Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A funny thing happened to me at the supermarket.

After a full service of my 94 LS400 I was after some time finally able to go to a local supermarket for some supplies. (Been off the road for over a month).

I am living and working in Netherlands and without the car I have been biking where I needed to be.

I did my shopping, loaded the car up and as I was pulling out of my parking space, someone just walked in front of me. 

I stopped, gave a little toot on the horn, which really made said person jump.

He turned round and shouted (Translated from Dutch), F**king electric cars.

So I opened the window and said sorry, this is a 4ltr quad cam V8 petrol engine, not electric.

Made me laugh.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

I had a similar thing about the quietness when parking up and running colleagues to lunch but it was comments asking me if it was a hybrid because it was a Lexus. I think people don't realise quite how old the car is! I mean if it was a hybrid in 1993 the world would be a different place now!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had a similar experience when leaving a car park in Hampshire a couple of years ago. 

A couple of women walking along the road, totally oblivious to me being behind them.  😁

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links