Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 minute ago, ajchetcuti said:

What's the backstory here?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

He was prosecuted twice for selling unroadworthy vehicles and other matters and received a suspended prison sentence. He makes out he is a private seller to avoid his statutory consumer requirements.

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/news/second-prosecution-lands-dudley-car-trader-suspended-prison-sentence/

Well ! that is one bad bad MOT record, the worst I have seen for such a genuine low mileage car. I have never been a lover of the all wood interior look, still there is a consistency in that the exterior is as rough as the outside.  You have all been warned.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Paul Brooksbank said:

Is this being applied to him currently?

No idea, the jail sentence was suspended for 18 months from last conviction in September 2019 according to the report link.

Hopefully Trading Standards will investigate the breach under the Consumer Rights Act as to why he has not disclosed he is a motor trader.

You must not falsely claim,
or create the impression, that you are acting for purposes unrelated to your business or falsely represent yourself as a private seller (banned practice 22). For example, a second-
hand car dealer puts a used car on or near a road and displays
a handwritten advertisement reading ‘One careful owner. Good family run-around. £2,000 or nearest offer. Call jack on 07734 765890.’ The advertisement gives the impression that the seller is not selling as a trader, and would breach the CPRs.

16 hours ago, steve2006 said:

No idea, the jail sentence was suspended for 18 months from last conviction in September 2019 according to the report link.

Hopefully Trading Standards will investigate the breach under the Consumer Rights Act as to why he has not disclosed he is a motor trader.

You must not falsely claim,
or create the impression, that you are acting for purposes unrelated to your business or falsely represent yourself as a private seller (banned practice 22). For example, a second-
hand car dealer puts a used car on or near a road and displays
a handwritten advertisement reading ‘One careful owner. Good family run-around. £2,000 or nearest offer. Call Jack on 07734 765890.’ The advertisement gives the impression that the seller is not selling as a trader, and would breach the CPRs.

Let West Midlands Trading Standards know about it as I get the impression when I have spoken to them were praying that he wont change his ways and they will see him go inside. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Greer said:

Alan,. I think you've misunderstood my post - I checked >the reg number< from the link on the first post on the DVLA web site history check, >the reg number< comes up as a Renault Master van, the MOT expired in Feb 2010, it's all there on DVLA site.

ok,thanks Alan.

Oh dear seems the police, magistrates courts, trading standards and many of his poor customers are all wrong. 

He has had to change his eBay name so many times because before he found out that selling as a classified ad means they cant leave you feedback.

He is living under the cloud of a suspended prison sentence.

Someone who sells as many cars as he does on eBay makes him a trader and a very dodgy one.

2 hours ago, Greer said:

The add at the first post link is not a private seller and he or she makes that clear, if you look (properly) it says quote:

''This is a classified ad listing. There is no bidding on this item, so contact the seller for more information. Seller Feedback scores exclude classified listings''

This is not the first time or person (as far as I know) who has been slagged off on this forum for selling Lexus cars, that raises many questions in any fair persons mind! I cant remember off-hand what the other persons username was right now.

Alan you don’t have to be a business to put a “Classified Ad” on eBay anyone can do it from the options of an auction listing, buy it now and classified.

I also speak from my personal experiences with this guy knowing without doubt his court convictions are of safe standing and yet he continues to breach Consumer Rights Laws by failing to clearly disclose he is a motor trader thus depriving potential buyers of their statutory rights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harrylime said:

He's obviously dodgy, but I can't say he's misrepresenting himself as a private seller in that ad. It's blatantly obvious to anyone that he is a dealer.

But as a “dealer” you cannot put things like “sold as seen” or “No warranty given or implied” Dealers have to follow statutory law, in this case the Consumer Rights Act.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links