Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car next?

20 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

I'm 6ft 1 and I fit in behind my driving position.

My dear fellow,what you say is all good but how do you at 6ft manage a dignified exit??no no no no i think a video demonstration is required please 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

My dear fellow,what you say is all good but how do you at 6ft manage a dignified exit??no no no no i think a video demonstration is required please 😂😂😂😂

There's nothing dignified about me 🤣

9 hours ago, AJ500 said:

@V8ORBUST

Floor mats.

I am told anything over 11% was only achievable when first lockdown ended and BMW were giving the dealers an extra margin to shift stock.Stock is very thin at the moment.I dont accept these figures but need to find another car to actually haggle over. Our 140 has proven even more popular since it stopped production and so far the bids on it are pretty good.

As this is our second car I must stay below the £40 k and that means a pretty basic spec.Thats OK as its very good anyway. 
We are used to the brilliant i drive but I have no complaints over my LC system.Apple carplay etc is of no interest to me.The Lexus Mark Levinson is very good as is the HK in the BMs we have had.

Let us know how it goes when you can get some miles on.

A J.

Worth going pre reg ? Quite a few on BMW AUC from early £31k with little or no miles and they have some wiggle room on top .

The best PCP I can find is £403 down, £403 a month 2.9% APR I believe its BMW Park lane and the Emergency services offer. Don't worry about eligibility, they are very, very loose on it according to those taking advantage on the BMW forums. 

https://www.bmw-ukforces.co.uk/pcp-cars/bmw/1-series-hatchback/m135-xdrive-hatch-5dr-2.0-i-306ps-5dr-auto-start-stop-278299-4119

I switched from an 08 IS-F to a BMW M340i about a year ago. The IS-F was obviously a better sports car (sharper and better handling), but for daily driving the M340i is brilliant, almost as quick, much more comfortable and the tech in BMWs is miles ahead of Lexus. The BMW B58 engine is so impressive, 0-60 in 4 secs or less and can return 40mpg on the motorway!

4 hours ago, giorgoXXI said:

I switched from an 08 IS-F to a BMW M340i about a year ago. The IS-F was obviously a better sports car (sharper and better handling), but for daily driving the M340i is brilliant, almost as quick, much more comfortable and the tech in BMWs is miles ahead of Lexus. The BMW B58 engine is so impressive, 0-60 in 4 secs or less and can return 40mpg on the motorway!

I hope you are having more luck with your M340i than I am with my company one. there hasnt been a month where it hasn't been in the shop. its let me down on the side of the road around 3 times already. Never the same issue.

my wifes X3 is equally as unreliable and it was so expensive after the options were added

5 minutes ago, timothyrogers62 said:

I hope you are having more luck with your M340i than I am with my company one. there hasnt been a month where it hasn't been in the shop. its let me down on the side of the road around 3 times already. Never the same issue.

my wifes X3 is equally as unreliable and it was so expensive after the options were added

Wow. What issues have you had?

The only issue I've had is a failed passenger mirror which was replaced in 1 day (seems like a common issue). Other than that so far it has been reliable.

I kind of knew though when moving to BMW I would be giving up the bullet-proof reliability of Lexus.

1 minute ago, giorgoXXI said:

Wow. What issues have you had?

The only issue I've had is a failed passenger mirror which was replaced in 1 day (seems like a common issue). Other than that so far it has been reliable.

I kind of knew though when moving to BMW I would be giving up the bullet-proof reliability of Lexus.

Its mostly engine management new ECUs, followed by autobox locking in low gears and jerky shifts. new steering pump and I kid you not water leaks in boot. 

59 minutes ago, timothyrogers62 said:

Its mostly engine management new ECUs, followed by autobox locking in low gears and jerky shifts. new steering pump and I kid you not water leaks in boot. 

Damn, seems like you got a bad one. No chance of exchanging it?

17 hours ago, timothyrogers62 said:

Sounds like a Friday afternoon car, I've had a couple of those, an Alfa and a Jag.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:39 PM, V8ORBUST said:

By way of an update, my new toy arrived the other day. Not had a chance to driver her yet, but first impressions are positive.

Seats are awesome and overall build quality i have to say, is Lexus-esque. 

Steering wheel is too thick, only downside I can think of as of now.

Can't comment on the drive yet.

Pics are rubbish so apologies.

The eagle eyed will spot a subtle change I've already made.

20210105_130435.jpg

20210106_130118.jpg

20210106_130114.jpg

20210106_130102.jpg

20210104_182913.jpg

Congrats on your new car, certainly looks smart in blue with those wheels.

I once had the use of an M140 for a day while my old car was getting work done, was impressed with how well it went. Practical and fast, nice interior too, and more roomy than one would think for BMW's smallest offering.
Can only imagine 4wd makes it even better.

Ironically, the one thing I miss most now is the thick steering wheel 😄

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wood Butcher said:

Congrats on your new car, certainly looks smart in blue with those wheels.

I once had the use of an M140 for a day while my old car was getting work done, was impressed with how well it went. Practical and fast, nice interior too, and more roomy than one would think for BMW's smallest offering.
Can only imagine 4wd makes it even better.

Ironically, the one thing I miss most now is the thick steering wheel 😄

Cheers 👍 

I've still not really driven it, waiting for some trim clips to arrive, thank you royal mail 🙄

Love the wheels, I shall try and keep them in the condition they are in lol 

Its not exactly an M140, no straight 6 or rwd bias, but im not one of those who deliberately gets the back end to step out, so its no issue to me 😄

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links