Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone share where they have bought their F Sport Intake kit from?

Also, is the part number PTR03-53100 ?

I've seen a few sellers on eBay in the US, but I'll be looking at around £400 odd after import charges and delivery.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I believe that is the correct part code. I don't think you have much choice other than to import from the US - it was a Lexus US aftermarket option, not directly available in the UK.
Thanks, I'll hold out and hopefully a used one comes up!

2 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Got mine from a US seller on eBay.

Total cost incl. Customs charges (they were automatically calculated during checkout process) was $362, which was about £260 at the time.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

How long ago was this?

Also, do you know which seller on eBay?

9 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Cant remember if I mentioned it or not, but you have a K&N panel filter in the OEM air box.....FYI

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm looking for a bit of slight induction sound, if possible. It's not essential but would be nice! 😎

Just now, BillNick said:

Does the FSport intake have a different box then?

It's slightly different, with smoothed out internals and different piping. I'm sure it's not wildly different, but like the idea of it and it looks fantastic (even though it lives in the engine bay where I won't see it!)

The F Sport after-market parts were only made for the US. Try to find someone who will ship it marked as used or write a lower price? A friend got me mine in a luggage - just the panel filter and the lower air box. Still did not fit it though. 

The F Sport after-market parts were only made for the US. Try to find someone who will ship it marked as used or write a lower price? A friend got me mine in a luggage - just the panel filter and the lower air box. Still did not fit it though. 
Thanks for this, I've gathered it was US only recently.

I'll just stump up the cash, was hoping someone might have one for sale or know somewhere else I could get one. Are you selling your parts?

Not selling sorry! Waiting to blank the EGR, remove the DPF, service and remap. Then will fit. Your best bet would be lexuspartsnow in the US. Ask them maybe they can arrange something for you. They've been helpful for myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bondis said:

Not selling sorry! Waiting to blank the EGR, remove the DPF, service and remap. Then will fit. Your best bet would be lexuspartsnow in the US. Ask them maybe they can arrange something for you. They've been helpful for myself. 

Thanks, I'll give them a go!

• Like 1

I did the JoeZ aluminium pipe and modded lower airbox mod back in 2010 here: https://is-250.blogspot.com/p/joe-z-direct-air-flow-intake-d-afi.html. Was very pleased with it. It's essentially the same as the F Sport intake.

Recently though I sold the Joe Z pipe and upgraded to the 3IS OEM F-Sport pipe which comes with the new Lexus sound generator. The good thing about this is that it's OEM and comes with FSport models of the 3IS (Non-hybrid) and hence much easier to source. The sound generator is basically a diaphragm positioned stragically to provide intake sound into the cabin. If you are on instagram you can check out my F Sport sound generator highlight story here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17965072861322018/

• Like 1

I did the JoeZ aluminium pipe and modded lower airbox mod back in 2010 here: https://is-250.blogspot.com/p/joe-z-direct-air-flow-intake-d-afi.html. Was very pleased with it. It's essentially the same as the F Sport intake.
Recently though I sold the Joe Z pipe and upgraded to the 3IS OEM F-Sport pipe which comes with the new Lexus sound generator. The good thing about this is that it's OEM and comes with FSport models of the 3IS (Non-hybrid) and hence much easier to source. The sound generator is basically a diaphragm positioned stragically to provide intake sound into the cabin. If you are on instagram you can check out my F Sport sound generator highlight story here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17965072861322018/
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I'm not looking to go for the aftermarket approach on the intake, although I must say it looks interesting!

I think I'll just end up sourcing one from the states for now.

Your instagram story is unavailable for me I'm afraid.

No worries, the 3IS intake isn't aftermarket. It's genuine lexus intake with same sound if not better that comes with all F sport petrol models of the 3rd gen IS. Whereas the fsport metal pipe is an optional accessory for the American market, all explained in my Instagram highlight story. Not sure why you are not able to see it though.

7 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

No worries, the 3IS intake isn't aftermarket. It's genuine lexus intake with same sound if not better that comes with all F sport petrol models of the 3rd gen IS. Whereas the fsport metal pipe is an optional accessory for the American market, all explained in my Instagram highlight story. Not sure why you are not able to see it though.

I just tried the video again and it works, great sound clip at the end.

Sorry, I meant the Joe-Z as aftermarket. I did read about the Lexus Sound Generator, perhaps I should purchase that instead. Good to finally hear a clip of it.