Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Window Light

Bazza

Didn't mean to cause alarm, but heat is something to you need to think about. The bulb is mounted so it doesn't cause problems when it gets hot but if you add a high wattage resistor you want to be careful where you place it (don't wrap it in tape either!).

If you do try again, the correct resistance value for 16W @ 13.8V is about 12 ohms, not 1 ohm (1 ohm is probably the cold bulb resistance).

I would expect that you could get away with a much higher resistance & lower power resistor (especially if Lexus have a plastic bulb replacer as mentioned above). Finger in the air I'd start with 500 ohms / 1 watt. If that works I'd try 1Kohm 0.5 watt.

Let us know how you get on!

the end result :

rather than risk any fire or overheating :ohmy:

what i have done is leave the lamp in place

the red lens bit i have taped over , black for the moment but might colour code in paint at a later date (oakham insides)

as any is owner knows the space at the rear screen/parcel shelf isnt a lot, to say the least, the enclosure is quite small and is surrounded by plastic or carpet

the thought of hot resistors in this area :crybaby::crybaby:

as for relocating , that seems like hard work, from the boot space there is no sign of any cables etc, from the top it just isnt accessible enough

thanks for everyones input :)