Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car next?

On 10/25/2020 at 8:57 PM, 4969_LXS said:

@Flytvr great shout on the W8, I've only ever seen 1 in the flesh, parked up at Wolverhampton train station a couple years back. Cool left field choice IMO. 

I was driven round Milan in a Passat W8. Very nice too from what I can remember. The traffic though, especially from the centre to the airport in rush hour on a Friday afternoon was another matter however. I was so impressed that I had arrived in one piece that I gave the company driver 20 euros to buy himself a drink. From his expression and gestures, I don't think this happened too often!

• Like 1

I've accepted 27k. Spoken to a few dealers, one not interested due covid, one wants it but can't get to 27k, another didn't get back to me.

I think the market place is uncertain and in this case, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth and take the unexpected 3k positive equity as a bonus.

I was in tears after the call, but its the right thing to do.

She leaves on Thursday 😭

Now to try and sell the factory exhaust 🙄

• Like 1

Is this Big Rats old steed ?

I might have been tempted but that paddles/ gearbox issue didn't sit easy... anyway best of luck, shame it didn't work out long term for issues out of your control. 

35 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Is this Big Rats old steed ?

I might have been tempted but that paddles/ gearbox issue didn't sit easy... anyway best of luck, shame it didn't work out long term for issues out of your control. 

Yeah it is. I don't think there's an issue there really, its probably a mixture of my sensitivity and not using it in manual mode all that often.

It will be a great car for someone, I've cared for her well. Just wish I could have got a few more quid considering the quicksilver etc 

I'll miss her and I shed a few tears earlier (sad I know).

• Sad 1

On 11/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, V8ORBUST said:

There is a local dealer who trades in high end stuff. I'm going to give him a shout. He did up and sold my brothers car and he's a straight up guy.

I think I can get a reasonable new car and save myself £300-400 a month.

Shame the GT-86 is meant to be unrefined on the motorway.

A civic type r is going to be too expensive, APR deal aint great on them.

I have a Fiesta ST Mk8 they seem to have good deals on them. I cant rate it highly enough

2 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

Think I'm sold on the M135i 🤓

Four pot pocket rocket and look much better in the flesh. Really impressed when I sat in one at my local dealership. As someone on the err ..whisper it 'other side' I personally wouldn't object if the finances add up. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Four pot pocket rocket and look much better in the flesh. Really impressed when I sat in one at my local dealership. As someone on the err ..whisper it 'other side' I personally wouldn't object if the finances add up. 

I think I've all but secured a very good deal.

Incl met paint and a couple of options, £500 down £461 a month 12k per annum 48 months 2.9% apr.

My monthly savings on that over my RCF are quite large!

• Like 1

I'm going to sleep on it and see. Prices are set to rise, 10% eu tariff potentially and a scheduled January rise by £500 ish aswell.

I could hold fire and save a deposit over the next 6 months, but of course the price rise would reduce its effectiveness in lowering my monthly.

https://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=130611

This is the go to place for best BMW prices,great guy to deal with.

Not to say that your local dealer could not match,but this guy just gives you his best and only price straight away with no messsing about.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, XK140 said:

https://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=130611

This is the go to place for best BMW prices,great guy to deal with.

Not to say that your local dealer could not match,but this guy just gives you his best and only price straight away with no messsing about.

Guess who gave me this deal 🤪 

I might actually qualify for a larger discount elsewhere, just waiting to see on that.

My baby has gone. Whoever gets her, know I've treated her very kindly and she's a great car. 

Thanks for your help all.

I'll update on what I decide, but looks like I can get a great deal on a M235i. 

I'm still in the Lexus fold, I'll just have to buy an F badge for the RX300 🤣

Be interested to know what actual discount you have been offered on a M135i.

I had one for a day when our M140i was serviced so did a back to back comparison.We are contemplating whether to change the 140 as it approaches 3 years old and we are even considering a Lexus hybrid or yet another BMW.I know these are not comparable but I have the LC for luxury and fun etc.

The 140 is definitely the better drivers car,in my opinion.You cannot compete with a 6 cylinder engine,mated to the superb 8 speed ZF auto.However,the new 135 has a better spec and interior but suffers from the less than attractive front end now the longer bonnet has gone.

Hope you get the deal you want.

A J.

• Thanks 1

Think I'm sold on the M135i [emoji851]

I've heard a lot of guys who own these saying they are scary and unpredictable in wet weather. Handling is supposed to be pretty numb and aside from having a nice engine which has plenty of power they are very limited as a drivers car. I like the idea of them but I don't know if like a car that can't handle its power.

Or are you talking about the new 4 cylinder one? I certainly hope not....i can't see any redeeming features on them.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Irish ISF said:

I've heard a lot of guys who own these saying they are scary and unpredictable in wet weather. Handling is supposed to be pretty numb and aside from having a nice engine which has plenty of power they are very limited as a drivers car. I like the idea of them but I don't know if like a car that can't handle its power.

Or are you talking about the new 4 cylinder one? I certainly hope not....i can't see any redeeming features on them.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

🤣 too late im afraid 🤣

Yes its the new one.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:16 PM, V8ORBUST said:

🤣 too late im afraid 🤣

Yes its the new one.

