Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Leeds have just offered me a   2 for 1 deal ie two years cover for one years fee. The price they are quoting is £1095 which I thought was the normal price anyway? They also informed me that my present extended warranty runs out at the end of this month but I am sure Lexus UK announced that they were extending the extended warranty for another 3 months because of Covid?

Yes that is the correct price for the 2-4-1 offer. A very good price IMO compared to other manufacturers. Many years ago it was twice that price, but the 2-4-1 offer has been available since around 2013 IIRC.

The extension was for the break down cover and not the warranty unfortunately.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westo3 said:

The price they are quoting is £1095 which I thought was the normal price anyway?

It is indeed, but

• It's a very good price
  • You may be able to get a discount of around 10% if you become a Gold Member of this club for £39.99/year if your dealer participates in the scheme
  • If you change your car to another Lexus the warranty is transferrable
  • If you just sell the Lexus and either don't get another one or you buy some other brand, you get a refund for the unused portion of the warranty for a small admin charge
  • It's a very good warranty
  • Like 1

I have been offered a two year extended warranty on my IS as it’s also coming up to 3 years old, got me thinking, my last two cars were mercedes and BMW and I had no problems with them after the 3 years were up........so Lexus being known for reliability why would I expect any problems in the next 2 years!! Also we are driving posh Toyota’s who have the confidence to give a 5 year warranty on there cars so what does a Toyota have that a Lexus doesn’t? Of cause if I don’t take the warranty it’s Sod’s law isn’t it!!!

I used to call it 'The Lexus Paradox' - people are drawn to the brand, at least in part, due to the reputation for reliability and then worry about whether it will be reliable.

However, I look at it as an insurance policy. We all have car and house insurance but yet we hope to never have to use it, so a Lexus Extended Warranty is no different. Trouble is, if any spares are needed they are so eye-wateringly expensive that a warranty can recoup its cost in just one or two events.

For example, someone on here had condensation inside both headlamp units if I remember correctly. Being LED they are sealed units so both were replaced under warranty and they cost over £800 each side.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I used to call it 'The Lexus Paradox' - people are drawn to the brand, at least in part, due to the reputation for reliability and then worry about whether it will be reliable.

However, I look at it as an insurance policy. We all have car and house insurance but yet we hope to never have to use it, so a Lexus Extended Warranty is no different. Trouble is, if any spares are needed they are so eye-wateringly expensive that a warranty can recoup its cost in just one or two events.

For example, someone on here had condensation inside both headlamp units if I remember correctly. Being LED they are sealed units so both were replaced under warranty and they cost over £800 each side.

That to me sums up a good warranty - hopefully not needed but reassuring / peace of mind if you do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Well said, yet again Herbie. It remains a Paradox and I can confirm the tale of the replacement headlamp units.

Only recently, as poor old Barry14 UK discovered to his cost when trapped between the rock and the hard place at LexusCheltenham, I think. !

• Like 2

22 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Well said, yet again Herbie. It remains a Paradox and I can confirm the tale of the replacement headlamp units.

Only recently, as poor old Barry14 UK discovered to his cost when trapped between the rock and the hard place at LexusCheltenham, I think. !

Looking into the extended warranty it states lights are not covered (and bulbs obviously) was the example given a goodwill gesture?

1 hour ago, Derant said:

Looking into the extended warranty it states lights are not covered (and bulbs obviously) was the example given a goodwill gesture?

Being as it wasn't my car I don't know, but it may have been something to do with either the LED sealed units being special items (you can't replace individual LEDs) or more likely, it was covered on MOT status as an MOT protected part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derant said:

Hi Antony, 

Can you give me a link that part of the Document you are referring to please ?

2 minutes ago, Derant said:

Thanks Antony, I see where you are coming from.It is important to read the complete Warranty Document.

The Warranty covers failure of Electrical and Mechanical Parts. My problem was a failure of an Electrical Part A headlight sealed unit.

I do recommend that owners take out the Lexus Extended Warranty.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Having imported mine to France I went to my local Lexus dealer and was informed that I could not get an extended warranty as in France it has to be renewed before the car exceeds 3years old even though I had one in England! Looks like you get a far better deal in England. You would have thought that the same warranty qualification applied throughout Europe? Has anybody else had the same problems living outside the UK?

1 hour ago, westo3 said:

Having imported mine to France I went to my local Lexus dealer and was informed that I could not get an extended warranty as in France it has to be renewed before the car exceeds 3years old even though I had one in England! Looks like you get a far better deal in England. You would have thought that the same warranty qualification applied throughout Europe? Has anybody else had the same problems living outside the UK?

Nick, Just send an email to Lexus UK and receive an Authorised answer.

In Europe most new vehicles come with a 2 year manufacturers warranty whilst in UK it is topped up to  by the Dealers to 3.

Have already done that,  apparently once the car is registered in another country the G.B.  warranty is void. I do not understand that France will not let you buy an extended warranty even though the car has had continuous warranty in England and has been regularly serviced by a Lexus dealer and is still under 4 years old! 

• Like 1