Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car next?

I think I’d really miss my ISF if I sold it.

Its not perfect, but it’s really got a personality unlike the fast Audi we had, and it’s only 1-2 times a year we really need the extra estate load carrying capacity 

im under a bit of financial pressure too, but I think I’ll just buy Aldi beans not Waitrose ones 🧐

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

I think I’d really miss my ISF if I sold it.

Its not perfect, but it’s really got a personality unlike the fast Audi we had, it’s only 1-2 times a year we really need the extra estate load carrying capacity 

im under a bit of financial pressure too, but I think I’ll just buy Aldi beans not Waitrose ones 🧐

I don't blame you. My wife told me too keep it, but I just knew what I had to do unfortunately.

House extension going up next year and I needed to up our contingency, amongst other reasons.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

By way of an update, my new toy arrived the other day. Not had a chance to driver her yet, but first impressions are positive.

Seats are awesome and overall build quality i have to say, is Lexus-esque. 

Steering wheel is too thick, only downside I can think of as of now.

Can't comment on the drive yet.

Pics are rubbish so apologies.

The eagle eyed will spot a subtle change I've already made.

20210105_130435.jpg

20210106_130118.jpg

20210106_130114.jpg

20210106_130102.jpg

20210104_182913.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, V8ORBUST said:

Yep, a mighty 2.0 4 pot, 306bhp 450nm 0-62 officially 4.8, more like 4.4.

Plenty fast enough and being 4wd, obtainable all year round.

Life after Lexus 👍

Just now, Flytvr said:

Plenty fast enough and being 4wd, obtainable all year round.

Life after Lexus 👍

That was my issue with the RCF, the power wasn't usable for me. Will miss the sound though 😭

22 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

That was my issue with the RCF, the power wasn't usable for me. Will miss the sound though 😭

I dig that. I found that to the get the best out of my ISF or my RCF, I had to drive them hard. The AMG provides more entertainment at low speeds. Will always love F cars however - hence why I still hang round here 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

I dig that. I found that to the get the best out of my ISF or my RCF, I had to drive them hard. The AMG provides more entertainment at low speeds. Will always love F cars however - hence why I still hang round here 😁

Dav, isn’t it more the fact that the faster u drive the AMG the quicker it’ll break down? 😂🤣.....couldn’t resist, hope u had a great Christmas and new year

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Dav, isn’t it more the fact that the faster u drive the AMG the quicker it’ll break down? 😂🤣.....couldn’t resist, hope u had a great Christmas and new year

Brilliant 🤣

It’s out of manufacturer’s warranty in April. Spent today looking for a replacement! 😂

I will point out that after breaking down on day one, the 63 has been faultless. It does get an awful lot of attention - more than my old carbon. Small children run for cover and dogs yelp. All fun within the speed limits.

145 mph (overseas) in my carbon, made me realise that speed isn’t the answer. Carbon was however a great car.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

Hope you enjoy the 4wd ,i have parked up gsf while I have to ask wifey very politely for her rx 450fsport or ct car keys grudgingly she only has provided keys to ct!!!!.oh well I’m enjoying life in slow lane at least i have had to fill tank up for 6days!!!yipee😂😂😂

• Haha 2

V8orbust. Lovely new  M135i.

Assume thats Misano Blue. Not sure from pics which wheels you have.If they are 18s did you get Adaptive suspension?

We are currently in negotiation for a stock M135 but lockdown has obviously affected things.Dealers are telling me they can all do Click and Collect .

My wifes M140 is 3 in March but we were hoping to get sorted this month.

So far the discounts we are discussing are not to my liking.

Noticed your very subtle security enhancement!

A J.

• Haha 1

@AJ500 Ahhh, that's not quite the change i was thinking of, but I have made a few enhancements 😄

They are 19's 552M bi colour diamond cuts, part of the plus package. Its supposed to handle better on 19's and the ride is definitely softer than on the RCF.

I got a 14.5% discount on a new order, I guess given the brexit trade deal is done, dealers should know where they stand a bit better and deals should be there. I rushed my deal as I had to.

15% is about the best you can do, but I think one or two have done better.

Try Tony at TRL, knows his stuff and no bs. You'll find more info on babybmw forum.

I've literally driven it home and thats it. Seats ... dare I say... are more supportive and comfortable than the RCF's 😬

i'll know more after a motorway run.

I'm expecting the economy long term to be slightly better than the V8, but there won't be much in it.

I truly hope that Lexus up their infotainment game, idrive 7 is just wow in comparison.

@V8ORBUST

Floor mats.

I am told anything over 11% was only achievable when first lockdown ended and BMW were giving the dealers an extra margin to shift stock.Stock is very thin at the moment.I dont accept these figures but need to find another car to actually haggle over. Our 140 has proven even more popular since it stopped production and so far the bids on it are pretty good.

As this is our second car I must stay below the £40 k and that means a pretty basic spec.Thats OK as its very good anyway. 
We are used to the brilliant i drive but I have no complaints over my LC system.Apple carplay etc is of no interest to me.The Lexus Mark Levinson is very good as is the HK in the BMs we have had.

Let us know how it goes when you can get some miles on.

A J.

9 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

@V8ORBUST

Floor mats.

I am told anything over 11% was only achievable when first lockdown ended and BMW were giving the dealers an extra margin to shift stock.Stock is very thin at the moment.I dont accept these figures but need to find another car to actually haggle over. Our 140 has proven even more popular since it stopped production and so far the bids on it are pretty good.

As this is our second car I must stay below the £40 k and that means a pretty basic spec.Thats OK as its very good anyway. 
We are used to the brilliant i drive but I have no complaints over my LC system.Apple carplay etc is of no interest to me.The Lexus Mark Levinson is very good as is the HK in the BMs we have had.

Let us know how it goes when you can get some miles on.

A J.

@AJ500 will do. Correct i have changed the mats, well spotted 😄

But its something I'd think is even  more obvious, on the exterior.

The dealer is fobbing you off. Somebody got 19% off only a few weeks ago.

As I say, contact Tony, he's honest and will let you know where he's at immediately.

Mine was a car on the production line that could be adjusted.

Big discounts are achievable on BMW's, just find the dealer desperate to shift cars to make commission.

I love the LC, stunning car.

Maybe door mirror caps? Not sure if black grille comes with Pro Pack.

We got 18% off my last M4 and nearly 30% off this 140i as they were being pushed hard.

I will approach Tony . Several dealers have said the same so far ,even on basic cars they have in stock .Maybe the uncertainty of Brexit will lift and with lockdown they will look to be more aggresive.

A J.

1 minute ago, AJ500 said:

Maybe door mirror caps? Not sure if black grille comes with Pro Pack.

We got 18% off my last M4 and nearly 30% off this 140i as they were being pushed hard.

I will approach Tony . Several dealers have said the same so far ,even on basic cars they have in stock .Maybe the uncertainty of Brexit will lift and with lockdown they will look to be more aggresive.

A J.

@AJ500 nailed it. I've changed the ceylon grey parts to gloss black 😁

Anyway, enough about my German invader 😄

53 minutes ago, Malc said:

just a quick Q  ............  how do you fit two people with ordinary legs onto the back seats ?

Malc

I'm 6ft 1 and I fit in behind my driving position.

51 minutes ago, Malc said:

just a quick Q  ............  how do you fit two people with ordinary legs onto the back seats ?

Malc

Hmmmm ,I fear we may require a very detailed scientific answer as to what we should regard as “ordinary “ and very importantly “legs” unfortunately this may result in some of us questioning the state of our appendages and all well loved shorts fuelling warm fires😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1