Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car next?

4 minutes ago, doog442 said:

I was the same about BMW so avoided them for 35 years. Seriously you won't get better bang for your buck at the price level. Do a back to back between a six pot 240i and a GT86 and there's no comparison, notwithstanding Toyota are now sticking that same BMW engine in the Supra. That said I respect your opinion and I still feel the same way about Audi.  

I've had a 640d gran coupe in the past, nuclear bomb of an engine, but other than that, I wasn't completely sold. So I have ventured down that road. I'm not a fan of BMW interiors particularly either.

A TT would fall into my price point aswell. I test drove an S5 before I purchased my Alfa and although a very smart car, it just didn't engage me like the Alfa did.

I prefer Japanese cars in general, I'm a sucker for reliability.

A leased S60 T5 r design plus is good value all rounder, with strong performance. Terrible fuel economy though, my V8 does better! This deal would save me upto £500 a month, when taking into account tax and insurance etc 

I will know more tomorrow after my phone call I guess 🙂

• Like 2

My favourite game!

Do you need a 5 door?

If not something like a Cayman or 370z would be my suggestion.

Assuming you do my default would have been something with the 3 litre T BMW engine in 1/2/3/4 series as its a real peach of a motor to drive and sounds fantastic for an I6.

Outside that maybe a Jag? An XE S is a lot of fun or V8 XF's are good money.

Just incase you arnt aware, a company like capital car finance will be able to offer you impressive PCP rates on surprisingly old cars if you would rather not loan the money.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, C.B said:

My favourite game!

Do you need a 5 door?

If not something like a Cayman or 370z would be my suggestion.

Assuming you do my default would have been something with the 3 litre T BMW engine in 1/2/3/4 series as its a real peach of a motor to drive and sounds fantastic for an I6.

Outside that maybe a Jag? An XE S is a lot of fun or V8 XF's are good money.

Just incase you arnt aware, a company like capital car finance will be able to offer you impressive PCP rates on surprisingly old cars if you would rather not loan the money.

No need for a 5 door, I just need to bring down my cost of motoring, but hopefully still have some sort of fun at the same time.

35 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

Unfortunately not practical enough for my commute. Cracking car obviously 👍

ISF?.....if it’s owned image how much you save on rent, reliability, performance and practically all in one. 🤔👍🏻

Well I contacted the local dealer who helped sell my brothers car, he's offered to clear my finance, so just over £24k.

I guess at least I'm not in negative equity, but shows where other dealers will be on a part-ex!

Try GM motors in Harrogate for a price, they bought the carbon edition off here for full whack the other week and seem to be selling an lc500 at the moment too.

Onto other cars my mate had a late 350z, the one with the proper nissan engine in, and loved it. He's had alsorts since including an M2 and still just talks about the 350. If you want something slightly new then perhaps the 370z. Failing that you could just get an ISF 😂

22 minutes ago, scott-o said:

Try GM motors in Harrogate for a price, they bought the carbon edition off here for full whack the other week and seem to be selling an lc500 at the moment too.

Onto other cars my mate had a late 350z, the one with the proper nissan engine in, and loved it. He's had alsorts since including an M2 and still just talks about the 350. If you want something slightly new then perhaps the 370z. Failing that you could just get an ISF 😂

I've just contacted GC in Harrogate, thanks for the heads up.

I had a cracking deal lined up on a 370z, until I realised, I don't fit in it properly and I can't fit my work luggage in 😄

9 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I've got an LS400 with 5 doors 😉 cut you good price my friend. LOC discount, very nice! 😂

Glad the finance came back favourable, now time to shop around! Be keen to know where your adventure takes you! 😄

It did, but I hoped I'd be offered more by the dealer 😄

At least its not negative equity. But being bid 22k by other dealers i find quite distasteful.

The car is worth 10k more 🤬

I've kind of set my heart on the Fk8 Type R, (best performance compromise) but will probably end up with something much cheaper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V8ORBUST said:

It did, but I hoped I'd be offered more by the dealer 😄

At least its not negative equity. But being bid 22k by other dealers i find quite distasteful.

The car is worth 10k more 🤬

I've kind of set my heart on the Fk8 Type R, (best performance compromise) but will probably end up with something much cheaper.

Lexus dealers will usually rob you blind. Worth selling privately ? or get a base price from someone like Wizzle.  

A few15 plates in the late 20's from dealers have stalled lately, a 16 might have better luck. 

Personally I think prices are all over the shop at the moment, to the point I just won't entertain moving on as a cash buyer. 

15 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Lexus dealers will usually rob you blind. Worth selling privately ? or get a base price from someone like Wizzle.  

A few15 plates in the late 20's from dealers have stalled lately, a 16 might have better luck. 

Personally I think prices are all over the shop at the moment, to the point I just won't entertain moving on as a cash buyer. 

It is a niche car, how many people are looking to buy a Lexus F, never mind the arguably less popular RCF?

But you are right, private sale would definitely be the way to go.

I haven't even asked lexus Nottingham, we are all well aware of the other black one they have in stock 😅

We shall see what Harrogate say tomorrow.

But given my HP, warranty, service and soon to be insurance payments, I could do with sorting something before I'm possibly furloughed.

8 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

It is a niche car, how many people are looking to buy a Lexus F, never mind the arguably less popular RCF?

But you are right, private sale would definitely be the way to go.

I haven't even asked lexus Nottingham, we are all well aware of the other black one they have in stock 😅

We shall see what Harrogate say tomorrow.

But given my HP, warranty, service and soon to be insurance payments, I could do with sorting something before I'm possibly furloughed.

When I bought mine recently the dealer told me that on private motor trade stats available to him RC Fs values have been flat for the last 18 months.

I do however think that sales have stalled with the latest lockdown,and it’s the wrong time of the year,so that means down pressure on values.

1 minute ago, XK140 said:

When I bought mine recently the dealer told me that on private motor trade stats available to him RC Fs values have been flat for the last 18 months.

I do however think that sales have stalled with the latest lockdown,and it’s the wrong time of the year,so that means down pressure on values.

Flaming Covid 🙄

Shopping around certainly is eye opening, a Corolla 30k? Crazy times.

I'm lucky as I can use the RX300 and not rush into buying. I'll wait for the right deal on the right car.

I'm not happy selling this for peanuts though, difficult call given my work environment being so volatile.

16 minutes ago, Oldnslow said:

The garage in Harrogate offered £28500 for mine( red carbon on Trader). I declined and I am in the process of P/EX ing at the moment. Should pick up new car on Thursday.

Thanks for the heads up. Are carbon prices that much stronger?

Like I mentioned higher up, one dealer muttered the figure £22300 ish 😫

1 hour ago, Oldnslow said:

As Tom got £30k for his I was a bit disappointed with the offer but it was the only call I had in a week( 1100 views). I have ended up taking £28.5k in px from another garage.

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

I know roughly what I'm shooting for now. I think 27k for mine as per factory.

Given what I spent on the quick silver and upgraded carbon fibre trim i need to recoup some of that aswell, or i will remove and sell on here if anyone is interested.

👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links