Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300

Hi all,

I currently have an IS200 Sport and am going to look at an IS300 (Dec 2002 plate) with body kit in the next couple of days. Are there any things in particular you'd recommend I ask about or check out, that are specific to the 300?

And although I'll have a test drive, how can I expect it to compare to the 200? From what I've read elsewhere, it's a fun fun fun car to drive :-)

Cheers,

Alan

you wont be disappointed, especially if you are moving up from a standard 200 to the 300,, of course there the 60 extra ponies to consider.

i had a supercharged 200 and have recently bought the 300,, no complaints whatsoever..

i guess the same will applying when looking at the 200 versus the 300..

The main problems of the IS200 arn't there or are not problems on the IS300, e.g. the clutch, gearbox, err 3 stereo, water pump. Still need to check ball joints, wheels etc.

Should be smoother, quicker and have less noise than the 200.

The main problems of the IS200 arn't there or are not problems on the IS300, e.g. the clutch, gearbox, err 3 stereo, water pump. Still need to check ball joints, wheels etc.

Should be smoother, quicker and have less noise than the 200.

Glad to hear it! My water pump started leaking on the IS200 a couple of months after the warranty ran out. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also going to look at a used IS300, built 2001-08 with 25000 km on the clock.

I've checked the U.S. recalls at Alldata.com and it looks like there has been quite a few TSB's since 2001, but most of them seem quite harmless.

Anything else I should check out?