Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shock Absorber/ Dampeners

Spetmode

Hi all, my name's jack and I'm new to the is200 game. I recently bought my mates 2002 is200 SportsCross. When he had the car he swapped the suspension with the coil overs from his of lexus that was being parted out. Well now I have it and we've put standard struts with cut springs on for now. But I'm looking to either go coil overs or lowering springs.

But my question is, if I got lowering springs are there any preffered or recommended shocks I should use them with? As I don't wanna use the ones I have as they are leaking and I want a slightly stiffer more rigid ride 

Also does anyone else know the standard ride height of the sportscross as I don't have complete full springs to measure to decide ride height. 

Sorry in advance if this has been asked too many times, or makes me seem a bit dim. Just thought I'd asked before just jumping in 

Thank you in advance for your help

Picture is of how I got given the car,  don't hold back on the insults. I'm not a snowflake 

Screenshot_20201011-034255.jpg

Welcome to the LOC jack, that's a rare car you've got there!  When you get to a certain age the higher the car the easier it is to get out, so mine go up rather than down!  Hopefully someone will come along with your answer.

Hi jack and welcome to the LOC.

I was going to suggest a set of aftermarket adjustable coil overs but after looking further the Sports Cross appears to be different so the correct fitting parts may be hard to obtain.

The car was known in Japan as the Toyota Altezza Gita so it may be worth looking down that route for parts.