Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door panel lights. How do I select a different colour?

Thinking about it - probably for the cars with say black or white interior that would be very nice addition. I tried it on MB E300 which had boring black interior and it really makes it more cosy and interesting, especially at night. But I cannot imagine it adding anything extra when you have more distinct interior, like the Rose-Red in my car.

Either way, sorry to disappoint you Glen, but custom colour for ambient lighting is not a feature offered on Lexus (any model). For some reason I thought new LS has this option, but it seems it is just single colour, even LC only has white lights from my memory. 

@NemesisUK - it may be offered only on Takumi now. Hard to confirm as it is no longer offered for sale and I cannot find any specific information. Probably it is somewhere in brochure small print. The reason I am guessing it, is because it is available in US with Luxury-Pack which otherwise is ~Takumi in UK.

@Linas.P possibly just a North America spec option. I have the 2019 RC brochure and no mention at all. When I commented on the lack of ambient lighting on collecting my 2019 RC the salesman was surprised and disappeared to consult "the paperwork" and pronounced it (the ambient lighting) had been discontinued. 

Shame really as it was quite subtle and classy 

Yes, actually most of the time I do not notice it, but when thinking about it - makes cabin just a little bit brighter, highlights interior shapes and adds bit of luxury to the car. Kind of strange decision to remove it, especially as they already had it in.

So if they had it, do I have it? My 2016 rc offers me this. I go Display, General, Bar colour.. it then presents me with a screen which shows seven coloured boxes, white, pink, blue, and so on.. all begging to be selected but I cannot select them! I have the knob controller, like bmw i drive, but push it and it just double beeps to tell me off. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong or failing to do?

By "bar colour" do you mean "button colour"? Because bar colour is not an option under "General" (see below) If you click on the colour which is already selected, then it simply beeps, if you click on different colour it selects. This is not to change the ambient lighting colours - which cannot be changed, it is just white.

image.thumb.png.720b7017c007548545131f3abc892427.png

The only other place I can imagine is here:

image.thumb.png.88dd839ef765b530154e4422649e3dd4.png

If you click on general it simply adjust the display background colour.

• 1 year later...

I've been offered a bargain rc300h and the lack of ambient lighting is the only problem I see so far. This is not the worst thing that could upset the owner of a new car. I don't think I'd like to have a mini-party in the car, so I don't really see the need for changing lighting shades. Have any of you used Vont smart bulbs for your home? I bought one for my daughter and now my eye twitches at the harsh bright colors. Now it's her favorite toy, and I have a gag reflex to crimson. After that, a boring salon in classic white lighting will seem like heaven, haha.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links