Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 2021 IS, has Lexus made a mistake by not bringing this to Europe

Yeah - they treating Europe as secondary market which basically just gets scraps, UK being tertiary...

Collectively we can probably blame ourselves - we buy too much SUVs and it no longer makes financial sense to introduce executive saloons here. Although I was under impression IS300h was selling rather well. That said, potential 300h buyer would be satisfied with ES300h - it is not like driving wheels makes much difference with that power output. They would not have introduced IS350 anyway and I think we can easily do without another IS300 (200t).

From outside it looks very good, especially the front - I would argue Lexus has refined their "predator look" and whereas new BMW 4 is bold, but unrefined, Lexus whenever you like it or not is really recognisable from the grill. But interior leaves much to be desired, stuck on screen looks dated and lazy design, seems like there isn't much improvements in complicated infotainment control and the rest of the interior lacks any improvements over current gen. I would argue that FL mk3 IS actually looks better inside with integrated screen and (probably) has same tech.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Yeah - they treating Europe as secondary market which basically just gets scraps, UK being tertiary...

Collectively we can probably blame ourselves - we buy too much SUVs and it no longer makes financial sense to introduce executive saloons here. Although I was under impression IS300h was selling rather well. That said, potential 300h buyer would be satisfied with ES300h - it is not like driving wheels makes much difference with that power output. They would not have introduced IS350 anyway and I think we can easily do without another IS300 (200t).

From outside it looks very good, especially the front - I would argue Lexus has refined their "predator look" and whereas new BMW 4 is bold, but unrefined, Lexus whenever you like it or not is really recognisable from the grill. But interior leaves much to be desired, stuck on screen looks dated and lazy design, seems like there isn't much improvements in complicated infotainment control and the rest of the interior lacks any improvements over current gen. I would argue that FL mk3 IS actually looks better inside with integrated screen and (probably) has same tech.

I Agee with everything you’ve said. Personally I have not driven the new ES, but being front wheel drive I don’t think it will necessarily be the 1st option of current IS owners but I may be wrong.

The ES is obviously a step up however that is expected asit is a recent 2018 design. There exist a large IS loyal fan base in North America and within Japan and to some extent in China therefore I can only conclude it is our loss in Europe.