Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retro fitted them to my 20 year old motorhome.

£30 for a six wheels pressure display.

And it tells you exactly which tyre is low unlike the factory TPMS system that tells you to get out of your car and look at all your wheels and then guess which one might be low.

2 hours ago, J88TEO said:

All OK until I too it for a long drive 2 days ago. On the return journey the warning light came back on. I tired resetting it but it would not play ball....so back to the garage at some point!

Lost it's memory again?

Anyone has encountered this problem before?

Cheers.

I am back.

Yes, so is my issue - but a different message.

Before it mentioned low tyre ressure, but now the Message is 'Check System' with the tyre light.

It came on yesterday after I had driven 300+ miles up the motorway.

Here's the weird thing.

Just after the warning came on I had a new message in addition, it read 'Check VCS' and the skidding car light came on. 10 minutes later the Orange Brake Disc and orange Engine Management lights came on too.

Today the lights were all on and after driving 35miles I left the car for a couple of hours. When I next started it the Disc and Engine management lights were now gone, along with the Check VCS warning, although the 'Check System' warning and associated light is still showing.

I spoke to Lexus and they said that they could not comment without connecting the car to their computer, charging a minimum of 1 hours labour at £132 - more than I pay my solicitor and hour to convey my house sale !!!!!!! - but even then could not guarantee it would give a specific answer and more investigation may be necessary also at £132 per hour !!!!!!!

On my car, no other lights except the TPMS and of course the red triangle light too. Message is just "check system".

This is the 2nd time this has happened. As mentioned, the 1st time garage told me the system went blank - no sensors detected. Reprogrammed and all Ok until this longish journey...same with the 1st time....

Long journey triggered the warning light??????....strange!

Is it possble the TMPS module is faulty? Is this module a "plug and play" one?

Cheers.

30 minutes ago, Pewe said:

I am back.

Yes, so is my issue - but a different message.

Before it mentioned low tyre ressure, but now the Message is 'Check System' with the tyre light.

It came on yesterday after I had driven 300+ miles up the motorway.

Here's the weird thing.

Just after the warning came on I had a new message in addition, it read 'Check VCS' and the skidding car light came on. 10 minutes later the Orange Brake Disc and orange Engine Management lights came on too.

Today the lights were all on and after driving 35miles I left the car for a couple of hours. When I next started it the Disc and Engine management lights were now gone, along with the Check VCS warning, although the 'Check System' warning and associated light is still showing.

I spoke to Lexus and they said that they could not comment without connecting the car to their computer, charging a minimum of 1 hours labour at £132 - more than I pay my solicitor and hour to convey my house sale !!!!!!! - but even then could not guarantee it would give a specific answer and more investigation may be necessary also at £132 per hour !!!!!!!

Peter,

What is the state of your 12V Battery? A poor Battery gives rise to all sorts of errors non of which are check Battery.

John

2 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Peter,

What is the state of your 12V battery? A poor battery gives rise to all sorts of errors non of which are check battery.

John

It is an old Battery but has never let me down.

I will check it when I get home in a couple of days.

Thanks for the heads up.

15 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

To be fair the only reason for them would appear to be safety

reading all these comments it seems to me as a " seasoned " driver that the TPMS is merely a means to grabbing money from the teccy car owning public to check and remedy spurious warning lights from time to time ...  at £132 + vat an hour, min 1 hour 😲

Malc

I suppose it could also be said that if the light comes on and a tyre is losing pressure, at least you can prepare to stop safely or get to a garage if you don't have a spare. Fortunately, my car shows the individual pressures.

UPDATE:

This afternoon after about 100 miles on the motorway the red Brake symbol, an orange ABS and the Check VCS came on. I ignored them for a few miles than stopped at a services. When we left the services the lights/warnings were gone and wwhen we stopped after a further 100 miles they were still off. 

We have 250 miles to go tomorrow so it will be an interesting trip.

I get the check system warning every now and again. TechStream sees no readings so the batteries are dead or dying. I don't really want to spend money on a system I don't need - just wish it could be disabled.

I also get the check VCS warning with fault codes. I'm told it's the cat on its way out but it's a pain because I have to keep clearing the code but it's uneconomical to replace a cat in a car like this 2007 GS 300.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:28 PM, J88TEO said:

Just picked up Lexi...£95 + VAT ( £114 ) poorer and the TPMS light is now out!

£60 to remove and refit tyres and £35.00 to erase and programme the sensors.

Am a happy man....

Hi Joe. Is the TPMS system still working ok 2 years on? I need to replace the sensors on my GS300 2007.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links