Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SatNav Screen

Just out doing a bit of in-car tidying this morning and the sun was shining on the satNav Screen, what a bloomin' mess!!

I've not noticed it before (at least I don't think I have) and it's really bad.  Obviously done by the previous owner I should think.  Is there anything available that might polish the scratches out along with a bit of elbow grease?

Anyone else had the problem?

SatNav Screen.jpg

I've been on the Club Lexus site and a number of them have had their screens replaced under warranty,  I contacted my dealer and it's a no go with them.

Some in the states who haven't succeeded with a warranty claim,  have cleaned their screen up by using nail polish remover.

Hi, new to Lexus & forums!

You might like to try this:-

Nutmeg facial wipes from Morrisons £1.00!

20 minutes gentle wiping and finished with a new microfibre cloth, did the job.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

On 10/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, bluenose1940 said:

I've been on the Club Lexus site and a number of them have had their screens replaced under warranty,  I contacted my dealer and it's a no go with them.

Some in the states who haven't succeeded with a warranty claim,  have cleaned their screen up by using nail polish remover.

Why would anyone think that they could claim under any warranty for finger prints remaining on the screen ?

21 minutes ago, D&G said:

Hi, new to Lexus & forums!

You might like to try this:-

Nutmeg facial wipes from Morrisons £1.00!

20 minutes gentle wiping and finished with a new microfibre cloth, did the job.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

Thanks Jim, that`s a welcome and informative first post.

Welcome to L.O.C. and can you tell us what brought you to the Lexus fold and what did you leave behind ?

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome, I took early retirement a couple of years ago, and was used to a new car every 2/3 years, the last one being a DS5.

The leasing company wanted to much to buy the lease out, so bought a Skoda Octavia 2.0l Laurin & Klement as a stop gap.

Was going to sell the classic this year, but with wha'ts occuring I've temporarily shelved that idea.

Therefore a bit of boredom set in!

The local dealer where I got the Skoda, also has Lexus, amongst other marques, so took a trip to Carlisle and they had three, I bought this one because it had the burgundy leather & panoramic roof and NX's are fairly thin on the ground in this area.

Regards

Jim 

• Like 1

Thanks Jim.

A lot of people don`t know what a DS5 is--did it perform and was it free from  problems eg, build and electrics ?

LK is smart for a Skoda. How good were Border Motor Group in terms of providing customer satisfaction ?

How long have you had the BM ?

Anyway, enjoy the Forum and the Lexus--snd us some piccies please.