Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That’s a nice car you have.

I took the Celsior out yesterday to see if my attempted speedo repair ( reading low) had been cured ( it hasn’t but any help appreciated)

Just got up the road on the estate and a new nearby neighbour with his son waved me down.

Passenger window down.

”That’s a very nice car you have.....my son’s into cars and we actually know what car yours is”

”Thank you very much I try to look after it”

”Yes it is in good condition you don’t see many Toyota Carinas around now especially a V8 one”

Window up and drive off fully insulted, a Moon Pig Toyota CELSIOR Christmas card for them then! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

V8 Carinas were a rare beast indeed. Make sure you do look after yours Steve.

I had a blue Toyota Carina 1.6 GL estate as a company car in the early eighties, metallic blue.

Even then they were light years ahead of the completion regarding reliability and specification.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

One day your Celsior might be worth as much as this...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1275431

If these prices are anything to go by it already is 😀

Also bearing in mind there are VAT, import duty and registration on top of these prices!

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-toyota-celsior-for-sale?minYear=1990&maxYear=1994

I remember a while ago ( maybe the early 80's ) I decided I wanted a driving tour of South Africa, for a month ....... ( since then my usual holiday periods I guess :wink3: ) and the hire car at  Pretoria was a Toyota Corolla .....  fabulous car to me, hardly heard of Toyota at that time ......  disappointment was half way thru they had to change it for a replacement, it had a " rattle or summat ", at Durban, dropping off at Cape Town airport ......  the replacement Corolla was blissful :thumbsup:

Malc

Look at it another way, your car is so rare most people don't know what it is.  That's why I love having a Toyota badge instead of Lexus!  Someone was asking me about my LS400 some years ago saying "what is it, about 2 litre"?  It's all a very well kept secret.  Another LS400 has appeared locally as well, I've seen it for four weeks, a V reg mint MK4 so when I get the chance maybe I should ask about their Carina!

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

If these prices are anything to go by it already is 😀

Also bearing in mind there are VAT, import duty and registration on top of these prices!

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-toyota-celsior-for-sale?minYear=1990&maxYear=1994

How can a 93 Celsior only have 5.5k miles?  You have to wonder why some Japanese buy cars!  And the underside still has new coloured nuts and bolts, amazing!

54 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Those examples on that site are superb and are a retro bargain if someone is looking to buy a classic car I am intrigued that one of them as gps fitted in a 93 and it looks original.

Did you see the one with 1 million kms? on the clock ?

14 hours ago, The-Acre said:

And the underside still has new coloured nuts and bolts, amazing!

hope it doesn't glow in the dark from the nuclear fallout all those years back !

Malc

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Those examples on that site are superb and are a retro bargain if someone is looking to buy a classic car I am intrigued that one of them as gps fitted in a 93 and it looks original.

The  other 1994  Celsior I had was factory fitted Sat Nav, great for travelling around the suburbs of Tokyo 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links