Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here’s an example of what a (hopefully) legitimate car dealer would display on each listing. “Motors Dealer”

Then take a look at our Dudley dealers contact details, it is apparently an eBay requirement that business sellers provide full contact information but this is obviously not enforced.

E914460B-49C6-44E2-95FC-1192DBEC7A8E.png

AF13A3A6-FD1D-461A-9613-CDD04320B973.png

46 minutes ago, Greer said:

I am not sure that is the case if your selling just cars >if< you have some history of selling cars commercialy

24 minutes ago, Greer said:

Ebays conditions for car dealers.

Ebay:

The fees for listing and selling a vehicle on eBay Motors are different to those in other categories, but the overall structure is the same. We charge a listing fee (also known as an insertion fee) when you create your listing and a final value fee when your vehicle is sold. You'll also pay fees for any optional listing upgrades and supplemental services you use.

Motors vehicles listings are those within the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles categories.

Are you selling vehicle parts and accessories? The fees are different for parts, accessories, automotive tools, and supplies. Read our articles on:
Fees for private sellers
Fees for business sellers

Motors fees for private sellers

The following fees are inclusive of VAT and apply when you list in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles category. Listing fees and fees for any optional listing upgrades you choose are charged whether or not your item sells.

20 minutes ago, Greer said:

Can you please give me the >precise< area of ebay you mean the above is written (by ebay)?

I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make??

4 hours ago, Greer said:

Can you please give me the >precise< area of ebay you mean the above is written (by ebay)?

Sure, here you go, I think not supplying any business details means they are not correct.

Another point with eBay classifieds is that they are effectively sold “outside of ebay” and therefore “Buyer Protection” is not in place. So if you buy the car, get 200 yards up the road and the rear subframe drops off you cannot file a claim with eBay

CC770D9F-E87E-41A3-A89D-6EAAE5929C19.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Greer said:

Hm, personally I think that trying to buy & sell any car at this point in time makes no commercial or economic sense at all, cars are designed to go places far & wide, since Covid where on earth can anyone be sure they can go or where they could stay when they got there, no no. Buying & selling cars as a source of income is an out looser from a small business point of view until 'or if' this Covid is cleared up! .

I enjoy following threads and discussions but I am afraid I am completely lost with your argument Alan. You are a Lexus enthusiast and an established member. Warnings about rogue dealers in Lexus cars should ring alarm bells. If you choose to ignore advice and end up buying from such a dealer it is your own fault. But please do not try to defend the indefensible.

I am more than pleased with the advice and warnings I have received from members of this club. Ignorance can cost you dearly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Greer said:

Yes always can be used or dismissed >but< what has this guy supposed to have done???, no one has said anything about that! take into account the fact that some people are just plain jealous or no >rational< reason whatsoever!!

C'mon someone, what, apart from making money, has this guy done to anyone on here?

Making money by selling car which is not safe to drive can cost somebody a life. 

Car dealers suppose to make money by finding very good deals - for that nobody could blame them. However, making money by describing broken car as good and the refusing to fix it is simply fraud. And he is fraudulent on so many levels, describing the cars, pretending to be private seller etc.

Prosecuting somebody in UK is major hassle and suspended sentences are not given without reason - means this guy really had to deserve it.

Looking at this add I don't see much wrong with description, maybe some punch-lines are a bit misleading, but then most of the faults are listed in "small-print". That said add is very cheesy ... and who the hell maintains brand new LS in independent garage?! So the only thing which is wrong is that he is breaching statutory rights and that is why he was prosecuted and now risking to be prosecuted again.

As for why it is important to put this on the forum - we are car enthusiast here and car enthusiast don't like dodgy traders and buying lemons. It could be the case for particular car or particular trader. If somebody of member here knows that certain car had major unreported accident I am sure everyone would expect that to be shared here to prevent forum member accidentally getting into trouble of buying it.

Finally, what a strange guy - chosen a weird brand for his dodgy deals. Maybe he is playing on Lexus being known as reliable cars?

• Like 2

Yes always can be used or dismissed >but< what has this guy supposed to have done???, no one has said anything about that! take into account the fact that some people are just plain jealous or no >rational< reason whatsoever!!

C'mon someone, what, apart from making money, has this guy done to anyone on here?

Bizarre. And not the first time.

