Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H CUSTOM EXHAUST IDEAS

I am getting a custom stainless exhaust fitted next month but not sure whether to go for a single exit, dual exit or quad and not sure how the sound would be by adding either a dual sports resonator or none ? 

anyone here have it done ?

i just think a v6 should be heard "not to loud" but enough people know im there.

I quite like the look of this rx ?

rx dual.jpg

my engine seems to run most of the time especially when i am on the dual carriageway to work, when you pull away i like the sound now but to muffled. 

can't help it , i'm a reformed petrolhead .😁😁😁

• Like 2

I was probably one of 3 people in the world that did that to their GS450h and now I'm thinking about doing that to ReX. There aren't many videos on YouTube (0 actually), of anyone doing that to RX450h, but there are some of RX350 which has a similar petrol V6, 2GR-FE vs 2GR-FSE in 450h. On GS the petrol V6 did cut in more often than on ReX tho 

7 hours ago, BartLexusFan said:

I was probably one of 3 people in the world that did that to their GS450h and now I'm thinking about doing that to ReX. There aren't many videos on YouTube (0 actually), of anyone doing that to RX450h, but there are some of RX350 which has a similar petrol V6, 2GR-FE vs 2GR-FSE in 450h. On GS the petrol V6 did cut in more often than on ReX tho 

Yes the GS 450h engine was highly tuned compared to the version fitted to the RX.

i still miss my 450h seven years after I sold it. Especially when I remember how I embarrass one BMW 535d owner on the m25 in the days when there were no cameras

• Like 1

I was talking to guy who had a rx400h with a custom stainless system on it. He`d bought the car knowing it needed an exhaust very soon. Went for a stainless system instead of one from lexus. It sounded lovely when he pulled away. Sporty without being too loud. I doubt he could hear the exhaust with the windows up.

For myself, when you are behind a car with a quad exhaust system you expect it to have the GO to match but with the standard exhaust system those behind, if they don't know think it just a lower powered car ... until you put your foot down .. I prefer that .. bit like a wolf in sheep's clothing.