Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Restaurant POI Removal

You don't have to tell us if you don't want to Noddy but I'm sure I can't be the only one sat at home wondering why the restaurant POI has offended you so much that you need to remove it - can you not just ignore it? :whistling:

12 minutes ago, Herbie said:

You don't have to tell us if you don't want to Noddy but I'm sure I can't be the only one sat at home wondering why the restaurant POI has offended you so much that you need to remove it - can you not just ignore it? :whistling:

Does he want to delete the subject of Restaurants or does he want to delete a particular Restaurant from within the subject?

28 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Does he want to delete the subject of Restaurants or does he want to delete a particular Restaurant from within the subject?

A POI file (as I understand it) isn't just a list of things that can be edited, but rather more of an 'app' or computer program that is compiled into a self-contained 'package' that can't be edited. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

Reading my Nav handbook, if one follows the menu options bellow one can select to display all or no POIs and also which POIs categories are displayed

Display the map setting screen:
 “MENU” button  “Setup” 
“Navigation”  “Map”
2 Select “POIs on map”.
3 Select the desired POI categories.

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

Reading my Nav handbook, if one follows the menu options bellow one can select to display all or no POIs and also which POIs categories are displayed

Display the map setting screen:
 “MENU” button  “Setup” 
“Navigation”  “Map”
2 Select “POIs on map”.
3 Select the desired POI categories.

Seems straight forward if he wishes to delete the Category.

Points for use of Handbook are currently unavailable ! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Herbie said:

The problem is when in an area with many restaurants the restaurant POI‘s blots out the roads therefore making the display useless...

42 minutes ago, Mines-a-pint said:

Doh! Didn’t realise there are two different screens for displaying POI set up, one in set up the other in map, now sorted..Thank you all...

Drinks all round!

Noddy will pay and select the Restaurant!