even the gentlemen of the Press seem to warm to it.

I like the new Corolla's much better looking than alot of the competitors glad Toyota didn't do what Nissan did by offering mostly SUV's ! Now all Toyota need is a Corolla GRMN !

• Like 1

Well I've just read that Autocar article and it blew me away. Personally I'm gobsmacked by the decision but what do I know. Mind you if money wasn't an issue the new Lexus cars I'd buy aren't affected. But I bet there's a good few who are disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, McRattlehead said:

I must say i prefer Toyota's new style theme to the Lexus gaping maw look,the new Yaris is a funky looking little car,Corolla quite neat,the CHR is pretty sharp,and imo the Camry looks better than the ES.

My view too Ian.

The Aygo is one helluva little car. Had one for a day whilst I had my is250's paintwork sorted. I agree the new corolla is a good looking car as is the camry. Yes camry better looking than ES. Personally as far as the CHR is concerned I care not for it. To me UX whips its *****.

• Like 2

I like the Corolla too. Have a 2015 Auris TS Hybrid with 30k miles now.

Wish Toyota offered lighter more airy interiors than mostly all black and better equipped corolla like memory front seats and electric. Probably don't want to tread on Lexus's toes.

Wouldn't say no to a Corolla TS 1.8 in Denim Blue! In Icon Teck or Design trim.

I like Lexus as a brand too, but find estates suit me better.

James.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well I've just read that Autocar article and it blew me away. Personally I'm gobsmacked by the decision but what do I know. Mind you if money wasn't an issue the new Lexus cars I'd buy aren't affected. But I bet there's a good few who are disappointed. 

For my next car I would of liked to check out the new IS in few years time or even a RC coupe but I always liked the GT86 even the current one I always liked since it came out in 2012 so I guess I most likely consider the new 86 (even though I don't even know what it looks like yet) that's been confirmed along with the BRZ  - just hope Toyota (and Subaru) won't be stupid and say they are concentrating on suv's or hybrid instead and not bring the new GT86 here and yeah I agree if money was not issue those cars like the LC / LS aren't affected

2 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

I like the Corolla too. Have a 2015 Auris TS Hybrid with 30k miles now.

Wish Toyota offered lighter more airy interiors than mostly all black and better equipped corolla like memory front seats and electric. Probably don't want to tread on Lexus's toes.

Wouldn't say no to a Corolla TS 1.8 in Denim Blue! In Icon Teck or Design trim.

I like Lexus as a brand too, but find estates suit me better.

James.

You can get the new RAV4 in the Excel spec with memory drivers seat and seats in beige leather which I quite fancy as a possible alternative to the NX.

29 minutes ago, JeffL said:

You can get the new RAV4 in the Excel spec with memory drivers seat and seats in beige leather which I quite fancy as a possible alternative to the NX.

Was at my local Toyota dealer for 4 hours yesterday as having AC condenser replaced under warranty after over 2 months waiting for condenser on back order and Auris recall done. I quite like the RAV4 Hybrid. They had a base Icon 17 plate. Looked nice in Burgundy! 38K miles and 17k. Also had 2 69 plate in business edition/design for £31k. Out of my budget and currently happy with my Auris. 

James👍

I'm very much enjoying my UX and chose it over the IS because the car was clearly very old tech, both in-car and under the bonnet. If the new IS had been coming to the UK, that could have been a serious contender. I'm afraid the ES is just too big - it's more car than I need and I'm not a fan of how the Lexus styling works across those larger areas of sheetmetal.

Shame.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

I had a top-of the range Hybrid Corolla as a courtesy car recently, genuinely impressed, it was a lovely car. Very comfortable, lots of toys, just a nice place to be. Felt a bit nostalgic as I previously had a 1.3L Corolla, which I really loved.

MIL just collected a brand new Yaris hybrid yesterday.

Noted that electric motors were nowhere near as silent as my Lexus. When moving on the drive it sounded like a wind turbine.

And she hates the electric handbrake button, and it is bigger than previous Yaris, and the colour choice is limited.

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

MIL just collected a brand new Yaris hybrid yesterday.

Noted that electric motors were nowhere near as silent as my Lexus. When moving on the drive it sounded like a wind turbine.

And she hates the electric handbrake button, and it is bigger than previous Yaris, and the colour choice is limited.

Have it checked over by Toyota pronto Steve, in case PDI has not been completed satisfactorily.

Does the electric handbrake need to be used, given that she will always leave transmission in P ?