10 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Making money by selling car which is not safe to drive can cost somebody a life. 

Car dealers suppose to make money by finding very good deals - for that nobody could blame them. However, making money by describing broken car as good and the refusing to fix it is simply fraud. And he is fraudulent on so many levels, describing the cars, pretending to be private seller etc.

Prosecuting somebody in UK is major hassle and suspended sentences are not given without reason - means this guy really had to deserve it.

Looking at this add I don't see much wrong with description, maybe some punch-lines are a bit misleading, but then most of the faults are listed in "small-print". That said add is very cheesy ... and who the hell maintains brand new LS in independent garage?! So the only thing which is wrong is that he is breaching statutory rights and that is why he was prosecuted and now risking to be prosecuted again.

As for why it is important to put this on the forum - we are car enthusiast here and car enthusiast don't like dodgy traders and buying lemons. It could be the case for particular car or particular trader. If somebody of member here knows that certain car had major unreported accident I am sure everyone would expect that to be shared here to prevent forum member accidentally getting into trouble of buying it.

Finally, what a strange guy - chosen a weird brand for his dodgy deals. Maybe he is playing on Lexus being known as reliable cars?

For you Linas, that was rather succinct !

And don`t forget that he has been giving the impression that he is a private seller, thus avoiding a Trader`s Statutory Responsibilities.

11 hours ago, Greer said:

Hm, personally I think that trying to buy & sell any car at this point in time makes no commercial or economic sense at all, cars are designed to go places far & wide, since Covid where on earth can anyone be sure they can go or where they could stay when they got there, no no. Buying & selling cars as a source of income is an out looser from a small business point of view until 'or if' this Covid is cleared up! .....10pm news, the whole of Lancashire has now gone on to level 3 restrictions & no mixing I think, what would anyone want a big car for?..

Good points Alan, I usually do less than 3000 miles in mine a year but between MOTs from 27/10/2019 and 15/10/2020 I had done 555 miles.

16 hours ago, Greer said:

Yes always can be used or dismissed >but< what has this guy supposed to have done???, no one has said anything about that! take into account the fact that some people are just plain jealous or no >rational< reason whatsoever!!

Stop trying to wind every one up and look back into the forums archives where there is chapter after chapter of what this guy has and does get up to.

When we find someone or a company and with facts we will always warn the membership of that particular person or company.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Stop trying to wind every one up and look back into the forums archives where there is chapter after chapter of what this guy has and does get up to.

When we find someone or a company and with facts we will always warn the membership of that particular person or company.

I decided to leave him alone on this occasion Mike.

He`s beginning to sound like someone I knew who got really confused shortly after losing his Season Ticket for Hamilton Academicals !

• Like 1

Back to the car in question: it's one that I know well by sight.  The previous owners live on the seafront in Brighton, and I often used to see the car parked there on my way into town.  Perhaps the location explains the state of the paintwork and the amount of corrosion?

• Like 1

I have signed up just to post this. 

I have had a dealing with this guy. The short story, sold a car (Saab) to him, it was my friends car who had to move abroad but needed to keep his car until the very day he moved away, so he put it on eBay and I was just to handover the car to whoever won it. 

Well...it was this guy wasn't it.  It ended up in a showdown in a carpark as he took the train to come get it as he dropped a car off he sold to someone (poor sods), he wanted to haggle on the price he won the car for (bids on ebay), when my friend told him on the phone he wasn't getting any money off (quite rightly the car was very well advertised with all its faults) he got irate and eventually my friend gave in and gave him money off because he said he didn't want me getting hurt, honestly the truth.

The main issue with the car was the engine management light was on, this was due to a stretched timing chain and required a good £1000 worth of work to get it sorted. We even listed that we had tried a new coil pack on the cylinder that showed in the diagnostics and it was not the fix however it will come with the car because why not?

The very next day, he had listed the car as fault free, perfect example etc etc, I messaged him and said I was interested in this exact car but it had this issue and he replied saying the seller had provided the parts to fix the car. What a joke.

I reported to eBay and they didn't want to know and the car obviously sold to some poor soul.

I just happened upon this listing and recognised the same font and same writing and started googling. Can't believe he's been prosecuted and is still trading....unbelievable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, rally1998 said:

I have signed up just to post this. 

