Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any exhaust systems going for an IS F?

I’d think long and hard before buying an aftermarket exhaust unless it’s electronically switchable.
That's the type I'm planning on getting. Xforce varex system is my first choice. Did you find yours too loud?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

https://www.haywardandscott.com/lexus/lexus-isf/lexus-isf-cat-back-system-without-x-pipe.html

Mines got that one on, previous owner bought it. It's completely fine, i'd even go as far as to say i'd like it a little louder to be honest.

It's quite loud on cold start but it's only for 20 seconds (or if you really dont want it to be loud on cold start just stick it in drive once fired up)

2 hours ago, Irish ISF said:

That's the type I'm planning on getting. Xforce varex system is my first choice. Did you find yours too loud?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It’s not really the volume. It’s down to drone. All the after market exhausts will suffer from drone at certain rpm / load. Even the stock exhaust has a little.

Some people don’t mind it others do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

It’s not really the volume. It’s down to drone. All the after market exhausts will suffer from drone at certain rpm / load. Even the stock exhaust has a little.

Some people don’t mind it others do. 

Hayward and Scott cat back on mine, limited if any noticeable drone at motorway speeds. 

Don't confuse drone with exhaust noise which is surely what you are after or you'd be staying stock. 

Mine has done 40k in 3 years with that exhaust fitted, mostly motorway and lots of that with wife and mother in law on board who have never mentioned the noise at all. 

Quiet and sedate if you drive it sedately, a bit noisier if you drive or like a nutter. I agree with @scott-o if anything, it could be louder.

I’m really interested in buying one of these H&S units, but can’t decide whether to get the X pipe or non Xpipe.  Any thoughts?

Also...

do people find an H&S makes an ISF harder or easier to sell?

Also...

My ISF doesn’t seem to always blip when I downshift, and I’ve heard changing the exhaust to H&S will accentuate these little aural treats.

12 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

I’m really interested in buying one of these H&S units, but can’t decide whether to get the X pipe or non Xpipe.  Any thoughts?

Also...

do people find an H&S makes an ISF harder or easier to sell?

Also...

My ISF doesn’t seem to always blip when I downshift, and I’ve heard changing the exhaust to H&S will accentuate these little aural treats.

I've got the none X pipe one but still have the secondary cats in place. It's great but as above i'd maybe have it a little louder to be honest so i think at some point ill get a section made up to remove the secondary cats (maybe small straight through silencers instead like the H&S center section).

They only blip over a certain RPM, i've got the exhaust and a K&N Typhoon on mine and the rev matching sounds incredible now. The exhaust provides more low down noise then 4k+ the intake starts to take over.

When i went to view my car i didnt realise it had the exhaust on and the cold start noise pretty much sold it to me 😂 luckily the whole car is a top example!

Hi @Arth_Vader, I haven't got a system on my ISF yet. X pipe or not to me, depends how you want your car to sound.

From pictures I've seen, the H&S non X-pipe version keeps the exhausts of each bank of cylinders separate. Giving a Cobra/AMG type sound.

The X-pipe converges the flow of both cylinder banks resulting in a more exotic style sound. 

There are a few clips on YouTube, some are from members on here, I'd have a gander at those and see what you think. 👍

I had a bespoke system made from cat back, after 2 years it still has a drone at 65-80ish, I’ll be dropping it off for a resonator install in the centre to hopefully eliminate the drone, the car is fine as is on flat surface, slight incline and the drone is present......they do settle down a bit after about 2000miles BUT for me I wish I’d just had back boxes first and then car back BUT I didn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

Thanks everyone,  I’ve seen a few vids from people on this website on YouTube (I seem to do little else but watch them) but honestly it’s pretty hard for me to tell the difference between x pipe and non, and you can’t really judge the volume on a video.

The good news seems to be everyone seems to be happy with their H&S systems.  

On 10/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, NothernDan said:

Hayward and Scott cat back on mine, limited if any noticeable drone at motorway speeds. 

Don't confuse drone with exhaust noise which is surely what you are after or you'd be staying stock. 

Mine has done 40k in 3 years with that exhaust fitted, mostly motorway and lots of that with wife and mother in law on board who have never mentioned the noise at all. 

Quiet and sedate if you drive it sedately, a bit noisier if you drive or like a nutter. I agree with @scott-o if anything, it could be louder.

exactly the same here 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just put the idea of an H&S on hold.  

I just rang Adrian flux and the quote post modification definitely did not make me happy.

They just put my boxster insurance up too after I reached 10 years no claims so they are definitely in my bad books now.

Very grumpy.  This was the only thing I had to look forward to in lockdown.

I think AF quoted me almost £1600

Risk factors seem to be my wife who “only” has 5 years NCB  (I have 10) london and the exhaust, but AF now seem to be quite expensive compared to what I can get quoted on confused, rather than cheaper.

Having got off my bum and started price checking, the (recently renewed) AF insurance for my boxster S now seems pretty extortionate as well. I didn’t check on renewal, silly me, and now I seem to be paying 20-25% more 

Pretty damn disappointing performance from AF, in view of their reputation for looking after owners of interesting (ie modded and performance) cars.  I was going to take another car to them but now I’m thinking of yanking the boxster off them as well.

I’ll look up Chris nott,   Thanks Cactus.

I'm with Sky Insurance on mine with exhaust declared and it was £650, im 31, 3 points, business use etc. and 12k miles. I've also used A-plan (i use these now on my old BMW) and Greenlight with good results. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2020 at 5:39 AM, TTE said:

For those of you with the H&S system that say i could be louder, have you considered doing a muffler delete? 

I think if anything for me it will be secondary Cat removal. I know H&S do these removal pipes with small silencers in, instead of the cats, for the £1400 exhaust but in the past did the center section without them. I think generally it was maybe too loud for most!

I think for most keeping the standard center section and putting the rear H&S section on without X pipe will be plenty and it is for me at the moment but i think i'll end up wanting a little more 😂

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Admiral multi-car have been excellent and we saved quite a bit on 2 cars. We've now added a third and its dropped again

I’m with admiral too, I pay under £600 for my F and my daily C70 convertible, 5 cars costs me £2k a year, my son 22, ep3 type-R,....daughter 19, Chevrolet Aveo n the wife’s Auris.....obviously the kids pay for their own BUT they are also accumulating their own NCB.