Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheers Herbs, a very comprehensive and informative answer. Thank-you.

I have a jump start pack which I keep in the boot and I think I will  have to get into the habit of  charging it with my CTEK if I have not used  the car  for more than a week. Might look into a solar charger which I can leave permanently on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Well said, yet again Herbie.

In quieter times Herbie I strongly suggest that you seek medical advice as too much repetition cannot be good for the soul!

I should keep it in a Word document so that I can just copy and paste :laughing:

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 11:03 AM, johnatg said:

Applies to cars produced 2005-2014

See here:

https://car-recalls.eu/recall/lexus-gs450h-2005-2014/

Not sure how I missed this post.

Thanks for the info John.

Strange that I have had no word on mine and the DVLA Mot history website claims no outstanding recalls.

7 hours ago, johnatg said:

I think the MoT site recall list is only safety recalls - I guess they don't regard a battery drain problem as a safety related issue.

I agree, but surely a potential fuel leak (as mentioned in the recall) is a potential safety issue.

I'm afraid the confusion comes because I have somewhat derailed Robert's thread :blushing:

10 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I agree, but surely a potential fuel leak (as mentioned in the recall) is a potential safety issue.

I'm afraid the confusion comes because I have somewhat derailed Robert's thread :blushing:

Have you checked the "my Lexus" section on the website ?

• Like 1

I have and got the following:

"We are pleased to confirm that your Lexus is not affected by any voluntary customer service campaigns or outstanding safety recalls and no further action is required."

Oh well, I suppose I could give them a call but I suspect the result will be the same.

I will probably just wait for now and ask them at my next service.

• Like 1

OK prices mentioned above are scary \00/  You can guess why I was looking at this thread - an AA monitoring dongle basically kept draining the Battery (now permanently removed) - using a jump start pack the car would start straight away but needed running every week.  Catch was someone drove in to my car in a private car park - all amicably sorted out by them and their insurance however the repairers just rang me over the Battery - now will no longer take a charge (didn't realise it was a gel type until they said - now surprised it lasted this long) - the repairers just want £98+VAT with no charge for fitting - I can get it slightly cheaper but I think I might go for it as from the above it is a very good price and saves me the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been out of circulation for a while due to PC going  bang i had to get a repair done but shop had to close

Regarding the fuel pump recall they had to take out rear seats to get to  Low Pressure Fuel pump and replace it they also put in 30 pounds worth of fuel

I have not noticed any difference in the running of car

Service manager said some of the GS s and RX s had a bad batch of Fuel pumps that were bad and would have resulted in a shutdown of the pump leading to a bad situation if on the motorway at 70 plus

but in truth my car is no different after the refit

Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links