Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a wrecked RC-F

I cannot remember the last time that I came across an RCF breaking.

There is a company in Scotland breaking a GSF but they are pricing the stuff as if it were laced in gold dust.

A GSF set of seats and door cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-2020-MK4-LEXUS-GS-F-FULL-INTERIOR-SEATS-DOOR-CARDS-CENTRE-CONSOLE-TRIM/333747338955?hash=item4db4e43ecb:g:-rsAAOSwNkhffzF2

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 8:09 PM, Fair and square said:

I cannot remember the last time that I came across an RCF breaking.

There is a company in Scotland breaking a GSF but they are pricing the stuff as if it were laced in gold dust.

A GSF set of seats and door cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-2020-MK4-LEXUS-GS-F-FULL-INTERIOR-SEATS-DOOR-CARDS-CENTRE-CONSOLE-TRIM/333747338955?hash=item4db4e43ecb:g:-rsAAOSwNkhffzF2

Expensive yes but still fairly cheap in comparison to new, I was recently looking at buying just the leather seat covers for my 1994 Lexus LS400 but with just the driver’s seat seat base panel listed at over £1000.00 maybe not.

A68C8B4F-ECCD-409A-9BE9-2C8C966CD135.png

31 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Expensive yes but still fairly cheap in comparison to new

Indeed - considering that GS-F is total unicorn, I don't think anyone have another option. Although, it is the case working against seller as well - it is not exactly like buyers are lining-up to buy it, very few people actually need it... and even then maybe as an upgrade to GS450/300h or other projects and not to replace GS-F seats.

I recently had RC200t seat electric motors repaired under warranty - I have not seen the brake-down of the cost, but my understanding from the call with the dealership was that it was ~£2700 for parts and £1500 for labour. Ouch! At such cost I was surprised they didn't just replaced whole seat (which would have been welcome considering I have a bit of wear on the outside bolster). That said they replaced bottom leather cover... which was in good shape anyway (doh)... As far as I understand Lexus does not sell the whole seat as a unit for RC or the cost of it is so astronomical that it made sense for Lexus warranty to pay £4200 just for parts and labour to repair existing seat.

@Linas.PDemand vs stock.

There is no stock, true but there is also no demand.

This breakers prices only become good value when there is demand.

@steve2006 breakers vs new. The price is not relative enough, as is displayed on the users eBay page. They have failed to move any GSF item from off their page.

Used mats, just shy of £100 - they are not even GSF mats, just GS. 

£80 for brand new GSF from Lexus parts direct. The list goes on. 

Very true, those LS400 seat covers are according to Amayama still available off the shelf......I bet you can’t however see them for the 25 odd years of dust that’s settled on them since. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had rotted in the bags.

If they ever let them go for £50.00 a set assuming they are still as new then I’ll buy them but I would imagine the bin would be their final destination.

I tend to believe there are some "compliance" laws dictating how long manufacturers have to keep the spares. So possibility is that they literally don't want them sold and are completely happy to keep nearly worthless parts in warehouse somewhere with stupid prices and simply take them to the landfill when period of required support ends.

However that does not explain why used GS interior from breakers cost so much - perhaps they focusing on getting their margins from value rather than quantity.

My advise for OP would be to look in US auctions - not sure how economical is to import the interior from US, but certainly the number of RC-Fs and likewise of beakers/spare-parts is much higher there. This would give you more choice and likewise there is more competition so the prices may be better than here - where we literally have like 2 RC-Fs a year broken and 1 GS-F once every 3 years.

I read stories regarding US breakers like “Pick a Part” 

They sounds like the old scrap yards we used to have where you paid a few pounds for a specific part but helped yourself to anything else that you could easily conceal!

The only problem is the US having LHD so all the seat controls would be wrong sided for driver and passenger, shipping costs would be expensive also.

16 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I read stories regarding US breakers like “Pick a Part” 

They sounds like the old scrap yards we used to have where you paid a few pounds for a specific part but helped yourself to anything else that you could easily conceal!

The only problem is the US having LHD so all the seat controls would be wrong sided for driver and passenger, shipping costs would be expensive also.

I cannot argue, but I thought driver and passenger seats are "mirror identical", meaning that you just get, passenger seat as a driver one in UK. But you right regarding door cards - window controls would be wrong. That said I believe that actual controls are interchangeable between all RCs (200t/300h) if not even IS300h/200t (some electrical parts certainly are) - this means as long as you have seats, the rest of the parts are not as expensive or rare.

So what I am suggesting is to get interior from US car - then swap window controls from UK 200t/300h models.

Question for OP is - why does he need the interior and for what car. If it is replacement for RC-F, then he will have all right parts to swap out with US door cards (same applies for 200t/300h).

On 10/31/2020 at 2:50 PM, Linas.P said:

I cannot argue, but I thought driver and passenger seats are "mirror identical", meaning that you just get, passenger seat as a driver one in UK. But you right regarding door cards - window controls would be wrong. That said I believe that actual controls are interchangeable between all RCs (200t/300h) if not even IS300h/200t (some electrical parts certainly are) - this means as long as you have seats, the rest of the parts are not as expensive or rare

On the RC, the handles for folding the seat forward would be on the wrong side too.

42 minutes ago, BillNick said:

On the RC, the handles for folding the seat forward would be on the wrong side too.

No it would not be - the point I am trying to make (I might be wrong thought) is that driver and passenger seats are identical. The handle would be on outside for both LHD and RHD models, and the difference is only that you will fit passenger seat on the driver side in UK. Basically, if what I am saying is correct we can treat the seats simply as "left and right seat". "Right" seat in UK would be identical to right seat in US, but in UK it would be "drivers" seat, whereas in US same seat would be "passengers" seat.

Again this is just the way it looks externally, maybe there are some subtle internal differences which I don't know about.