Sub 5 seconds to 62 mph, 300 horses from a 4 pot, a vastly superior infotainment system, quite practical to boot plus add on your monthly savings ....loads of redeeming features in my book...sorry I forgot it has the' badge of doom '...:wink3:

Is that the beastie up for sale in Harrogate I see ? Best of luck with the new motor. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Sub 5 seconds to 62 mph, 300 horses from a 4 pot, a vastly superior infotainment system, quite practical to boot plus add on your monthly savings ....loads of redeeming features in my book...sorry I forgot it has the' badge of doom '...:wink3:

Is that the beastie up for sale in Harrogate I see ? Best of luck with the new motor. 

I refuse to look, it will break my heart. 

But thanks for your encouragement. I will ignore the badge 😅

I just hope it proves to be half as reliable as my former partner in crime.

Please if someone on here buys her, look after her, the tyres are all but new, as are the brakes. 

The carbon fibre upgrades I did, look beautiful imho and of course the quicksilver.

Saw the a M135i today in the exact spec I've ordered. Its a great looking car, especially with a couple of minor changes.

I truly hope things pick up and in a few years I eventually get that LC.

That was quick! Just had a look at the advert, looks an awesome car! 

Young lad at work has just got a new m135i, I always wind him up calling it an X2 but it is a nice car, just not for me even though I'm a BMW nut and i couldn't hack paying the amount a month that they are. 

But I suppose it's all relative if you were paying more on the RCF and it was all about what you're paying out short term! Now we are moving into the cold and wet you'll appreciate the constant traction too!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scott-o said:

That was quick! Just had a look at the advert, looks an awesome car! 

Young lad at work has just got a new m135i, I always wind him up calling it an X2 but it is a nice car, just not for me even though I'm a BMW nut and i couldn't hack paying the amount a month that they are. 

But I suppose it's all relative if you were paying more on the RCF and it was all about what you're paying out short term! Now we are moving into the cold and wet you'll appreciate the constant traction too!

The X Drive system will certainly ease some of my worries if we get a bad winter. 

I'm saving around £360 a month, I'm due about £1500 in rebates, I save on payments for 2 months, plus consumables will be cheaper on the 1.

I just could not justify keeping her. I've 100% done the right thing for my family. We hopefully are doing some home improvements, so it will help my budget.

You're right, she is awesome, maybe I should have done sale or return, I was offered 1k more to do so.

It would have been ideal to do a deal with a member, as they would have had 1.5 years lexus warranty, but I couldn't really afford to wait for someone to come along.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:06 PM, AJ500 said:

Be interested to know what actual discount you have been offered on a M135i.

I had one for a day when our M140i was serviced so did a back to back comparison.We are contemplating whether to change the 140 as it approaches 3 years old and we are even considering a Lexus hybrid or yet another BMW.I know these are not comparable but I have the LC for luxury and fun etc.

The 140 is definitely the better drivers car,in my opinion.You cannot compete with a 6 cylinder engine,mated to the superb 8 speed ZF auto.However,the new 135 has a better spec and interior but suffers from the less than attractive front end now the longer bonnet has gone.

Hope you get the deal you want.

A J.

A J.

I got the best part of a 15% discount and 2.9% apr. Tiny deposit and relatively low monthly.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:50 PM, V8ORBUST said:

My baby has gone. Whoever gets her, know I've treated her very kindly and she's a great car. 

Thanks for your help all.

I'll update on what I decide, but looks like I can get a great deal on a M235i. 

I'm still in the Lexus fold, I'll just have to buy an F badge for the RX300 🤣

I’m sure you will miss her...... I know I did.........

18FBCFF5-6BCD-43CB-A3EF-9D3D8D581D08.thumb.jpeg.d70f95a3317e367ef2e0ebce5a014142.jpeg

Bought this to console myself back in May.........kept for 6 months before another house renovation beckoned.......

9D55562B-2810-4B2F-B18F-0AC12550D4D5.thumb.jpeg.b7686f5fedca55b64e42a68e95bf59ee.jpeg60052EAC-F305-48DA-916E-FF4F8D027197.thumb.jpeg.9705af1ab26880af1f904ee96a15a2fb.jpeg

Bucket list normally aspirated must have.......😉

Stay safe lockdown to you all 👍

Big Rat 🐀

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

18FBCFF5-6BCD-43CB-A3EF-9D3D8D581D08.thumb.jpeg.d70f95a3317e367ef2e0ebce5a014142.jpeg

Bought this to console myself back in May.........kept for 6 months before another house renovation beckoned.......

9D55562B-2810-4B2F-B18F-0AC12550D4D5.thumb.jpeg.b7686f5fedca55b64e42a68e95bf59ee.jpeg60052EAC-F305-48DA-916E-FF4F8D027197.thumb.jpeg.9705af1ab26880af1f904ee96a15a2fb.jpeg

Big Rat 🐀

I can't afford to follow in your footsteps on that one 🤣

18 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat 🐀

Oooft now that's a purchase, the father has a V8 Vantage S, if you haven't already join AMOC, lovely club and organise some crackin' events (when our mutual friend Covid allows). Simply Aston events are good turnouts too. If you want any naughty bits and pieces doing to it, I couldn't recommend Bamford and Rose more - driest of dry personalities but they know their Astons!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links