Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

really stiff gear change!

hi guys just gad a new OEM blueprint 3 piece clutch, and input shaft bearing, got the car back clutch itself feels nice but its hard to get into gear and sometimes crunches and sends a shudder to the rear end

any ideas peeps im thinking could be gear linkage?

Thankyou for your time

6 hours ago, Dan is 200 said:

i did i got oem blue print kit the clutch itself is really nice its selecting the gears which is bit stiff

did u think i bought a non oem clutch kit?

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/blue-print/2896306

Article №: ADT330146

Yes sorry I though you bought a stage 2 kit or something. Like a competition clutch. OK. Did you change it or a garage? 

haha no problem its prob cos i said 3 piece lol my mistake

i provided the clutch setyres fitted it,

thinking its bit of a problem with the release bearing although its new when i push clutch all way down REALLY hard it releases more

also i feel like a drag sometimes at various speeds also there is like literally 2cm movement before the clutch kicks in its that fierce

kinda pi55ed me off tbh

The thrust release bearing might need lubing on the shaft or isn't on the fork properly. Or maybe the clutch itself is not fitted correctly? Think you should take it back to the garage and say it is not right. Should be a nice light pedal and a very smooth action if it is a new oem type clutch. 

41 minutes ago, Dan is 200 said:

haha no problem its prob cos i said 3 piece lol my mistake

i provided the clutch setyres fitted it,

thinking its bit of a problem with the release bearing although its new when i push clutch all way down REALLY hard it releases more

also i feel like a drag sometimes at various speeds also there is like literally 2cm movement before the clutch kicks in its that fierce

kinda pi55ed me off tbh

Should not be harder to push... Something is not right. 

yes i am on monday the clutch itself has clearly be done and is nice and light but the gear stick is hard to get into gear and when your off the clutch is done make a noise which goes away when the clutch is FULLY down as hard as possible

also makes bit of a shudder like its not releasing properly

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links