I have had a dealing with this guy. The short story, sold a car (Saab) to him, it was my friends car who had to move abroad but needed to keep his car until the very day he moved away, so he put it on ebay and I was just to handover the car to whoever won it. 

Well...it was this guy wasn't it.  It ended up in a showdown in a carpark as he took the train to come get it as he dropped a car off he sold to someone (poor sods), he wanted to haggle on the price he won the car for (bids on ebay), when my friend told him on the phone he wasn't getting any money off (quite rightly the car was very well advertised with all its faults) he got irate and eventually my friend gave in and gave him money off because he said he didn't want me getting hurt, honestly the truth.

The main issue with the car was the engine management light was on, this was due to a stretched timing chain and required a good £1000 worth of work to get it sorted. We even listed that we had tried a new coil pack on the cylinder that showed in the diagnostics and it was not the fix however it will come with the car because why not?

The very next day, he had listed the car as fault free, perfect example etc etc, I messaged him and said I was interested in this exact car but it had this issue and he replied saying the seller had provided the parts to fix the car. What a joke.

I reported to eBay and they didn't want to know and the car obviously sold to some poor soul.

I just happened upon this listing and recognised the same font and same writing and started googling. Can't believe he's been prosecuted and is still trading....unbelievable.

Thanks for posting this, it's really important to get this sort of first hand info regarding this con man! And eBay are hopeless at dealing with stuff like this.

• Like 7

Phil

eBay are not hopeless they are downright negligent in their duties and their customer protection policy is a joke.

They are only interested in the bottom line and as a note of caution do not sell anything overseas because the system stinks I recently sold a couple of items in Spain and Portugal and the buyers claimed mis-selling It was not but the local eBay who takes over decided in their favour so they got free items because I was made responsible for postage and it was not worth it despite my terms saying no returns.

They are not the company of twenty years ago and I rarely sell on there as it is also expensive.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Phil

Ebay are not hopeless they are downright negligent in their duties and their customer protection policy is a joke.

They are only interested in the bottom line and as a note of caution do not sell anything overseas because the system stinks I recently sold a couple of items in Spain and Portugal and the buyers claimed mis-selling It was not but the local ebay who takes over decided in their favour so they got free items because I was made responsible for postage and it was not worth it despite my terms saying no returns.

They are not the company of twenty years ago and I rarely sell on there as it is also expensive.

So very true Phil, it started off as  way of selling a few bits from your shed.

It then turned into an outlet for businesses particularly for counterfeit goods from a certain asian country.

The costs of selling rocketed, negative feedback for buyers was removed and reports go unactioned.

It’s no wonder they are now having to advertise on TV and radio for new business.

It would appear that Dodgy Dudley has now realised that anyone can now access the MOT history of a car and is now offering a complete under seal of the car to prevent further corrosion, no doubt a tin of Tetra seal and a brush will be found in the boot or a nice handwritten receipt for £40.00 will be shown to prove the job has been done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:13 PM, Linas.P said:

One of the fraudulent things he would get up to is once  he had sold the car he would get the advert backup and changed the details so when the car broke down he would point that the now changed car details showing that he had listed the faults. Challenge him and he would soon become  very agitated and basically threaten you.  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, steve2006 said:

is now offering a complete under seal of the car

A good way of hiding how bad the rust is. Also under sealing on rust does not stop the rust continuing to progress. Back in the 70's I did MOT's, and it was not unusual to see cars with what looked like good chassis rails "under sealed", but on squeezing with your fingers that's all there was under seal. The metal having rusted away inside the sealant.

John.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

One of the fraudulent things he would get up to is once  he had sold the car he would get the advert backup and changed the details so when the car broke down he would point that the now changed car details showing that he had listed the faults. Challenge him and he would soon become  very agitated and basically threaten you.  

That is expected, yes I have read his sentencing - this was one of the main points and very nasty one.

Being impartial one could argue - used car is difficult to inspect and some faults could be missed by accident and even seller in good will may fail to mention them, so it should not be held against them (as long as they agree to address them that is). However, if seller list the faults after selling the car, this means he was acutely aware of them, thus making him fraudulent.  

1 minute ago, Britprius said:

A good way of hiding how bad the rust is.

Yeah, that is like saying: "I can hide all faults of the car for you" 😄